• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Amy Acker IS The Cellist!

Does everyone in this show have to be an established comic character?

let the show introduce and establish its own characters.

Thank you! Not saying anyone specific, but people in general have complained way too much about that.

what if
there is more to Coulson than meets the eye, and the cellist was planted by hydra/shield to keep an eye on him.. maybe they are putting her in danger to draw him out

Didn't he know her before he died? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

I don't care whether the Audrey the cellist is an established character or not, but I wanted Amy to play someone else.

Amy already played the "True Love" of comic character Christopher Chance on Human Target,so I can see her doing good in the role.

Speaking of Human Target, someone get Mark Valley into the MCU.

I still miss Human Target with every fiber of my being.:csad:

I'm still Valley for Quartermain in season 2!:argh:

Amy Acker should play every role in everything. Needless to say, I'm down for this casting.

Is there any way that Amy Acker's character could become a superheroine named "The Cellist"?

Maybe she can use her bow as a baton, her cello as some kind of weapon, and her cello case to slide down the snowy slopes as an escape vehicle. :p

I don't think I saw this posted already:
Interview (via Marvel.com)

Picture:
53349c6abe97c.jpg
Interesting excerpt:
Marvel.com: Given that, in this episode, we’ve got Audrey being placed in danger from a threat coming back from her past, how do you think she is able to hold up under that pressure?
Amy Acker: That’s kind of the struggle of the episode, [her] finding the strength to hold up under that pressure. I think probably her relationship with Coulson and with S.H.I.E.L.D., and what they did for her in the past, has made her a stronger person and made her really trust that if she does what they say, that things are going to turn out the way they should and that she’s going to be protected. So I think that when she gets afraid and starts to doubt whether or not the plan is going to actually work, it seems like her love of Coulson is what makes her strong enough to keep with it in the end.
The part I underlined makes me wonder what her past with SHIELD (not just Coulson) has been.

Last edited:
She's gonna run that Bow through Phil's chest just for putting her through all that

Does Amy play the Cello at all? Or has she learnt anything? Or will she be faking it and someone else will be there for the closeups?

I like Amy, but I had hoped for Jennifer Grey in that role. Would have brought the Dirty Dancing fanbase to the MCU

Is there any way that Amy Acker's character could become a superheroine named "The Cellist"?

Maybe she can use her bow as a baton, her cello as some kind of weapon, and her cello case to slide down the snowy slopes as an escape vehicle. :p

if she furthers her education, she could become the Night Nurse.

Does Amy play the Cello at all? Or has she learnt anything? Or will she be faking it and someone else will be there for the closeups?

she'll be in a full body cast and communicate with nose twitches.

I hope she has a habit of saying "cello" in place of "hello."

I am for it. First Jemma and Skye, then Lorelei and Sif. Now Winifred? They really want to make me watch this show don't they? :D

Glad to see Amy Acker on the show, a little disappointed it's in this role. Unless this role turns out to be something else in disguise, lol.

The showrunners said a couple weeks back they contacted an actress they loved and asked her to start learning the cello.

Coulson is a bit different because he's the first Marvel character to go from the films to the 616 universe in the comics.

I agree that I was rooting for Jennifer Grey to play this character but I can understand why they would want a younger actress...most of their recent casting has been under a certain age threshold, aside from Michael Douglas.

It would be interesting if they are making the cellist into someone from the comics, especially like a Tess Black situation, hehe.

Coulson is an MCU original character.
Coulson appeared in a 616 comic before he appeared in a single episode of this show. Coulson counts. Even if he was created in the MCU, he's a comic character.

I'm all for established comic book characters getting added into the show, but did anyone really expect the cellist to be one of them? LOL talk about contrived

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"