Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS) Where do we go from now?

That doesn't really work for Agents Of SHIELD S06 though...

I know. It's stupid. It requires some serious mental gymnastics in order to make it work... but that's what Loeb and the showrunners have settled on.

With the reintroduction of the monoliths and second possible stable or story following time loop they can punch into Endgame outcome at anytime. But most intriguingly into the 5 year, I guess now 4 year gap. Of course a Black Widow movie or Spider-Man can just as easily undo anyhting done.

Since AOS is now out of continuity with the MCU, is Coulson actually dead as far as the films are concerned? Did he die in the Avengers and never came back and hasn't been running around all this time?

Is AOS simply another timeline where they brought him back?
Fury said some friends retrofitted the Battle of New York damaged helocarrier that was used in Sokovia for him. The Agents of SHIELD claims those friends were Coulson lead technicians while the team on the show was fighting their Hydra counterparts. Joss Whedon in his film, maybe or maybe not under Disney orders, did nothing to contradict the AoS version, he just left the question open

I'm leaning towards the idea there'll be a time-travel reset in S6 that might even take us back to the end of S4 and undo Enoch taking them to the future.

I'm leaning towards the idea there'll be a time-travel reset in S6 that might even take us back to the end of S4 and undo Enoch taking them to the future.

They'd better do this in order to even salvage anything. I've stopped watching, this might get me to return.

That would mean the entire last season and this season has been for nothing.

Time travel has been in play before the time stone or quantum tunnel methods from Endgame, but time travel via monolith hasn't reset everything as seen with Deke and Flint working to piece together space dust into a globe.

I would prefer just saying the weird things in New York before the battle in Chicago wasn't the raid to grab the time stone and like the other TV shows are just set somewhere in time after the Battle of New York season 5 existing in sometime after Civil War and the Sokovian Accords. As it was before the one year jump after Coulson's death about the only passage of time that I can remember as seasons pick right up was Fitz's 6 months in USAF detention before Hunter broke him out.

Well after Davis mentioned 2019, only time travel can fix the continuity now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"