Iron Man 2 Can Iron Man 2 Beat it's Predecessor

After reading the spoilers,unfortunately I do not think that there is a huge chance that the sequel will be better than the first Ironman movie. Imho,there is seemingly too much bullcrap that will hurt the movie.

I didn't read most of the spoilers but from what I've heard from everybody, I am a bit worried.

I'll of course judge the movie once I see it rather than judge it early but i'm hoping some of the things in the book get changed for the film.

The problem i had with the final fight in IM1 was Pepper's involvement and it looks like
she'll be in IM2's final fight as well. Seriously, what the hell is she doing going with Shield agents to arrest Whiplash?

I also didnt like how Monger's size and immense invulnerability didnt allow for a good fight. IM only punched him once and it didnt phase him. Just imagine Bumblebee vs Megatron. Bee wont be able to fight melee without getting tossed around.

That's why i like the Hammer drones in IM2. Not because they re fragile (too fragile perhaps?), but because they are about IM's size and he can actually fight them, punch them, grab them. Whippy is gonna get an armour at the end of the movie, so i just hope he is not another invulnerable mechanical giant that Tony can only defeat with some deus ex machina. I want to see melee + ranged weapons + gadgets + flight + crashing through buildings.

I agree. Whiplash's final suit shouldn't be any bigger than War Machine at the max.

Whatever it was, it managed to put me to sleep.

Lol thank god you don't speak for everyone...yikes
but don't worry I suppose im2 will be perfect for you...plenty of loud noises and explosions to keep you awake.

So from what I've heard about the novel, the movie wont be the great? :huh:

Lol thank god you don't speak for everyone...yikes
but don't worry I suppose im2 will be perfect for you...plenty of loud noises and explosions to keep you awake.

I prefer good acting, good story, good action as opposed to a bunch of preachy, pretentious, self-important BS. So sue me. I liked Kubricks films that followed that model(Spartacus for example) as opposed to his more boring work(2001 comes to mind).

Yeah. Apparentily the novel isn't as good as expect and many fans are not happy with the storyline.

Well I'm not going to risk spoilage by reading it, but who wrote it? PAD wrote the novelization of the 1st movie but I don't think he was on this one from what I've heard. Considering the amount that Fav's Iron Man franchise relies on improv to work, I'm not going to worry too much if whoever did the novelization didn't do a very good job.

Even if the flick was a big poop and we know its not, there isn't a person on this board who still wouldn't see it. Its the summer man, good movie on the horizon

**** the novel, why dont we wait to judge until after we see the damn thing

Because some of us want more of a feeler before going in to see the movie. And at least,we will be prepared some more.

Damn, I forgot to add a poll, well its too late now

novelizations are a terrible way to judge a movie, or at least for me. It doesn't help when the movie itself has a lot of adlibbing of the dialog as well, making it a completely different beast all together.

Reasons why IM2 will outperform its predecessor:

1) GA is now very familiar with Iron Man, unlike the first movie where most people except comics reader knew about him

2) RDJ is now an even bigger star, thanks to IM and Sherlock Holmes

3) IM2 will probably have the TDK effect, where the sequel gets overwhelming boost thanks to a successful prior movie

Reasons why IM2 will outperform its predecessor:

1) GA is now very familiar with Iron Man, unlike the first movie where most people except comics reader knew about him

2) RDJ is now an even bigger star, thanks to IM and Sherlock Holmes

3) IM2 will probably have the TDK effect, where the sequel gets overwhelming boost thanks to a successful prior movie

mmm I wouldn't call it the "TDK effect". the TDK effect is where your major star dies and everyone and their moms want to see his last completed performance as ..THE JOKER. and getting a good movie out of it to boot...

Its just a general expectation that a sequel will do better if the first movie is good and generally successful.

Iron Man is alot more family friendly and also a build up to a much larger picture. I think that has some weight to what we'll be seeing in the numbers.

But frankly I don't care in the end.

I don't want to turn this into a Ledger dying argument, but people mainly went to see TDK because it was Batman vs the Joker. There's no substitute for that kind of dynamic. It made millions for Batman '89, and lightning struck twice for TDK.

Iron Man 2 doesn't have anything like that it its villains, but it will still make more money than the first film. Not a lot more though, I don't think. Remember, SM2 was much better than the first but made less domestically.

SM1 was not as well recieved as IM1 was. SM1 also burned off a lot of casual fan curiosity among the general public(not comics fans but people who were aware of the character from the 1960's cartoon and such). IM1 didn't have that. By comparison, it sort of came out of the blue and I predict garnered a massive influx of new fans. But you're right about the JokerVBatman dynamic also being a factor in TDK's success. That's one of the reason's why most people expect the gross for the next Nolan Batman movie to decrease, regardless of quality.

I think IRON MAN 2 has a very good chance of knocking the first waaay out of the park. Both storywice, actionwice, AND moneywice... I'm fairly confident that IM2 will earn even more than the first - which I love and think is one of the absolute best MARVEL superhero flicks (right next to Spider-Man 2!"

In terms of quality I have to admit, I have no clue. I'm worried that it might turn out being bad... that the first one might've been a fluke.

In terms of quality I have to admit, I have no clue. I'm worried that it might turn out being bad... that the first one might've been a fluke.
^ No way dude... I see what you mean but... NO_WAY! It wont be bad. This director has a pretty good take on how to handle the franchise (or so it sounds).

I think it is very likely the sequel is going to be superb compared to the first. I have pure faith in Marvel on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"