Falcon and Winter Soldier Baron Z E M O - He's back for more vengeance?

He was upside down and his body was outside the water while water drips slowly into his nose and than in his mouth. This could‘ve been out of a SAW movie.
Cutting off the head is gross, but it’s over in a few seconds. This guy probably died for 10min.

He was upside down and his body was outside the water while water drips slowly into his nose and than in his mouth. This could‘ve been out of a SAW movie.
Cutting off the head is gross, but it’s over in a few seconds. This guy probably died for 10min.

Doubtful. But this is a weird conversation anyways. Aren't you the one who implied Zemo is a racist? I think you have completely mischaracterized him.

Zemo strung him up that way on purpose initially because he was trying to scare/torture him into talking. Zemo even admits he'd prefer not to have to resort to more extreme methods (like bombing the UN to flush Bucky out of hiding to get the mission report from Bucky directly that he was trying to get from Karpov). Then when Karpov refused, he just left him there.

Like I said, it's a cruel way to kill someone, but "most disgusting death in the MCU"? John Walker just splattered someone's blood all over Captain America's shield and Loki gouged someone's eyeball out in the first Avengers, so getting hung up on that is a little weird, especially when those were both less deserving of a bad death than Karpov was (the guy in The Avengers was a total innocent bystander).

Wow now I better go home and cry in my pillow..You shouldn‘t have continued that conversation, if you felt it was weird in the first place. But it seems you hate loosing it...
btw I like Zemo

Whoever thought it was a great idea to put a devious **** like Zemo in a prison filled with other supervillains obviously never watched Con Air.

Speaking of which, I think this latest episode helps answer the question "Could Zemo work alongside the Thunderbolts?"

The answer is "Yes, Zemo absolutely could. He's not some mindless super-killing fanatic". I mean, he never was, he's always been very rational about his goals and beliefs, but his scene at the end with Bucky kind of solidifies it. Zemo doesn't like the *idea* of The Superman, but he's perfectly capable of both pragmatic cooperation, and making a personalized decision that this *particular* superman is actually a reasonable person he can deal with.

Also, something else I like about him: Unlike a whole lot of villains, who are righteously angry that someone might dare to try to stop them? Zemo seems to entirely understand and accept that people are going to try and stop, or even kill, him, and that there is no injustice to this. He's at war with others on various levels, and that means the other side is going to shoot back, and that is reasonable and expected. He will fight back as appropriate, maybe even kill them, but hes not going to whine about it.

Wow now I better go home and cry in my pillow..You shouldn‘t have continued that conversation, if you felt it was weird in the first place. But it seems you hate loosing it...
btw I like Zemo

I hate loosing it?

I don't know what you're talking about anymore.

Synchronised swimmers are upside down underwater all the time and risk drowning themselves that way, so that Hydra agent was no big deal either. :o

Didn't Ghost get away? We don't know if she was ever apprehended, do we?

Yeah, she and Dr Foster were in the wind as of the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp. Its certainly *possible* that one or both could be in jail years later, but if so it happened entirely off-screen.

After seeing Zemo in this, I am of the belief that if he makes it to Avengers 5, he's going to align himself with the Avengers, although reluctantly.

After seeing Zemo in this, I am of the belief that if he makes it to Avengers 5, he's going to align himself with the Avengers, although reluctantly.
Please no. Can't villains, especially classic villains, just be villains?

Please no. Can't villains, especially classic villains, just be villains?

We're 5 episodes in, and I've pretty much lost hope. The writers set us up after Zemo was broken out of prison. He mentioned his fortune, put on his mask, and he was executing people. I thought the transition was coming. Instead, we got a clubbing clown who didn't even make a move to defend himself when Bucky held a gun to his face. There is so much going down with other characters on the show, most of whom are done correctly, that I doubt we see much of Zemo in the finale, if at all. If he's not going to be given anything in-character to do, that's just as well. The MCU might as well move on.

I highly doubt we've seen the last of Zemo. If anything, they're probably setting up the Thunderbolts.

We're 5 episodes in, and I've pretty much lost hope. The writers set us up after Zemo was broken out of prison. He mentioned his fortune, put on his mask, and he was executing people. I thought the transition was coming. Instead, we got a clubbing clown who didn't even make a move to defend himself when Bucky held a gun to his face. There is so much going down with other characters on the show, most of whom are done correctly, that I doubt we see much of Zemo in the finale, if at all. If he's not going to be given anything in-character to do, that's just as well. The MCU might as well move on.
Regarding the bolded, considering that this was a guy who tried to commit suicide at the end of Civil War (and it was only T'Challa's quick reflexes and vibranium glove that stopped the bullet from going into his head), him not flinching, being fully prepared for Bucky to kill him (especially after how he treated Bucky both as a means to an end in Civil War as well as his prodding of him in the series) did not surprise me at all.

