ARC LIGHT: The Official Character Discussion Thread

Celestio said:
So she doesn't say one thing at all? Well that kind of sucks.

Does she use her shockwave both times at the final battle? Or does she do anything at Jean's house?
nope not even a line lol. at jeans house she just stands there letting storm fry her. but at the final battle you see her shockwave

*xmenfan* said:
nope not even a line lol. at jeans house she just stands there letting storm fry her. but at the final battle you see her shockwave

Ah ok lol. :p

I love this quote from the Detroit News:

In fact, new mutants show up at such a dizzying pace that they never acquire names, or else their names just don't sink in, so the audience is left to dub them whatever springs to mind. There's Porcupine Boy and Thunderclap Goth Androgynous Person and Really Fast Hot Chick and a horde of others, all colorful, bizarre and perfectly appropriate for a summer flick.

I was impressed with Arclight's part in the movie. Very cool.

Kazaire said:
I was impressed with Arclight's part in the movie. Very cool.

I'm not sure what there was to be 'impressed' by. She didn't say a damn thing, her part consisted of clapping her hands together twice, and holding her nose up in the air while she walked around.

I would have done that, for a LOT less money.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I love this quote from the Detroit News:

In fact, new mutants show up at such a dizzying pace that they never acquire names, or else their names just don't sink in, so the audience is left to dub them whatever springs to mind. There's Porcupine Boy and Thunderclap Goth Androgynous Person and Really Fast Hot Chick and a horde of others, all colorful, bizarre and perfectly appropriate for a summer flick.

Haha . . . sounds about right.

She was cool but could have been used a LOT more. I loved her effects though.

Celestio said:
She was cool but could have been used a LOT more. I loved her effects though.
how so?... her powers only seemed to serve one perpose.

though why did she stop clapping..ROTFLMFAO!!!.. she starts clapping for an hour until no one is left:D

That one part was cool. On a side note did they ever say Callisto's name? Thinking about it how would magneto find out everone's name "Everyone put on a name tag" Quill wasn't even named quill in the movie his name was spike.

marvelman418 said:
That one part was cool. On a side note did they ever say Callisto's name? Thinking about it how would magneto find out everone's name "Everyone put on a name tag" Quill wasn't even named quill in the movie his name was spike.
no it wasnt

marvelman418 said:

Actually, Ken Leung was in the credits as 'Kid Omega', so its neither Spike or Quill. Spike is most likely the guy in the forest who was throwing the..well, spikes at Wolverine.

xwolverine2 said:

though why did she stop clapping..ROTFLMFAO!!!.. she starts clapping for an hour until no one is left:D

I think she should have done something in the battle at Jeans house. Also done more in the final battle other than clapping her hands twice.

Plus, a few lines wouldn't have gone a miss. Psylocke even had two. :p

I really liked Arclight. I still don't get why they killed her :mad:

There were a lot of unnecessary deaths that added nothing to the film.

i've posted this in another thread, but here's my theory-
The deaths of Arclight, Callisto, Quill, and Psylocke would leave the Morlocks vulnerable to attack. Who would attack them - Sinister and his Maruaders of course. Many people (at least most i've talked to) wanna see Sinister and Gambit in the movies, why not start with this. Sabretooth would come back too. If you don't know the story, Gambit at first worked for Sinister and lead the Maruaders. Sinister ordered them to go to the Sewers and eliminate the Morlocks. Gambit finally sees the error in his ways and helps Marrow and a few other Morlocks escape. Sabretooth(a Member of the Marauders) attacks them, but they escape. He would of course head toward the only mutants who can help them, The x-men.
So, do think this little part of the movie could move the story along?

Even though the character didn't play a big part in the film...I really liked Arclight...a lot more than the comic version. I thought she was cool.

well they never mentioned Morlocks or Marauders by name. I would like to see the Mutant Massacre in the future but why bother since all of them are pretty much dead.

SpeedballLives said:
i've posted this in another thread, but here's my theory-
The deaths of Arclight, Callisto, Quill, and Psylocke would leave the Morlocks vulnerable to attack. Who would attack them - Sinister and his Maruaders of course. Many people (at least most i've talked to) wanna see Sinister and Gambit in the movies, why not start with this. Sabretooth would come back too. If you don't know the story, Gambit at first worked for Sinister and lead the Maruaders. Sinister ordered them to go to the Sewers and eliminate the Morlocks. Gambit finally sees the error in his ways and helps Marrow and a few other Morlocks escape. Sabretooth(a Member of the Marauders) attacks them, but they escape. He would of course head toward the only mutants who can help them, The x-men.
So, do think this little part of the movie could move the story along?

ahh but Arclight was totally like one of the major members of the Maruaders, but whatever they can change it. everythings different in the movies anyway

xwolverine2 said:

Her power is to affect inorganic/inanimate matter by finding the frequency at which it shatters. That's why she didn't clap at Storm at the house, or at others at the island. She was asked specifically to target the plastic weapons by generating a soundwave that specifically attacked the molecular structure of the plastic.

She should just open her shirt and emit shockwaves from those things she calls boobies.

tranny boobies, since it seems kinda common for some people to refer to her as a androgenous tranny evil x-men chick

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"