Sequels Sam Raimi Wants Morbius in Spider-Man 4

Would have been nice if Morbius showed up in Blade II.

Yeah, I agree on that.

Blade II kinda sucked. It should've had Morbius as the main villain and a different story!

see, now, (though, I know he has made appearance in the blades comics,...) I just don't think of him as being a good Blade villain, mainly because of his scientific based origin

blade kills vampires...
your normal vampire, the evil, undead, bloodsucking, scum,...
they should of been dead, anyway, so, the kills are somewhat justified

but, Morbius is a living vampire (who could possibly be cured) killing him isn't as just

He does have a certain sympathetic factor, (if you play up that angle) that does seem to be a reoccurring theme with spidey's villains
(not that I am saying want need another sympathetic villain, but, it makes him a better fit for spider-man, more, so, then with blade)

I would be more than delighted if Morbius is the villain for Spidey 4!!:up: He's one of my favorite anti-villains, and he's definately Sam Raimi material. Get Gerard Butler for this!!

Butler played a vampire in Dracula 2000. I suppose I would have to hold judgement and see if the film was any good before I say it was a bad idea. But personally I would much rather see some others, just because some of my favorites haven't been used yet. No other reason than that.

The Sinister Six in film 6 would be awesome, since no one asked.
And I know some people think they can't be done since Ock wont be around to lead them, or form them. But that shouldn't stop the film from using the idea of Six of Spider-man's greatest foes teaming up to take him down all at the same time.
The film has its own continuity anyway.

Butler played a vampire in Dracula 2000. I suppose I would have to hold judgement and see if the film was any good before I say it was a bad idea.

The film was not very good, but Butler does give a decent performance as Dracula with what he has. I thought he was an excellent Phantom of The Opera.

Last edited:
Whoever the actor would be, given Morbius is in S-M4, he'd have to be capable of striking the constant conflict that is within the character. The character can despair of what he is, but he also has that ruthless streak. You actually have no idea of what Morbius will do when he comes across a potential victim; let them go or feed his hunger.

Did anyone look at my morbius sketches? They're not the best drawings but I mainly wanted to show the wing design. I'd like morbius if he was done in this way. It doesnt make sense that he inherits the ability to levitate from bat dna.

I want him to be sickly, and frightened... but also a vicious monster. Maybe at first you feel sorry for him but then he goes full bad.
Id like him to have the european accent and speak in technical terms (since he's a scientist). Monstrous things that are calculative and smart frighten me.

And I dont see morbius as a traditional vampire. Vampires are based in spirituality and the occult... Morbius has a condition, he's been infected with a bat dna mutagen. Altering his genes from the inside.

I imagine him as really creepy, like the fly or the penguin from batman returns.

and a bit of Nomak I guess...

And Morbius should inherit some sonar abilities. It'd make him a match for Spidey's spider-sense.

The choice of Morbius would officially be the death knell of Raimi and the franchise. People want redemption in this script and film, channeling bloodsuckers won't do that.

Get ready to see "Sam Raimi has officially sucked the Spiderman saga dry," if he goes this route.

Was Morbius the death of the spider-man cartoon/comics?

Maybe Sam Raimi isnt capable of delivering, but I think its possible to make a movie with morbius that's better than all 3 existing spiderman films.

I mean, Raimi might not be able to make a good morbius movie, but someone else may.

If done WELL, I think a spidey movie with morbius could be better than all the previous ones.

I say keep Morbius out of the Spider-Man franchise. As cool as he is, I don't find him that appealing for a movie.

I think Vampire in a Spiderman film isn't a good sign. I gotta say if Morbius in confirmed , I'm probably not gonna pay money to see it .Then again, I don't think I'm the audience Raimi is targeting anymore . If Raimi wants Morbuis , then it'll most likely happen. He's a proven money maker so I doubt they'll reign him in too much. I still like the first two films so it won't the end of the world for me.

I mean, Raimi might not be able to make a good morbius movie, but someone else may.

If done WELL, I think a spidey movie with morbius could be better than all the previous ones.
Sam has always been great with horror. For instance, the Evil Dead films, very popular, scary, suspensful, and even funny. Sam's new film, "Drag me To Hell" has been reviewed greatly, so I really have faith in Sam with Morbius.

Very true, his first and foremost passion is horror. Though I would prefer Morbius to stay out of the films, he could do him well.

Well I wouldve thought venom was right up his alley... but yeh he seemed to really rush the character. Evil dead wasnt scary...

Joseph Gordon Levitt would be a great Morbius for the Raimi-verse Spider-Man...
Think about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"