• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Another hint for the possible return of 616 Ben Reilly

Won '08 said:
Yes, Ben was developed well, and yes he was "cool".
We agree. :)
Won '08 said:
But he simply does not belong in the stories of Peter Parker's life. No more.
We don't. :(
Won '08 said:
After the debacle that was the CLone Saga passed I realized the mistakes that were made and in all honesty they need not be made again. Going backwards with ben would be extremely pointless.
I would like to hear your opinion behind both points. The "why".
Won '08 said:
"Clones don't turn into dust!"

Cmon. Different artist, different renditions. But thats neither here or there in this situation.
I know what you're trying to say. But it's simply not correct. Based on what we KNOW, Jackal said that Ben (or Peter:) ) was the only perfect clone, "fully-baked" (i hate that term) and everything. The skeleton in the smokestack was another clone but there was no dust. I'll quote Glenn Greenburg from Life of Reilly:
GLENN GREENBURG said:
We knew that with Ben's death, it had to be made abundantly clear who was the original and who was the clone, once and for all. To finally get past this Clone Saga, there could be absolutely no more questions about who was who. Sure, Norman had explained everything earlier in the issue, but he was the BAD GUY! Who could believe anything HE says, right?
Bob Harras suggested that the simplest, most effective, and most dramatic way to resolve this was to have Ben's body experience clone degeneration upon his death. That would prove without a shadow of a doubt, to both Peter and the readers, that Ben had been the clone. Mark Bernardo and I had mentioned to Bob that clone degeneration, as established throughout the entire Clone Saga, didn't really work that way, but Harras's reponse was something along the lines of, "It works that way in this instance." Mark and I just shrugged our shoulders and went along with it.

Won '08 said:
In all honesty....Ben Reilly was a product of a clone saga gone wrong.
Yes, but he was the best product of the whole thing. Which I think is the general consensus of the saga. I don't want to see Clone Saga 2. Just Ben *cough*andKaineandBabyMay*cough*.

Won '08 said:
His death was epic to me, andj ust like they ruined Aunt May's passing....they would ruin his within his return. It brings a complete end to his story, as it should stay.
I'm gonna go on the record to state that Amazing #400 was a much better story than PP SM #75 (although I loved Revelations). Ben's death was not as epic as it should have been. And it's not even remembered by the characters. I think that among us "clone-heads" that we hardly feel a sense of "completeness".

Won '08 said:
Why does Spider-Man need Ben Reilly?

He doesn't.
We know that. But WE want him back.

Won '08 said:
"Why does marvel need to consider his return?

They don't.
Maybe, but I will give them my hard-earned money to see it. And I think others will too. He's got his own fan thread for chrissakes.

Won '08 said:
Like I said. The sibling factor was established between Peter and Johnny long ago...it's just a shame Marvel's current panel would avoid displaying such a thing.
Hey I love Johnny Storm to death but he's got his own family. I think you know who they are. It feels kinda cheap imo, like Spidey is the annoying neighbor (Urkel?) from next door. Ben Reilly was a much closer figure in Parker's life.

Umm someone please chop my hands off before I am forced to respond to this topic. No?

Bah. Ok then.

I like Ben dead, and there for he should stay dead. I stopped reading comics for 5 years because of the clone saga. I HATED IT. Ben was an interesting character, but I have no need what so ever to relive it. I dont care if it was the real fake ben, or a fake fake ben that died. Both of them were fake and never needed to be around in the first place.

Poof. Thats my two cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"