Sequels New Raimi Interview

Hey, am I the only one who'd like Joe Dante to direct Spider-Man 4? I mean, he's a great filmmaker, very underrated.

I didn't find LOTR boring, I found it great. Which is why I would want P.J. to direct a Spidey film. Although I wouldn't mind Ridley Scott or Fincher either.

Fincher means he would kill off all the characters we love. :oldrazz:

and Raimi hasn't??

This film needs a much more capable director and a screen writer who actually knows the world and mythology of spider-man. I may get chastised for this but quite frankly, I couldn't care less. I'd be more than happy, in fact, I'd be as giddy as a blushing hentai school girl if the Wachowski brothers directed a spidey movie.

Oh my God, the Wachowski Bros. Since Matrix Reloaded, Hollywood's greatest and most overrated hacks!

Oh my God, the Wachowski Bros. Since Matrix Reloaded, Hollywood's greatest and most overrated hacks!

Overrated, why? Despite the matrix sequals turning into some pretentious what is real and what isn't real psycho-babble, the films themselves were brilliantly directed and actually hold up in terms of photog-quality even surpassing all 3 spidey movies. Hell, at first I was going to say I didn't want them writing a spidey script but then I remembered that these guys are into comics and they know more about the comics media than Raimi and everyone else who contributed to working and directing the scripts and the spidey movies. Face it, I know, many people will be leaping for joy if it were announced that the Wbros were to direct a spidey movie.

Overrated, why? Despite the matrix sequals turning into some pretentious what is real and what isn't real psycho-babble, the films themselves were brilliantly directed and actually hold up in terms of photog-quality even surpassing all 3 spidey movies. Hell, at first I was going to say I didn't want them writing a spidey script but then I remembered that these guys are into comics and they know more about the comics media than Raimi and everyone else who contributed to working and directing the scripts and the spidey movies. Face it, I know, many people will be leaping for joy if it were announced that the Wbros were to direct a spidey movie.

The Matrix sequels are pretentious and boring as hell. The directing is nothing else than pretentious and "oh, so cool" cyberpunk-CGI-crap. Brilliantly directed. Yeah, right. Regarding the photography, they were lucky to have Bill Pope (who by the way did Spider-Man 2 and 3 aswell) on board, even though they kinda screwed up with that one aswell. In fact the special edition DVD of the first Matrix has new colors, for it 2 be more in line with the sequel, which sucks, 'cos they screwed up the first film's sick cinematography. And let's not talk about Speed Racer, looks like a turd-fest. No, I would kill Amy Pascal if she would even think of hiring the Wachowskis.

God no. They were complete and utter trash, most especially Revolutions.

I love the Wachowskis, and they'd suit Spider-Man because they've always explored superhero themes of identity, society, and maturity.

Who recommended David Fincher? You do know he wanted to skip the origin story right?

Who recommended David Fincher? You do know he wanted to skip the origin story right?

No, he wanted to take the Burton/Nolan approach and show the origin through flashbacks. In any case, is it really important to go over the origin in Spider-Man 4? :oldrazz:

Actually Fincher wanted to do the origin in the opening. Then just adapt the death of Gwen Stacy.

You might need to reference the origin though. You never know if Spidey 4 will suffer from a decade-long development like the first film (Cameron was planning to make it his next film until he visited the Titanic's hull and wrote the script for that instead).

To say that the W-bros would be horrible for directing a spidey movie would just be plain ignorant. At least those guys actually have the balls to be bold enough to try something new, original and have a perfect handle of telling a story about a hero, his destiny and of course his love story without the latter being paramount over everything else going on. Also, agent smith was a far more interesting and badass villain than any of the villains Raimi brought to lifeAnd these guys actually know when and how to use CG unlike Raimi who wastes it on crap like spidey jumping 1ft in the air onto a window ledge. Fact is, if Raimi had the opportunity to direct these spidey movies, it only stands to reason that the W-bros would do a much better job by default. As for speed racer, I havn't seen the trailer and I have no interest in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"