The Amazing Spider-Man Sam Rami "loved" The Amazing Spider-Man

Last thing I heard was that Raimi felt that watching TASM was like "going to the wedding of my ex girlfriend," which I couldn't find any more reasonable. And thus had refused to see it.

I'm glad he saw it, not because he liked it but because I think it was necessary for him to get rid of that burden. It must be very tragic to have done a movie dissatisfying for yourself (as he says SM3 was, and more so if they forced you to include plots you didn't want to handle) and than being unable to correct that (not only for yourself but for the fans, as it's clear that fans are important for him). So now I feel h was overcome all that. Good.

Yeah, I remember reading this when it was first released. I mean, it's cool and all that he "loved" the movie but it's still just one guy's opinion of the movie. I don't think it necessarily equates to having more weight in the opinion than say any one of us simply because he directed another set of Spidey films. I'm happy though he was able to get whatever it was he felt was holding him back and realize that he is just a Spider-man fan and that's what counts the most.

Oh and GG, his name is spelled Raimi. You may not care but I thought I would just help you and point that out. And with regard to your signature--I totally disagree. There's plenty of middle ground. There's preferences of course but it's not accurate to separate people into 'camps.'

There is probably an interview somewhere where Webb says he "loved" Raimi's film. Doesn't really mean much in the long run.Very few directors would badmouth a successor/predecessor.

It means Sam Raimi has left that bad episode behind.

Anyways, I understand Willem Dafoe "slammed" TASM?

There is probably an interview somewhere where Webb says he "loved" Raimi's film. Doesn't really mean much in the long run.Very few directors would badmouth a successor/predecessor.

Nolan bad mouthed Joel S's Batman films

As long as Sam RAIMI doesn't love ASM we are all content.

It means Sam Raimi has left that bad episode behind.

Anyways, I understand Willem Dafoe "slammed" TASM?

He slammed the idea of the reboot. He hadn't seen the film but watched trailer(s).

James Franco watched the film and slammed it, saying it wasn't bringing anything new or exciting or something like that.

But as UWH said, these are all just opinions, as valid as anyone's.

Sam Raimi is first and foremost a Spider-Man fan. So even though he's not part of the film series anymore, it doesn't mean he can't sit down and enjoy the film as a fan of the character. There will be Spider-Man films until the end of time so there is never any definitive ownership of any of these characters. Just different interpretations as the decades change.

There was an interview with Webb a bit before the release of TASM, and he said he liked all three Raimi films (Garfield too, even though he admitted it was a bit much...how ironic). Not sure if it's true, but I don't know why they would lie.

As long as Sam RAIMI doesn't love ASM we are all content.

'It was very hard for me to see the new Spider-Man movie, I felt so attached to it, I couldn’t see Spider-Man with another director; it’s like my love, and I didn’t want to walk in on my love with someone else. It was just like that. Then I got over myself last week and said, ‘just see the damn thing’. And I did, and I loved it. I actually felt free. I thought, ‘why am I carrying around this baggage?’ Of course the next Spider-Man story should be told, and [Marc Webb] did a wonderful job telling that. I loved the movie, and I’m looking forward like a fan to the next installment. I love the comic book, and now I don’t feel bound, and I’m really glad somebody’s remaking it again.'

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/heyuguys-...an/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

:o

If Sam can sit back and watch these movies just as a Spider-Man fan, then that's cool. Shows that he isn't high strung about it.

Nolan bad mouthed Joel S's Batman films
Really? I don't remember that, though i do remember him saying he wasn't a big fan of the Burton films and wanted his to be more "epic" in scope and feature a complete origin like Superman: The Movie

Boy Joel really dropped the ball there didn't he?

That's nice that he enjoyed it. Even if he didn't, who cares?

There was an interview with Webb a bit before the release of TASM, and he said he liked all three Raimi films (Garfield too, even though he admitted it was a bit much...how ironic). Not sure if it's true, but I don't know why they would lie.

Garfield has been the biggest advocate for the original series as far as I can see- from how obsessed he was with SM1 as a teenager, calling it "magical", trying to imitate Tobey's mannerisms, to saying that "Tobey will always be my Spider-Man". I've never heard the guy say anything that could be construed as even a little bit negative about those films. Maybe I missed an interview?

Andrew has never said anything really negative about the Raimi films. He stood up for Tobey at comic con when a fan sort of "insulted" him.

lol. Didn't he call Tobey, with all sincerity, a "sex machine"? Love the honesty and sincerity.

Well… even Joel Schumacher hates his own Batman films.

I think he's redeemed himself - I mean, ignoring the fact that he directed Flatliners, which I love, he also directs House of Cards, an amazing political drama on Netflix that stars Kevin Spacey.

EDIT - aaaaand I sound like an advertisement :p

Last edited:
Joel actually has a reasonable work, he directed some good films, and some bad ones, he wanted to make a dark Batman film as the 3rd one and after the failure of Batman & Robin, he was just never given the chance and the studios forced him to make more childish movies, he actually seemed to like the Batman mythos more than Tim Burton, since even his worst film was trying to be a tribute to the 60s tv show and the cheesiest side of the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"