Comics When do you think Ben Reilly or Kaine will finally return?

freemadison

Ben Reilly > You
Reaction score
Considering the large amounts of Ben Reilly/Clone Saga references found in Spider-Man comics lately and the way the editors and writers have addressed questions regarding the Clone Saga lately, when do you think Marvel will finally get the balls to bring back Ben Reilly, Kaine, or even Baby May?

My question isn't whether you actually WANT them to come back, but rather, when you think Marvel will finally pull the trigger. Do you think it'll be under JQ? Do you think they'll bring back an original Clone Saga writer/artist for the return? Or a new team altogether? Aaaaand finally, how do you think they'll go about it? What retcons do you think they'll use? :oldrazz:

Marvel is Marvel. They are out to make money and have literally brought back almost every character they've ever killed back from the dead. Once they deem it profitable, they'll do it. Since the purpose of these boards are to speculate, let's do it...:woot:

Ok here's my speculation:

Since Ben Rielly/Scarlett Spider/Clone Sage nonsense is what made me and several of my friends stop reading comics altogether for years I predict that they won't come back at all. If they do, I'll stop again. Last time they tried that craziness sales took a drop if they do it again, sales will once again drop. Marvel does do some incredibably stupid concepts trying to milk money out of us (Onslaught/House of M) but after taking serious losses they do come around to better more well thought ideas (civil war) so I'm hoping marvel will be marvel and learn their lesson.

They'll come back when hell freezes over or a Clone Saga fan takes over at Marvel.

Me, I'd bring 'em back in a heartbeat, even in an alternate universe title. An' if whiney li'l Peter Parker shippers wanna boycott the book, GOOD.

Kaine may return in the distant future, but dont hold your breath. Ben Reilly crumbled into dust after getting impaled. He will return ten minutes after hell freezes over.

Kaine may return in the distant future, but dont hold your breath. Ben Reilly crumbled into dust after getting impaled. He will return ten minutes after hell freezes over.
And bringing him back from that would be any more unbelievable than every other comic book death/return? :confused:

They'll come back when hell freezes over or a Clone Saga fan takes over at Marvel.

Me, I'd bring 'em back in a heartbeat, even in an alternate universe title. An' if whiney li'l Peter Parker shippers wanna boycott the book, GOOD.

I was talking sales and money. It was mentioned in the original post. Peter Parker is Spider-Man. So Peter Parker shippers are Spider-Man shippers. If Spider-Man shippers boycott a Spider-Man book who's gonna get it?

Thank God you're not running marvel.

And bringing him back from that would be any more unbelievable than every other comic book death/return? :confused:

God help me....you're right. If Doc Ock can be brought back by a bunch of magical ninjas ( :huh: ) then I guess the same can be said for a dead clone that disintigrated into dust.

Rielly and Kaine will come back as soon as Joey Q steps down. lol.

Seriously though I don't know how I would feel about Rielly returning. I liked his character and all but meh.....

Kaine on the other hand would be freaking awesome. I would love to see him return.

God help me....you're right. If Doc Ock can be brought back by a bunch of magical ninjas ( :huh: ) then I guess the same can be said for a dead clone that disintigrated into dust.
Exactly....comic book deaths annoy me....now, if it's a character that I want back, you won't hear me say this....but some things were meant to be permanent.

Ben Reilly was a damn good Spider-Man. The only thing they did wrong was say Peter was the clone. THAT'S IT. If they hadn't said that the sales wouldn't have dropped. Read the stories fer the stories an' forget those li'l facts fer a moment, an' you'll see just how good they were.

And if I was runnin' Marvel it'd definitely be better than it is now. House of ideas my ass. House of shock value is all it is.

Ben Reilly was a damn good Spider-Man. The only thing they did wrong was say Peter was the clone. THAT'S IT. If they hadn't said that the sales wouldn't have dropped. Read the stories fer the stories an' forget those li'l facts fer a moment, an' you'll see just how good they were.

And if I was runnin' Marvel it'd definitely be better than it is now. House of ideas my ass. House of shock value is all it is.

I read some of the issues, didn't take to them. He dyed his hair and started working in a coffee shop. Didn't he also have some big fat dude as a roommate? He dressed in a cut top sweater and frankly looked and sounded like that backstreet or nsynic boy that recently came out of the closet.

I did read the issue where he died (mainly cause it had peter parker) and I thought his death was appropriate.

Oh, so you would do a better job huh? would any of your ideas involve a tiny canadian cigar smoking hairball with funny hair? That and bringing back ben reilly and alienating about half of marvel. Yeah, how'd they miss a gem like you?

Kaine; however, was a very cool character and I'd like to see him back.

id love it if they brought reilly back but more as a brother villain than a brother ally, they could make some great stories with his return like Ben blaming Peter for not rescuing him even tho it was a clone of a clone sort of story

No, Moral, they don't. And if yer gonna quote me, do it right. I said a SEPARATE book. One just fer us Reilly fans so you Peter Parker fanboys can go cuddle with yer identity revealin' Iron ***** an' we can get the one, true Spider-Man.

Actually what you said was, "Me, I'd bring 'em back in a heartbeat, even in an alternate universe title. An' if whiney li'l Peter Parker shippers wanna boycott the book, GOOD." even if means as another resort. You implied by the sentence that bringing him back was good and "even if" the mainstay couldn't happen then as a last resort you'd make an alternate universe book. You never used the words SEPERATE book at all.

If you're gonna get upset at me quoting you read what you actually wrote then grab an english book and check out sentence formation and structure. Then critize or else you might come off less than informed.....

