• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Batman's Theme Music in TDK

I remember Zimmer stating in an interview that he had introduced a theme at the end of BB that he intended to use and develop in TDK. My question is, which theme was it.

Was it this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlOEk_1_UWQ

Or was it this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4hB81vwk2I

I am a big fan of the BB sound-track, and I personally believe that the song on the second link was so underused in BB. It was also the first song that played when the credits rolled.

What do you all think?
I hope the second one. I loved the ending BB music! I really hope that the TDK score is as good as BB's

There has been a lot of debate about the Theme over the years. I actually like it, but there is not a real pay off, the score just feels like all build up.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I liked Zimmer and Howard's Batman music better than Elfman's.

IMO Elfman's was too cartoony, which worked for Burton's films, but would be horribly out of place in Nolan's world.

And I prefer Nolan's world over Burton's.

There has been a lot of debate about the Theme over the years. I actually like it, but there is not a real pay off, the score just feels like all build up.

According to Zimmer that's the whole idea. It's Batman Begins. So, maybe we'll get more themes for TDK. I LOVED the BB soundtrack. Nothing wrong with it, IMHO.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I liked Zimmer and Howard's Batman music better than Elfman's.

IMO Elfman's was too cartoony, which worked for Burton's films, but would be horribly out of place in Nolan's world.

And I prefer Nolan's world over Burton's.

The Elfman Bat-theme and music are beautiful and epic-sounding to me (and, to this day, I believe B89 and BR to be his best work so far).

However, I prefer the Zimmer and Howard take more; much more. I've been listening to the expanded sountrack a lot recently and it tells the story by itself. The interlocking themes and reprisals are very much a narrative on their own, and that's something about a soundtrack that really wins me over. Plus, I just simply love the music and themes/motifs/semi-themes/whatever people wanna call it.

The only song's I really liked from BB ST was Molossus and My Otis. There were a lot of better ones in the movie as well that we didn't get on the CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"