And, even if we don't see him in the finale, as @Schlosser85 said, I doubt this is the last we see him in the MCU

Once again, Helmut Zemo exists in a weird morally ambiguous state of almost-antivillainy *in the comics*. That has been his status quo for like 20 years. It really shouldn't be a surprise that Zemo in the MCU isn't "Mwahaha, I would sooner die than cooperate with a costumed do-gooder! Now, to find a puppy to kick and a nun to set on fire!"

Once again, Helmut Zemo exists in a weird morally ambiguous state of almost-antivillainy *in the comics*. That has been his status quo for like 20 years. It really shouldn't be a surprise that Zemo in the MCU isn't "Mwahaha, I would sooner die than cooperate with a costumed do-gooder! Now, to find a puppy to kick and a nun to set on fire!"

No-one would respect him in the nightclubs if he did that.

Regarding the bolded, considering that this was a guy who tried to commit suicide at the end of Civil War

Yes, it was an unfortunate callback to that eye-rolling moment. That's the problem with starting "Zemo" out as a Joe Schmoe Sokovian instead of a fanantical genius. He didn't necessarily have to be from Germany, but it's essential to the character to be a rigid idealist, at least at first, rather than a soldier reacting to the death of his family. That storyline has been the "gift" that keeps on giving, which is why so much damage control was required before this series started. Not nearly enough has been done. Why in the world would anyone want to see this guy lead a team like the Masters of Evil? He can't even manage his own emotions.

I LOVE ZEMO!

He's been a favorite since Civil War, and only moreso now. I wish he'd been given more to do in the finale. But man-alive... what a phenomenal character.

When the Dora Milaje took him, I immdediately thought they might have Zemo be the one to end T'Challa's reign. :(

7ebbdb60cf5e111794e088d4e73b24cc.jpg

But since he's sittin in the raft, I suppose that might not happen. We better see The Thunderbolts or Masters of Evil though!

Not a hero, not a villain, not a anti-hero... maybe an anti-villain? Hahaha. Oh man. Such charisma this man needs to lead his own series or movie. And the meme potential is endless.

164ba50d3eda726380f9f2e4b9c0b2cf3c0bf47a.jpg

Zemo_door.png

zemo-dance.gif

Last edited:
...so they really did it. They teased that mask at SDCC2019 and...he had only one scene in that mask
huge disappointment

And we never even found out what its significance was. Why does Zemo have a purple mask? Does he just like the colour?

He did get his goal of ending super-powered individuals.

Well Isaiah, Walker, and Bucky are still out there... He may not be satisfied with that.

And we never even found out what its significance was. Why does Zemo have a purple mask? Does he just like the colour?

I mean, i feel he does kind of have an identity to protect. He's got a reputation and wealth to protect from his actions. And also he's an internationally wanted fugitive.

Oh but you're asking why its purple. Guy's got style. No one asks why Joker's suit is purple. :D

Well Isaiah, Walker, and Bucky are still out there... He may not be satisfied with that.

Remember in Episode 5 that Zemo told Bucky that he decided not to kill him, and then mentioned his book for he was taken to prison. That's suppose to show us that Zemo recognize that Bucky is trying to redeem himself for his crimes as the Winter Soldier and Zemo respects that.

Regarding Isaiah, he's not active so Zemo would have no reason to go after him. Zemo is after anyone with abilities that abuse their powers, hero and villain alike.

And I think Walker and Zemo may both end up working for Val, so they'll be on the same team.

Well Bucky he already said he wasn’t going to kill, and I believe him on that, I think he sees that the serum didn’t corrupt Buck, either (that everything prior was Hydra’s forceable corruption of who Bucky was).

With Isaiah, while we know there’s now the exhibit on him, it’s not clear on whether that exhibit indicates he’s still alive or continues the facade that he’s dead (which would allow Isaiah to still have his privacy). And when we saw Sam and Bucky mention him on the plane (after Madripoor) they didn’t really say anything indicating he was still alive.

And we don’t know if he’s aware of Walker yet (Walker didn’t take the serum until after Zemo was out)...but that one I can see

I will say there may also still be one Flagsmasher left (I think), the one that had been flying the chopper (that Sam was asked later to help fish out of the river)...edit: maybe not (just watched again), the radio report Zemo is listening to did say 4 members were killed (and there had only been 3 that Bucky and Walker got) so the helicopter one must’ve also been in that transport

Last edited:
Remember in Episode 5 that Zemo told Bucky that he decided not to kill him, and then mentioned his book for he was taken to prison. That's suppose to show us that Zemo recognize that Bucky is trying to redeem himself for his crimes as the Winter Soldier and Zemo respects that.

Regarding Isaiah, he's not active so Zemo would have no reason to go after him. Zemo is after anyone with abilities that abuse their powers, hero and villain alike.

And I think Walker and Zemo may both end up working for Val, so they'll be on the same team.

it also meant he already had the plan in place to kill the other super soldiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"