• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Falcon and Winter Soldier Baron Z E M O - He's back for more vengeance?

If Zemo assembled the Thunderbolts, would they all go to a club to dance?

Why not? We saw DC’s version of the Thunderbolts dancing in the club in their new trailer. Marvel’s version should get to do the same.

Also, that extended clip of Zemo just kills me. Dude might be a dangerous supervillain but he’s also that awkward guy at the club that no one wants to dance with (i.e., me in my early 20s).

Why not? We saw DC’s version of the Thunderbolts dancing in the club in their new trailer. Marvel’s version should get to do the same.

Also, that extended clip of Zemo just kills me. Dude might be a dangerous supervillain but he’s also that awkward guy at the club that no one wants to dance with (i.e., me in my early 20s).

Dude's spent his adult life in a commando death squad of an Eastern European failed state, and then the last few years in prison. This is probably the most he's gotten out on the town, like....ever.

If there were an upcoming battle, would Zemo spend the night before clubbing or planning?

I was just thinking: since Zemo is a member of the Sokovian royal family, wouldn't Wanda know who he is?

It's a shame that Tony kept her confined to the Avengers compound in CW because if she had been brought to the Task Force HQ in Berlin she might have recognised him when he was interrogating Bucky and alerted the Avengers that he wasn't a real psychiatrist.

Also, I would love an interaction between Wanda and Zemo at some point. They both lost their entire respective families, which led both of them to seek revenge in destructive ways (although at least Wanda gave up on that eventually). It would be interesting to see Zemo react to one of his compatriots being a member of the hated Avengers. Would he see her as a traitor?

I certainly think he'd view her as too dangerous to live, especially when he finds out what she did to a small town in New Jersey...

Ask and you shall receive :funny:

(I didn't make this, I'm just glad it exists.)

tenor.gif

I was just thinking: since Zemo is a member of the Sokovian royal family, wouldn't Wanda know who he is?

It's a shame that Tony kept her confined to the Avengers compound in CW because if she had been brought to the Task Force HQ in Berlin she might have recognised him when he was interrogating Bucky and alerted the Avengers that he wasn't a real psychiatrist.

Also, I would love an interaction between Wanda and Zemo at some point. They both lost their entire respective families, which led both of them to seek revenge in destructive ways (although at least Wanda gave up on that eventually). It would be interesting to see Zemo react to one of his compatriots being a member of the hated Avengers. Would he see her as a traitor?

I certainly think he'd view her as too dangerous to live, especially when he finds out what she did to a small town in New Jersey...

Eh, not necessarily. There's real life members of, say, the British royal family who aren't nearly as well-known or recognizable to the general public as the "main" ones like Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, William and Harry. And the Windsors in general are more public and more "celebrities" than a lot of other European royals.

I do think an interaction between Wanda and Zemo could be interesting though. They both lost their families, and they both blamed Tony Stark (Zemo not only Tony, but definitely including Tony).

I agree, if he sees super-soldiers as too dangerous to be allowed to live, God only knows what he'd make of Wanda who is far more powerful than someone like Bucky could ever be.

*cough* It could be different in a microstate like Sokovia, but barons are not actually high nobility closely related to the monarchy. They are closer to the bottom, the lowest nobility to have other nobles owing fealty beneath them. Hence the origin of the term "robber baron": nobility low and poor enough to want to engage in brigandage ( and not powerful enough to have said banditry be sanctified as warfare, ahem ).

*cough* It could be different in a microstate like Sokovia, but barons are not actually high nobility closely related to the monarchy. They are closer to the bottom, the lowest nobility to have other nobles owing fealty beneath them. Hence the origin of the term "robber baron": nobility low and poor enough to want to engage in brigandage ( and not powerful enough to have said banditry be sanctified as warfare, ahem ).

I know Barons are lower nobility, but Zemo also specifically said his family was royalty.

Unless the writers just don’t know the difference.

I know Barons are lower nobility, but Zemo also specifically said his family was royalty.

I think that's the most likely answer. Feudal titles like these are so archaic (and alien to Americans in particular) that the writers probably just thought it wouldn't matter if they made Zemo a baron like in the comics and at the same time a member of the Sokovian royal family.

Evidently, Bruhl improvised the dancing scene. :dry: Why?

Regardless, I liked that Zemo escaped at the end of eppy 4. It gives me hope that he might still have some sort of plan.

I think that's the most likely answer. Feudal titles like these are so archaic (and alien to Americans in particular) that the writers probably just thought it wouldn't matter if they made Zemo a baron like in the comics and at the same time a member of the Sokovian royal family.

I suppose if we really wanted to headcanon it away to ourselves, we could say he’s extended family that’s not part of the “main” royal family but related to them in some six degrees of separation cousin twice removed or whatever, and/or Zemo’s “royalty” comment was just exaggerating how aristocratic he is.

I mean, it could mean several things. It could be the writers forgetting the difference. It could be that Sokovia is different because its a microstate and "Baron" is as high as you got before you reached the actual ruling prince. It could be that Zemo was speaking metaphorically, to their wealth and influence rather than literal title. It could be Zemo is *lying* to Sam and Bucky.

Evidently, Bruhl improvised the dancing scene. :dry: Why?

Regardless, I liked that Zemo escaped at the end of eppy 4. It gives me hope that he might still have some sort of plan.
I agree. Baron Zemo is a villain through and through. I think he's been "friendly" enough to this point. Let's see the villain come out!

I agree. Baron Zemo is a villain through and through. I think he's been "friendly" enough to this point. Let's see the villain come out!

I wouldn't have had a problem with Zemo becoming a more complex character like we saw in Born Better, but the foundation for that was never established. I want to see the Zemo who tried to boil Captain America in Adhesive X. I thought I saw a glimmer of that when he first saw his mask in this series. I hope the writers have something memorable in mind.

Zemo has stolen every scene he is in. I didn’t foresee him becoming the star of the show but that’s where I am right now​

After seeing this interview with Stan and Mackie talking about Bruhl, I completely understand why Bruhl would improvise that.

he also reportedly improvised the chin stroke on Bucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"