Arkham MAX and (Matt Reeves-produced?) spin-offs

89o59i.jpg

This is dumb. All his projects should just be in his own universe.

I'd rather Reeves not stretch himself too thin and remain within his own DC corner, far away from the demands of a cinematic universe, but we shall see. He hasn't given me a reason to doubt his DC projects yet.

Gunn's DCU hasn't even started, and is already confusing...

Producing is kinda a light term though. Lots of people “produce” things.
But seeing how this show originated from Matt I think it's likely he's gonna have a say on all the major things at least.

I think that is probably why he is a “producer” nothing more

I think that is probably why he is a “producer” nothing more
It still means he's gonna have role, whatever that might be, on the DCU Batman and its mythology as a whole. Whether that is just helping pick the writers/showrunners and directors or whether that's being involved in the story in some way. It makes sense too since he'd want to make sure it doesn't clash with the Batverse.

But seeing how this show originated from Matt I think it's likely he's gonna have a say on all the major things at least.
As I keep saying, that's not guaranteed though. The show's development easily could've resulted in Matt going from something closer to a writer/showrunner to now being more just in a producer role because of his past experience developing the show. It makes sense to bring him along for his input because he has that experience. So I don't see him necessarily having a major say on stuff and even if he does, I imagine that's because Gunn trusts that Matt wouldn't get power hungry over that.

As I keep saying, that's not guaranteed though. The show's development easily could've resulted in Matt going from something closer to a writer/showrunner to now being more just in a producer role because of his past experience developing the show. It makes sense to bring him along for his input because he has that experience. So I don't see him necessarily having a major say on stuff and even if he does, I imagine that's because Gunn trusts that Matt wouldn't get power hungry over that.
I think it has more to do with the fact Gunn is a fan of Matt, Matt is a fan of all things Batman and there's a /ton/ of stuff he by design can't do on his universe, and the fact that it's for the best to make sure both takes don't clash. It makes sense for everyone involved for Matt to have a major role on this.

There are also contracts and writing credits and arbitration. It’s almost impossible to get your name off something if you originated it.

Do people not understand that part of Gunn’s job is studio pr man? He puts spin on everything.

Do people not understand that part of Gunn’s job is studio pr man? He puts spin on everything.
I've got no real reason to think he is on this especially since Antonio Campos also strikes me as a Matt Reeves idea.

Why would this be Gunn's first move as CEO. That is crazy. Negotiations for this stuff go on for awhile before they're announced.

Why would this be Gunn's first move as CEO. That is crazy. Negotiations for this stuff go on for awhile before they're announced.
By this point I think it's incredibly likely there was a ton more backchanneling going on prior to his official hiring than we originally thought. Zaslav did say he was actively working with Gunn and Safran before they got hired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"