Comics When do you think Ben Reilly or Kaine will finally return?

Look at the sales figures. The Spiderman books were among the very few selling good numbers. It's also covered in the Life of Reilly, where at least one of the people who worked for Marvel mention how the Spider titles were the only ones to meet their goal in terms of sales- and, I might add, exceed it.

Hey did you really just call me bunky? Are you like 80 years old or is it a Captian America tribute? If it's a cap tribute: I salute you! If you're just a really really old person: what was the depression like?

Probably a Spider-Man tribute....maybe. Writers had him say that in some of the ASM issues around 150 and up.

Considering the large amounts of Ben Reilly/Clone Saga references found in Spider-Man comics lately and the way the editors and writers have addressed questions regarding the Clone Saga lately, when do you think Marvel will finally get the balls to bring back Ben Reilly, Kaine, or even Baby May?

My question isn't whether you actually WANT them to come back, but rather, when you think Marvel will finally pull the trigger. Do you think it'll be under JQ? Do you think they'll bring back an original Clone Saga writer/artist for the return? Or a new team altogether? Aaaaand finally, how do you think they'll go about it? What retcons do you think they'll use? :oldrazz:

Marvel is Marvel. They are out to make money and have literally brought back almost every character they've ever killed back from the dead. Once they deem it profitable, they'll do it. Since the purpose of these boards are to speculate, let's do it...:woot:

But the point is it wouldn't be profitable. The reason Reilly was killed and Peter brought back is because Reilly wasn't bringing in the money.

The only people who wanbt Reilly back are those who were young enough to make a connection to him as being "their" Spider-Man. But for most longtime fans, he was an imposter.

Marvel does themselves no good by over-exposing Spider-Man. He has too many titles as it is. And with Spider-Girl they've taken the off-shoot thing as far as it needs to go. Ben Reilly would be excessive and pointless.

Marvel does themselves no good by over-exposing Spider-Man. He has too many titles as it is. And with Spider-Girl they've taken the off-shoot thing as far as it needs to go. Ben Reilly would be excessive and pointless.

I loved the Clone Saga, but I have to agree. :up:

I loved the Clone Saga, but I have to agree. :up:

Well I don't necessarily think Ben Reilly needs to have his own title or be "Spider-Sidekick" or a redundant War Machine ripoff. I just think he's an important part of the Spidey mythos and would be a great supporting character or villain. Ben has been an important brother figure and was really the only other family Peter has had beyond Aunt May and MJ.

Why not bring him back in that capacity? I've said this again and again, but I wouldn't mind Ben Reilly losing his powers or something of that nature just so he can play an important supporting character without inciting the wrath of Peter Parker "loyalists".

Flash Thompson is important to the mythos too but he doesn't need his own monthly.

I'd take a powerless ben he could even be used to re-mask peter... Having Ben pose as Pete while Pete is Spidey...

Out of curiousity....what's the general consensus about a Kaine return?

I know a lot of us want to "keep the dream alive" (myself included) and hope that he's somewhere out there with Baby May. But what is everyone's opinion about him returning WITHOUT Baby May?

Would I accept Kaine without baby May? Not only that, but I would prefer it, and if he does come back (and I'm not holding my breathe), I bet May doesn't even get a mention. For a while I wanted her to return, but the more I think about it, the more I believe Peter's world as Spider-Man doesn't afford him the time or luxery of tending to the needs of a kid. It would make for a good 'The End' story, but other than that...

Kaine could show up following "the dream" and beating up a few foes/heroes along the way...

It's not going to happen. Only one who has a real chance of showing up is Kaine. and I wouldnt mind that at all. But leave Ben and baby May dead. Please

Sorry but i've been much too patient. ;) Some of you Clone Saga haters have had to wait two years (at most) for your precious status quo to return. Well we've been waiting for 10 years! The edge of our seats! The edge of our seats i say!

Not only that, but the status-quo now is waaaaaay more eff'ed than it ever was during the clone saga.:trans: (And no, there's no reason for the transformer emoticon, except cuz I felt like it)

the only good things that came out of the clone saga were norman osborne coming back and the baby.

im really hoping they bring the baby back.

Norman Osborn back was terrible, it only took them 10 years to make him interesting again. And thats by actually moving him out of a Spider-Man book.

Only thing good out of the clone saga is the What If issue that gave us Spider-Girl.

The Clone saga was horrible. Leave Ben Reilly, Kaine, and all the other rubbish that came from it, in the past where it belongs.

I'll have you know that Reilly and Kaine are NOT rubbish. Read 'Spider-Man: Redemption' if you need proof of the depth of these characters. Now granted, just about every other character from the clone-saga (I'm looking at you, Spidercide, the Jokerized Jackal, Traveller, the Host, female Doc Ock, all that Virtual Reality crap, Stunner) was rubbish, but not Reilly and Kaine.

there's more rubbish that is not clone saga related... Osborn banging Gwen, overgrown Goblin babies that don't look like an osborn... Peter's death and rebirth, Totemistic crap like Morlun and Shathra... Ezekiel I could tolerate, but the rest, blegh! I'd rather have a hundred clone sagas than another sins past or the crapper... erm... the other...
at least Kaine should make a comeback...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"