Crowd Reports

I hit the first show of the day, 11:30 AM. It was less than a quarter full, I'd say, but then most folks were probably at work. :)

My crowd was into all of it. All the spots where a crowd where suppose to cheer, laughing, be in awe...all of it, they went for.

It probably made the viewing experience even better. Not to mention nice surround sound speakers, stadium seating and a big screen to watch it on.

I saw it at 7:30 in NJ. It was sold out or close to it. They had 23 showings today, so I don't think anyone had a problem getting into a show.

Someone brought a baby, who proceeded to screech for most of the film. :dry:

Crowd was really into it, and they applauded at the end. Not many stayed for the scene after the credits, but the ones who did definitely were hoping to get the Deadpool ending...we got the Japan ending. A lot of them didn't get it, one guy walked out shouting "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS IN CHINA?!"

I loved the movie, I think my 59-year-old father turned into a Gambit fanboy tonight. I will totally be seeing it again. :up:

^ :hehe: Re: the China bit.

The midnight showing at my theater was almost filled to capacity. The crowd reactions generally seemed favorable towards it.

This was what happened in my theatre as well (Coquitlam, near Vancouver).

A lot of cheers from the Canadian crowd everytime Logan mentions he's Canadian! LOL

Plus ppl were noticing Vancouer filming locations in the movie.

I just love watching a movie with a very reactive crowd. Definitely makes the experience a lot better.

...and I actually quite liked the movies... :wow:

^ :hehe: Re: the China bit.

Did you ever notice the loudest guy in the theater is usually the dumbest one in the theater as well??

...and I actually quite liked the movies... :wow:

Me too! I'm like the happiest person in the world right now (and that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm drinking a Slurpee out of a 7-11 Gambit cup right now at 12:30am). I really thought was I going to be disappointed and I wasn't disappointed at all. :yay:

Did you ever notice the loudest guy in the theater is usually the dumbest one in the theater as well??

Well it makes sense...if he were smart he would have kept that info to himself! :p

Me too! I'm like the happiest person in the world right now (and that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm drinking a Slurpee out of a 7-11 Gambit cup right now at 12:30am). I really thought was I going to be disappointed and I wasn't disappointed at all. :yay:

I actually really thought i was gonna hate it. Even the Blob scene i thought was gonna be horrendous. I just think i lowered my expectations just enough that I actually enjoyed watching the movie. Plus it helped that I really didnt watch a lot of the promo material/clips.

I'd be happier if people liked it too. :(

Well it makes sense...if he were smart he would have kept that info to himself! :p

I actually really thought i was gonna hate it. Even the Blob scene i thought was gonna be horrendous. I just think i lowered my expectations just enough that I actually enjoyed watching the movie. Plus it helped that I really didnt watch a lot of the promo material/clips.

I'd be happier if people liked it too. :(

I really liked it!
In fact, I saw it twice in one day

My midnight show had a packed crowd last night. When the movie ended nobody clapped or cheered an 80% of the crowd stayed for after the credits and after the scene ended you could tell people were unhappy.

. . . China? :lmao:

I'm going to have to watch it again. I almost always hate the first viewing of movies that I've been anticipating for a long time (I hated all three of the LOTR films my first time I saw them, but saw them the next day and from then on they've been my favorite movies ever).

I'll have to go again.

I usually like films the first time I see them and hate them later. Probably because I spent the money on the ticket and I don't want to feel its a waste. It's only like the day after do I realize I really dislike a movie. When I first saw X3 I was just like "Well, that was...okay." When I looked back on it, I liked it less and less. Same thing happened with this film actually.

My midnight show had a packed crowd last night. When the movie ended nobody clapped or cheered an 80% of the crowd stayed for after the credits and after the scene ended you could tell people were unhappy.

That was a poorly conceived scene. It just looked like their Japan set was filmed in Brett Ratner's mansion...

:csad:

:D

They should have had a "wise older man" as the bartender. As it was it just looked like Wolvie went to Japan two weeks ago.

there were 5 screens showing it tonight and all of them were completely sold out for the night, my theatre was packed

I'm not going to speak for the whole audience, but there was an extremely large, vocal contingent of unhappy customers milling about the lobby after the gong-show had ended.

Whats funny is that people didnt like X3, yet were thrilled that it made enough for a sequel. Now they hate the new movie but are hoping it makes enough for a Deadpool film.

Itd be funny if it wasnt so pathetic. f you want good films, stop buying tickets to bad ones.

Some friends and I are going to see Wolverine again on Sunday, and once again buying Watchmen tickets and sneaking in.

we got the Japan ending. A lot of them didn't get it, one guy walked out shouting "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS IN CHINA?!"

At the very end, we were only 5 in the theater (here in France) and I heard some guy behind saying to his pals "So you see, this is the bar where he does the cage-fighting in X1 !"
I couldn't help but tell him "This was Japan !" :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"