Iron Man Anyone prefer Iron Man over Dark Knight?

Sam Fisher

Heavy Meddle
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, TDK was very good. However, I liked this alot more. Which is funny because, I was always into Batman more than Iron Man. And TDK isn't really the "greatest superhero movie ever made" like the fanboys make it out to be.

TDK Was Good But Overhyped BUT In My Opinion Iron Man Was 10x Better :)

i think a lot of people like IM more.
nothing wrong with that. of course it would make more sense to open this kind of thread in the misc comics section. but hey lets open this in the IM section. it will be more fair :)

I thought it was a lot better

TDK was wayyyyyy overhyped. You can thank Heath Ledger for that

Im so confused by this thread....i think im gonna go lay down

I prefer Dark Knight. There's nothing wrong with Iron Man, but it was a little....predictable. Both were great though.

What bothers me is that people are claiming dark knight was overhype. Im just not seeing that. The movie delivered everything that it said it would

I don't personally, but I can see how someone would like Iron Man more. Take my brother, for instance: he enjoyed Iron Man more than The Dark Knight, but he feels that The Dark Knight is the better movie.

Oh I actually enjoyed IM. I didn't even really like TDK. Too implausible for me. Of course, I've been an IM fan since the early 80's and I've NEVER liked Batman, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Quite frankly I thought BB was better than TDK as well, but I'm partial to origin stories.

I can't say which one I like more. Iron Man was fun and cool to watch, and The Dark Knight was just as much fun and cool imo. I'd prefer not choosing since I'm buying both movies anyways. :)

Why must we do this...they were both awesome.

But seeing as how I grew up a Batman fan, to answer your question.

Do I prefer IM over TDK?

NO.

But like I said, they were both awesome.

TDK 10/10
Iron Man 9.5/10

TDK is indeed the better film, but Iron Man has more repeat value and was just a lot more fun. :up:

I do think that Iron Man was a very good film...But not a great film...Likewise with Batman Begins...There was just something about both of those movies that turned me off and didn't make them great films...I do believe it was the same problem for both movies...I just do not know what it was...But there is no denying that Iron Man was a good movie...!

Iron Man would have needed a third act that made sense for it to be better than Dark Knight.

Iron Man would have needed a third act that made sense for it to be better than Dark Knight.

When you can back up your comment with some reasoning instead of an off the wall remark, someone might bother to respond properly. If the third act of Iron Man didn't make sense, then it might be time to go back to childrens films.

Both films are flawed, but I much prefer Iron Man over Batman because:

a) I prefer & relate to Tony Stark more than Bruce Wayne, he has far more flaws & that in turn makes him more interesting & much more accessible as a living breathing character.
b) It was a far more enjoyable movie & I am much more likely to watch it over and over again because of that.
c) Even though he only gets one line, I prefer Iron Mans voice to Batmans voice.
d) Fight scenes while brief in Iron Man, are much better framed & executed.

There are more that I could list but its time to go home.

Both are great, I prefer Iron Man over TDK because, well it's Iron Man, been a fan for as long as I can remember.

Any other year, TDK would've been my personal #1 movie of the year.

Possibly... it's really hard to call though, I think they're both superb, and have different strengths and weaknesses.

if iron man had a kick ass final fight in mecha anime style, it would have been the greatest.

apart from that it was a very good comic book film.

the dark knight i took as just being a film so i treated them differently.

for comic book nostalgia, iron man is far far superior

I enjoyed it more then The Dark Knight I found Iron Man more funny and plus RDJ was a PIMP in that movie lol

TDK was leagues better IMO but Iron Man has the potential to have a really badass sequel, which would be a much better comparison

so what every one's trying to say is..

TDK - Story Wise - Good

Iron Man - Effects Wise - KICKASS

am I to far off?

Iron Man was good. Dark Knight was great. Both movies will be sitting on my DVD shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"