Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS) Where do we go from now?

Easier said than done. It's almost like the Russo's creative team went out of there way to throw a wrench in every other Marvel extended project.

Hydra infiltration of Shield couldn't have made things easy for the AoS team (Although it actually helped the show) I remember Joss Whedon alluded at being quite pissed off at the Hydra twist as it contradicts Shields presence in AoU.

Then they dust half the universe. Ok we'll find a way to write around tha...aaand there back.....FIVE years later lol I think that was the breaking point.

Keep in mind these stories need to be written months in advance. Then they need to invest in the pre-production. It's not an easy task.

Feige oversees the mcu and has to ok everything so it fits. The tv he doesn't care about, nothing to do with him.

His pig-headedness with regard to the rest of the MCU actually makes me look forward to a time when he's no longer in charge. Some of the shows have surpassed the movies in many respects, for the good of the franchise they deserve a seat at the table.

His pig-headedness with regard to the rest of the MCU actually makes me look forward to a time when he's no longer in charge. Some of the shows have surpassed the movies in many respects, for the good of the franchise they deserve a seat at the table.

There is no "rest of the MCU"...not anymore..unless Runaways and Cloak and Dagger will exist in the post-snap world...or jump ahead 5 years.

Does Runaways and Cloak and Dagger mention any dates? Runaways S1 and S2 are days apart and C&D S2 takes place 8 months after S1.

It's not out of the realm of possibilites that these shows take place in like 2015/16ish?

The mcu is and has always been the films. It will be the disney plus stuff to. The tv stuff was just trying to hang on the coat tails.

Since AOS is now out of continuity with the MCU, is Coulson actually dead as far as the films are concerned? Did he die in the Avengers and never came back and hasn't been running around all this time?

Is AOS simply another timeline where they brought him back?

Since AOS is now out of continuity with the MCU, is Coulson actually dead as far as the films are concerned? Did he die in the Avengers and never came back and hasn't been running around all this time?

Is AOS simply another timeline where they brought him back?

Didn't joss say that he was dead as far as the films were concerned?

So Sif who interacted with Coulson in one season of AOS is not the same Sif from the films but from a different timeline? And the same with Nick Fury?

I preferred to think of the whole of AOS as Coulson's dying imagination as he breathed his last and they were trying to save him. But they already played that card either last season or the one before, and negated that possibility.

The mcu is and has always been the films. It will be the disney plus stuff to. The tv stuff was just trying to hang on the coat tails.

The MCU is controlled by Disney. Disney say the TV series are part of the MCU. The TV series are part of the MCU. These are statements of fact. One of their senior employees not liking these facts is unfortunate, and a detriment to the franchise as a whole.

There is no "rest of the MCU"...not anymore..unless Runaways and Cloak and Dagger will exist in the post-snap world...or jump ahead 5 years.

All of the current TV series are set before the snap.

So Sif who interacted with Coulson in one season of AOS is not the same Sif from the films but from a different timeline? And the same with Nick Fury?

I preferred to think of the whole of AOS as Coulson's dying imagination as he breathed his last and they were trying to save him. But they already played that card either last season or the one before, and negated that possibility.
It was a shock when St. Elsewhere ended on a similar note, now it is derivative

The MCU is controlled by Disney. Disney say the TV series are part of the MCU. The TV series are part of the MCU. These are statements of fact. One of their senior employees not liking these facts is unfortunate, and a detriment to the franchise as a whole.

Last season of AoS ended as Thanos attacked Earth. This season takes place a year later. Is the argument that the fight with Thanos in Wakanda lasts over a year?

Here's the thing...I think it would be VERY cool to examine the world during the snap. What is that world like...what kind of immediate chaos would you have to fix. And then...maybe after a season of that...you start the next season with the main villain from the previous season suddenly being alive again...maybe a character whose spouse dusted has fallen in love and married someone else...and now their spouse is undusted....what would that be like? It could be really interesting tv. But...nope.

Last season of AoS ended as Thanos attacked Earth. [...]

I'm sure that is what the writers intended at the time. They've had to retcon/headcanon their way out of it though. It's a shame because it requires the Confederacy to have been lying and the events in New York to have been something else (or some yet-to-be-revealed time/reality ****ery) but Jeph Loeb and the showrunners have been quite clear about this all happening pre-snap.

Think as feige is concerened too. Which means the films.
Whedon said it specifically when Age of Ultron came out. Feige said Agents of SHIELD would fill in the details of Age of Ultron regarding Nick Fury's story. So, if we're going by interviews, Feige was not agreeing with Whedon at the time.

I had a thought: maybe AoS was an alternate reality all along and it will end with the protagonists stuck in the MCU proper.
That way there would be no inconsistencies and the movies would be justified in not ever referencing them.

Full disclaimer: while this would be a way to have their cake and eat it too, I am not suggesting this as a good cop out. I would almost hate it, but I think it is possible and not unreasonable.

The mcu split as a company from marvel because perlmutter and feige couldn't get along. Feige answers now only to alan horn and bob iger. He has no responsibilty towards the tv side. His job is to make films.

The mcu split as a company from marvel because perlmutter and feige couldn't get along. Feige answers now only to alan horn and bob iger. He has no responsibilty towards the tv side. His job is to make films.

The MCU has never been a company. It's a franchise with content made for it both by Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment as subsidiaries of The Walt Disney Company. They are not entirely separate in their workings. We know for example that Marvel Studios brief the relevant people at Marvel Television about the movies months in advance, and work with them so they know which characters they can introduce and ones they cannot.

As for feige being a detriment? You must be smoking some good stuff. Lol

Did I say Feige was a detriment on the whole? I don't believe I did. What I did say was that his attitude towards the rest of the MCU is a detriment to it, which I believe it is. The franchise would only benefit from a more seamless relationship between the movies and the shows.

That doesn't really work for Agents Of SHIELD S06 though...

Thanos' forces are mentioned late in S05 and there wouldn't be time between then and the snap for even the first few episodes of S06 to have taken place would there?

I'm hoping Spider-Man: Far FRom Home is going to give us a better reset than Avengers: Endgame did because it's made things messy ..... not quite X-Men franchise level messy, but messy nonetheless

I'm hoping Spider-Man: Far FRom Home is going to give us a better reset than Avengers: Endgame did because it's made things messy ..... not quite X-Men franchise level messy, but messy nonetheless
It's made up by the fact that they introduced a plot device that allows them to do whatever they want with zero repercussions.

That doesn't really work for Agents Of SHIELD S06 though...

Thanos' forces are mentioned late in S05 and there wouldn't be time between then and the snap for even the first few episodes of S06 to have taken place would there?

Honestly, the easiest way to reconcile at this point is to ignore the references to Thanos. I'm hoping we can just say this is post-snap and nobody is referencing it, but we'll see.

That even though the Confederation was expecting Thanos the attack in New York made reference to was not the attack on Dr Strange? Seems to be the story.That still leaves a new Big S.H.I.E.L.D, because of Chicago and that is an even tougher tie in to the rest of the MCU.

Yeah, there was a reference to the crazy things happening in New York. It's vague enough to mean anything.

SHIELD's size (which, imo, isn't anywhere near as big as it was pre-TWS and is probably not any large than plenty of existing government agencies I've never seen in person) is not a new issue for this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"