Audience Reaction/Theatre Reports

Anyone go to United Artist (South NJ) at 12:00?

ugh there were these annoying ass girls right in front of me and they wouldnt shut up so like 20 minutes into the movie i leaned down and told the to "shut the ***** up" So then they pretty much stopped talking.

At My Amc Theater in Houston People Laughned when Harry Fell Of Off His Sky Stick and Hit His Head In The Pole,Then Alot When Emo Peter Got Attention from The Ladies,Reminded me Like a Tag Commercial and When JJJ Walks Into His Office To see Peter All Over Betty Then And He Says''I Didnt Hire You For That Postion and The Madsion Fight,Just So Many Scene Got Peoples Attentions

Pretty well. I think most felt overwhelmed by the subplots and agree that it was disappointing, but overall there was a sense of "that was a decent movie, that was fun."

Better luck with number 4, though.

my theatre loved it, massive applause at the end, laughing where it was needed, during the bar dance(oh come on it was meant to be funny.) And a HUGE GASP when Peter knocked MJ down. I enjoyed it although you could really see the soap opera behind the movie in this one, but I had fun nonetheless. thumbs up!

Everyone loved the scenes with JJJ (especially the one with his pills and Betty buzzing in).

i had the laughing at wrong scenes too

reminds me of back when i saw spiderman 1 and aunt many was praying, and green goblin smashed into her house and she was screeming, the whole theater was laughing ridiculously.

I had a real live crowd. The theatre was only 2/3 full but brought the house down. I was surprised too because the most reactions came from a couple of older woman who seemed to really be into it.

From the awesome Rush Hour 3, FF2 (which i hadn't seen before but blew me away) and Harry Potter. they all cheered!

Don't get me started about the Peter dancing in the street scene, or him being hand fed Cookies while talking to Dr.Conners...i could have swore some ppl were falling out of their seats, laughing!

Great crowd. Made the mediocre scenes seem all the better!

I just got back from a 7pm showing. The showing was sold out and the next couple of showings were sold out as well. The crowd was pretty talkative throughout the movie. For instance, one kid yelled out "****" when MJ kissed Harry. A lot of the kids laughed at the funny scenes (when Emo Peter was walking down the street struting his stuff) and also at the dramatic scenes (when Peter was crying). I also laughed at the drama parts too. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing? Anyway, the movie wasn't exactly up to par as the first two, but it was still fun. I give it a B-/C+.

At My Amc Theater in Houston People Laughned when Harry Fell Of Off His Sky Stick and Hit His Head In The Pole,Then Alot When Emo Peter Got Attention from The Ladies,Reminded me Like a Tag Commercial and When JJJ Walks Into His Office To see Peter All Over Betty Then And He Says''I Didnt Hire You For That Postion and The Madsion Fight,Just So Many Scene Got Peoples Attentions

yeah, the people at my theater laughed at all those scenes too! They were funny. I thought it was funny that all it took for the Emo side of Peter to come out was a black shirt and hair over the eyes. People laughed at that. Also, when Harry teamed up with Peter at the end, I kinda felt like I was watching Batman and Robin. Did anyone else feel that?

I just saw it, and all I have to say is I got my money's worth in laughs. Not intentionally funny movie. That is not a good thing...

I saw it at Arbor Place(GA) the midnight showing. I felt like i was the only person there who was pumped for the movie. I had on my Amazing Spider-Man #4 t-shirt on, and was made fun of for wearing a Spider-MAn t-shirt to a Spider-Man movie! What the hell!

I went to the Uptown theater in Washington D.C. for the midnight showing. It was PACKED.

As for the reaction, I think that some loved it, and some hated it. Some of the reactions really ruined some of it for me, though. I was livid when people applauded when Peter punched Mary Jane. Ugh.

But anyway, when the movie ended, people applauded. I guess most of them enjoyed it.

I had a great audience that helped add to the experience to the midnight showing I went to. People cheered and laughed when the usher came to announce that the movie was going to start. None of the people at the showing went to were dressed like Spider-Man, but quite a few were wearing Spider-Man shirts.

The crowd I went to laughed and cheered in the right places -- particularly the emo Peter dance moves, the Jazz Club scene (well, I thought it was meant to be both hilarious and sobering) and the JJ Jameson scenes. A couple of people gasped when Peter hit MJ and/or when MJ kissed Harry.

