• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Batman/Spider-Man Villain Counterparts

Hobgoblin

Veritas veritatum
Reaction score
After watching an old Batman: TAS episode featuring Mr Freeze, I thought he had a similar story and motivation to Curt Connors. Both are tragic villains who were physically transformed.

What other villains have similarities?

I'll go for the obvious one, Black Cat/Catwoman.

Fair enough.

Who is the better match for Joker? Carnage or Green Goblin?

I'd say Green Goblin, not out of my hate for Carnage, but because GG is more of a nemesis to Spidey, is more recognizable as his biggest foe to what would be considered the general public of comics. Carnage doesn't have that. And GG has the same kind of insanity Joker has, not overboard like Carnage.

I'd also probably add Rhino being Spidey's Killer Croc

I'd say Green Goblin, not out of my hate for Carnage, but because GG is more of a nemesis to Spidey, is more recognizable as his biggest foe to what would be considered the general public of comics. Carnage doesn't have that. And GG has the same kind of insanity Joker has, not overboard like Carnage.

I'd also probably add Rhino being Spidey's Killer Croc

I agree with that, but Goblin has all sorts of plans, while Joker is about chaos, a la Carnage. I guess he can go either way.

Two-Face and Harry Osborn seem like another fairly obvious counterpart. The former friends with dual natures.

See, I don't see Joker as such a chaotic character; he always has a sense of order in his chaos I feel.

See, I don't see Joker as such a chaotic character; he always has a sense of order in his chaos I feel.

This is true. However, so does Kasady, no matter how much he says otherwise. Like when he went after his childhood friend, Bill Bentine. He knew that people were starting to expect him to kill random people, so he targeted someone he knew. Its logic and chaos at the same time.

What about Venom and Bane? Just for their utter hatred and single desire to kill their heroic counterparts?

As much as I hate Bane, Venom isn't as cerebral as Bane is, but out of each others' rogue gallery, I would agree with them being counterparts.

With the exception of the hypnotism aspect, Spellbinder is basically a poor man's Mysterio.

Clayface could easily be Sandman's counterpart.

With the exception of the hypnotism aspect, Spellbinder is basically a poor man's Mysterio.

Clayface could easily be Sandman's counterpart.

I've always seen Scarecrow as Mysterio's counterpart. True, Mysterio doesnt deal specifically in fear but the hallucinations and psychological manipulation are very similar.

I've always thought that Dr. Connors/Lizard's better counterpart would be Kirk Langstrom/Man-Bat. They both create serums based on animals to cure a disability (loss of arm/growing deafness), they both turn into animal-like monsters, both are tragic figures since they had good intentions, and both had their actions affect their families for a long time. The big difference being that Connors lost control to the Lizard side and "died", while Langstrom gained control of his Man-Bat transformantions and became a hero.

I never knew much about Man-Bat but good point.

Joe Chill = The Burglar

Clayface = Sandman/Chameleon.

Man-Bat = Lizard

Scarecrow = Mysterio

Rupert Thorne = Kingpin

Silver Sable = Talia?

Last edited:
Kraven and Poison Ivy seem similar, now that I think about it.

Not to be an ass, but could you clarify your post? The way you wrote it is confusing. More of a traditional lost format. I don't understand the comparisons the way they are written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"