Now go enjoy your one true backstreet boy (I mean spiderman, I just get them so confused at times. Which is the one with the bleached blonde hair, male roommates, and brittney spears fashion sense? Oh, that's both of them.)

Right, an alternate universe book...which means, DUH! Separate! Ya know, like Ultimate? Never implied replacin' Peter again, I couldn't stand the whinin'. No, that line simply says if the way to bring Ben back was to have him in his own title runnin' side-by-side, then so be it. Let the better spider win.

Try again, bunky. Line never implied replacin' Peter again, I couldn't stand all the whinin'. That line simply says if the way to bring Ben back was to create a book ala Ultimate an' have it all run side-by-side then so be it.

Read what you wrote again. I even quoted it for you. You said "even" after saying you'd bring it back. The line says bring him back (first point, implying directly into the current universe) even if (second point, implying if point one does not occur see point two) in an alternate universe. I'm sorry you didn't realize what you were writing. And understanding your original point now sure give him forty alternate universe books for all I care.

I'm not going to debate this any more, cause I don't want to have to teach english (and I'm really not that good at it anyway).

Hey did you really just call me bunky? Are you like 80 years old or is it a Captian America tribute? If it's a cap tribute: I salute you! If you're just a really really old person: what was the depression like?

Anyway that's all from me, now have fun looking in your english books and try not to break a hip.

You editted out my favorite line of your argument! It was classic. Shame...

Read what you wrote again. I even quoted it for you. You said "even" after saying you'd bring it back. The line says bring him back (first point, implying directly into the current universe) even if (second point, implying if point one does not occur see point two) in an alternate universe. I'm sorry you didn't realize what you were writing. And understanding your original point now sure give him forty alternate universe books for all I care.

I'm not going to debate this any more, cause I don't want to have to teach english (and I'm really not that good at it anyway).

Hey did you really just call me bunky? Are you like 80 years old or is it a Captian America tribute? If it's a cap tribute: I salute you! If you're just a really really old person: what was the depression like?

Anyway that's all from me, now have fun looking in your english books and try not to break a hip.

How is "bunky" a Cap tribute?
I would think Bucky would be a Cap tribute.

Also Kaine is going to be appearing again soon - Around Oct/Nov.
suposedly - I'm not really too sure of my contact but she says there are plans for him.

An Alt-Universe Ben Would be cool - Specially if he came from a nearly duplicate universe where he was the Real Pete Parker, and Pete died in Parker #75 and Ben of that universe was picked up by the - crap, forgot the name of the universe hopping group - picked up by them, and he finishes his missions with them, and is then dropped off in 616.
Then he gets his own book.

Ah, I love when people try to win arguments by TRYING to sound smart. Perish the thought he actually, I dunno, MISREAD what I wrote in the first place. Hmmm...

Anyways, it's Exiles, Ben. and I was thinkin' more along the lines of what I was startin' to do with just Ben survivin' #75 an' things progressin' from there.

Thanks Wolverine25th.

I also have a story that takes place after Ben died, but incorporates: Jackal, and his brother, and the FF and Avengers, but seeing the current state of the MU, I'm gonna have to revise it totally cause Steve Rogers was a big part of it along with a non-evil Tony Stark.

If they're going to bring them back, they should do what they were planning anyway back when Ben was supposed to be the real deal--a "Lost Years" series. That way the Clone Saga fans get their Ben & Kaine fix, and since the series would cover the 5 years that Ben was on the road, it can be set in 616 continuity (so no need to create another alternate reality) without having to strictly follow it (since Ben's road years all happened off-panel).

Other than that, I'm not really for either of them returning, and I think it'll be a long time before they ever come back, if they ever do. Besides the fact that if you bring Ben back you negate his heroic, self-sacrificing ending, how do you come back from dust? Yeah, the mystical ninjas resurrection idea was lame, but at least they had Doc Ock's body to work with! And if you say (as I've heard before) that it wasn't really Ben because clones don't disintegrate into dust so "the real Ben" can still be out there, once Ben returns we're right back to "which one is the real one and which one is the clone?" As I recall, one of the reasons Ben was killed off and turned to dust was in order to leave NO doubt that Peter is in fact the genuine article. It just seems like it would open too many cans of worms and cause headaches if they brought him back now...although if Marvel could milk it into a 15-part crossover event called "Civil War: Spider-Man: Ben Reilly: Swinging in Scarlet" or something, they might go for it.

Although I liked his Spider-Man outfit, I never really cared for Ben Reilly (I know there are differences, but for the most part he's another Peter Parker, and we've already got one of those)...I did think Kaine was a pretty cool character though. Even so, I respect that Ben has himself a lot of fans. But even the hardcore Reilly fans, if they think about it, won't want him returning anytime soon. After all, do you really want Ben & Kaine in the hands of the guys that turned Peter into a mystical spider-totem derived, stinger-popping, beaten-up by d-listers, possibly on his way to losing his marriage, un-masked "super hero" who also found out that his first love cheated on him with his worst enemy? If I were a Clone Saga fan, I'd be hoping that Marvel doesn't even know how to spell Ben Reilly let alone remember him.

LOL! I could see the title now-"Civil War:the Lost Years!" Not a big clone saga fan, but I would not mind seeing some references to Ben/Kaine in the current 616 line. I picked up "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" 19 today, and I was pleased with a quick Reilly reference. So, it doesn't look like Marvel has forgotten his name yet!

If I were a Clone Saga fan, I'd be hoping that Marvel doesn't even know how to spell Ben Reilly let alone remember him.

Hahahaha they don't know how.

Me: Hey JMS...how do you spell Reilly?
JMS: F...I...T...Z...G...E
Me: What?!??!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"