But when the credits rolled, people applauded -- the majority of the people enjoyed it, but some of them didn't. But when me and my friends walked out to the lobby (there were 3 additional auditoriums in my theater that had the midnight showing as well) where people were discussing their thoughts on the movie, some *****ebag yelled out "SUCKED!" for everyone else to hear.

I was livid and for a moment, I wanted to find the guy and punch his lights out. But otherwise the audience experience I had was great.

There was loud cheers at the end in theater i went to i murfreesboro tennessee. Everybody loved it

Laughs at the pills scene with Jameson, and in the Bruce Campbell's cameo.

Clapped hands at the end.

D!

Everyone laughed at the bridge scene, Peter being emo with Emo-Hair, the awful awful Eddie Brock introduction...

this kid sitting in front of me would never stop talking ..... he just kept yelling . whenever venom roared and stuff , he would yell " SHUT UP !!" it was irritating... i'm surprised his parents didn't beat him up after the friggin' movie ....

really no applause at my theater , once the credits started rolling everyone got out of their seats and ran out immeadiately .... i can't tell whether they loved it or hated it....

The theater was packed where we went. Losts of clapping and cheering at the end. Everyone boo'ed when MJ kissed Harry, cheered when Peter pulled out his Spidey outfit before heading for the final battle and laughed at the funny parts.

I went to the Uptown theater in Washington D.C. for the midnight showing. It was PACKED.

As for the reaction, I think that some loved it, and some hated it. Some of the reactions really ruined some of it for me, though. I was livid when people applauded when Peter punched Mary Jane. Ugh.

But anyway, when the movie ended, people applauded. I guess most of them enjoyed it.

I was there last night too.
I was not digging the guy sitting next to me. :cmad::down

*Seats 850 and it was sold out. I sat in line around 8 p.m. :o had my fold up chair and telly,wore my Venom hoodie.:venom: I need to be comfortable.
There was one guy dressed as Spidey and he was the first in line and of course very popular. :p

I saw it at the AMC on 42nd St in NYC. There was a woman outside the theater handing out flyers and wearing a "Jesus Loves Spiderman" t-shirt.

I have no idea how many screens it was on, but every show through 1am was completely sold out. The theater was mostly full about 40 minutes before the movie started, and one guy walked in and yelled "S***!!" when he saw the crowd.

The audience went beserk at the Harry Potter trailer, more than for POTC, which surprised me (although Harry looks awesome). Rescue Dawn got applause just for the hell of it, I think...and some guy yelled "RENTAL!!" Bourne Ultimatum got some applause, and boos for some inexplicable reason. Across The Universe got a lot of boos, and which angered the Beatles fans in the audience who started angrily cheering back.

There was a lot of goofing around...I wasn't cool with people cheering when Peter smacked MJ. Was Harry's death supposed to be funny? I thought it was sad. And it's not like Peter fell to the ground sobbing like a girl.

But besides that, it was a good crowd. Lots of wild cheering at the end, so I think a lot of people liked it. :woot:

And look who I found in Times Square after the movie! :wow:

spidey2.jpg

He looks lonely. :csad:
I should've been there to give him a little company. :meow:

Did we go to the same theater? Because that is what EXACTLY happened at my theater, "****E!" part included! Weird.

I too heard the "****e" uttered during that part. I think that must've happend at a LOT of screenings.

I've seen the film twice now. The first was a midnight where it was playing on(i believe) six screens. Someone brought a beachball and we all tossed that around for a solid 10 minutes before it was popped. Audience was extremely pumped.

biggest reactions:
-Bruce Campbell. Very well received.
-1st app. of Emo Peter got some groans. The hair was just silly.
-Harry and Peter's fight in the mansion, especially the conclusion of it with the pumpkin bomb. Most of my audience thought harry was dead right there!
-Harry/MJ kiss got a LOT of booing and "****e", "****" and all that.
-THe symbiote belltower scene had some loud whispering.
-Disco Peter and club jazz Peter was a super loud but super mixed reaction of horror, laughter, and complete what the f**kness.

2nd time I saw it, it was today with more of a casual cloud. They were into the Campbell scene and they seemed more pumped about Venom. Disco Peter and Club Jazz Peter had the same reaction as the midnight.

I too am expecting huge opening with lare dropoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"