Falcon and Winter Soldier Baron Z E M O - He's back for more vengeance?

I agree. Baron Zemo is a villain through and through. I think he's been "friendly" enough to this point. Let's see the villain come out!

Why are "friendly" and "villain" somehow incompatible? He's already spent the entire show attempting to chip away at the hero's beliefs, while also demeaning Bucky specifically. A villain is still a villain even if he's not attempting to murder *you*.

Why are "friendly" and "villain" somehow incompatible? He's already spent the entire show attempting to chip away at the hero's beliefs, while also demeaning Bucky specifically. A villain is still a villain even if he's not attempting to murder *you*.

Especially when Zemo has always been pragmatic and willing to use whoever for his own purposes. In Civil War, he preferred to avoid more extreme methods and wanted Karpov (sp?) to just tell him about the 1991 mission, but when that didn't work, he fell back on backup methods. He used Bucky as a means to an end and nothing else. Him being willing to temporarily work with Bucky and Sam as long as it furthers his own agenda is perfectly in line with his personality.

Evidently, Bruhl improvised the dancing scene. :dry: Why?
Because he wanted to create moments that will echo through the ages as a suggestion of humanity’s potential greatness - rather than just good TV. :cwink:

The confrontation at the Sokivian memorial statue between Bucky and Zemo was actually pivotal because it was at that moment Bucky could have easily killed him shot dead and nobody would hold him accountable instead he spears his life and turns him over to The Dora Milaje who proceed to take him to the raft.

For Bucky he fulfilled his therapy step in reforment.

I hope that's not the last we see of Zemo in this show. Because otherwise his role was completely pointless and inconsequential aside from giving us some cheap fan service and a dancing scene.

I hope that's not the last we see of Zemo in this show. Because otherwise his role was completely pointless and inconsequential aside from giving us some cheap fan service and a dancing scene.

i don't think every single character needs to play some final role in everything. zemo was used so bucky + sam can move around the world for their story. in zemo's case, bruhl is a good actor and the role fleshed his character out more...most likely for a future appearance.

I think that was the last you will see him in this season. He is being setup as a main character for next season (or a new show).

The only way we'll see Zemo again is if someone is visiting him in prison, or he comes up with a way to escape.

I doubt that’s the last we see of Zemo, I have a feeling well see him in the finale.

I hope we will, because he wears his mask in only one scene. That would be pretty dissapointing if that was the only time, after all that teasing in the promos

I think that was the last you will see him in this season. He is being setup as a main character for next season (or a new show).
I don’t know if the plan is to do any season 2s with these shows but I’d welcome it with this (and more Zemo :cwink: ).

Even if we saw the last of Zemo in this show its definitely not the last time we will see him in the MCU. I am crazy excited to see what they do with Daniel Bruhl next whethere that's a Thunderbolt's show or if we even see him make a small appearance or two in the Wakanda show.

I liked how they resolved things with Zemo on this show. If he had escaped and killed a bunch of innocent people in some capacity, then that would be on Bucky and Sam for breaking him out and working with him. But luckily, their risky move paid off and the only people he took out were some mercs who were trying to kill them. Now, the next time he breaks out... he can be more evil, hahaha.

Zemo did the most disgusting killing scene in the MCU - when he drowned that former hydra agent upside down. That was an evil kill.

Eh. It's a cruel way to kill someone, but most disgusting in the MCU? I don't know. Loki gouged out somebody's eyeball in The Avengers. And that was a random innocent victim, unlike Colonel Karpov.

The Winter Soldier killing Stark's parent in the car was pretty hardcore imo too. Moreso as they were 'the good guys'...

The Winter Soldier killing Stark's parent in the car was pretty hardcore imo too. Moreso as they were 'the good guys'...

The worst parts of that scene are

A) Howard Stark calls him "Sergeant Barnes". He recognized him and knew who he was before he beat his head in.

B) Maria just having to sit there and watch helplessly, first while her husband is beaten to death in front of her, then knowing she's next.

C) Whatever flaws Howard might have had, being a bad father and whatever else, he's pleading for someone to help his wife and more concerned about her than himself.

Zemo did the most disgusting killing scene in the MCU - when he drowned that former hydra agent upside down. That was an evil kill.

Episode 4 of this show had a guy decapitate someone with Captain America's shield so...

At this point, technically you could say after CA CW (which was 8 years ago in universe) that Abomination, Ghost, Maybe Taskmaster and maybe Yelena are all in the Raft at this point.

At this point, technically you could say after CA CW (which was 8 years ago in universe) that Abomination, Ghost, Maybe Taskmaster and maybe Yelena are all in the Raft at this point.

Didn't Ghost get away? We don't know if she was ever apprehended, do we?

Episode 4 of this show had a guy decapitate someone with Captain America's shield so...

Thanos has been decapitated...so no big deal. seen that in almost every episode of GoT though.

Didn't Ghost get away? We don't know if she was ever apprehended, do we?
We don't know yeah, she was never apprehended but its probably not impossible she needed help and was forced to turn herself in again, or at least "work" for someone again

Even if we saw the last of Zemo in this show its definitely not the last time we will see him in the MCU. I am crazy excited to see what they do with Daniel Bruhl next whethere that's a Thunderbolt's show or if we even see him make a small appearance or two in the Wakanda show.
They've probably thought they were done with him each time and then watch his footage back and it's FFS, we're going to have to pay him again! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"