The Dark Knight * UPDATE - Academy Will Consider TDK Score

It sounded like they kept the background noise from the cameras. No refrain that anyone can remember. And it stole alot of it's basic structure from John Carpenter's The Thing.

It might as well have not been there it was so absent from the mood of the film.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

That's your own slanted opinion. Apparently the members of the Academy thought the score had merit as a nominee, thereby affirming the position of the posters on this board. If it hadn't been for the technicality on which it was disqualified, you'd have very well seen it in the list of nominees.

Besides, don't you have something better to do? Like hang around the FF boards desperately hoping Fox greenlights another mediocre sequel (instead of burning with envy over here)? Oh wait, there isn't gonna BE one, is there? :funny:

Last edited:
the academy is just so ridiculous with all their little rules

The Academy.... they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little world.

This bites. I think it totally deserves a nomination. Same thing happened to "There Will Be Blood" last year, except the reason was different. (Jonny Greenwood used lots of traditional classical pieces in the score with his original material...but I still think he deserved a nomination for the pieces that he wrote)

That's your own slanted opinion.

Isn't opinion all we have about something like this?

Apparently the members of the Academy thought the score had merit as a nominee, thereby affirming the position of the posters on this board. If it hadn't been for the technicality on which it was disqualified, you'd have very well seen it in the list of nominees.

Ahh so now the Academy's opinion means something? Will it mean something when TDK doesn't get any nominations? Then I suppose the Academy will be a bunch of losers who are alienating themselves from the populace. Bunch of elitists! Oh. Unless of course they agree with you then they will affirm your position. Nice waffle.

Besides, don't you have something better to do? Like hang around the FF boards desperately hoping Fox greenlights another mediocre sequel (instead of burning with envy over here)? Oh wait, there isn't gonna BE one, is there? :funny:

Of course. The path of the poster who has nothing to say about the matter at hand. Let's try to insult someone by bringing up something which has nothing at all to do with what we're talking about. When's WB gonna greenlight Catwoman II? That coming out soon? How bout the sequel to TDK? Should be really good. There's no way it could be a dissapointment after TDK made alot of money. The hype surrounding his effort won't bring about unreachable expectations. I'm sure Nolan won't start to suck after accidentally making money off a perfect storm of viral campaigns and the unfortunate death of Heath Ledger. Especially since he's all but said he's burned out with Batman. His propensity for making sucky third reels won't rear it's ugly head like it did in his other movies : Crappy Train Sequence and Stupid Sonar Scenes. You know. Crazy "unreal" premises like the Microwave Zapper that doesn't kill people? That sort of thing?

But let's concentrate on the FF movie because my opinion about a subpar score that no one can hum one refrain from is prolly far from accurate.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Well, the movie is amazing, can't say the same about the score though.
Didn't like the music and in Batman Begins, much less in this one.

I'm not really surprised the academy has disqualified it.

Nope, awesome reviews don't mean much of anything to the Academy when it's a summer blockbuster. Iron Man got awesome reviews. Spider-Man 2 got awesome reviews. All other things being equal (TDK being of the same quality as the Oscar-bait movies that the Academy loves), they would rather screw the popular movie over. But sometimes it's TOO popular for them to screw it over.
But TDK got reviews like movies that have won Oscars. The praise for TDK was phenomenal & no doubt helped out the BO.
Watch out! Expressing a differing opinion makes you an idiot.

I agree with you on this. I got crap here before because I liked Indiana Jones 4. :indy:

Watch out! Expressing a differing opinion makes you an idiot.

No, but using said differing opinion as his explanation for the score being disqualified does. :oldrazz:

Let's be clear. The score was disqualified because of technicalities, not because it was bad, despite people's opinions. If someone says, "Well, good riddance, I didn't like it much anyway," that's different from saying, "The music was bad, I'm not surprised it was disqualified."

Isn't opinion all we have about something like this?

Yes, but in your case, you were using your opinion as a crutch for the argument that the score wasn't good enough to be nominated, and which was proven false when I posted that quote from the Variety article.

Ahh so now the Academy's opinion means something? Will it mean something when TDK doesn't get any nominations? Then I suppose the Academy will be a bunch of losers who are alienating themselves from the populace. Bunch of elitists! Oh. Unless of course they agree with you then they will affirm your position. Nice waffle.

Oh please. Don't be so petty. If TDK doesn't get any nominations, it's fine. I'm not one of the fanboys who'll throw a hissy fit over it. Most of the time, the Oscar nominations are well-deserved, even if there is disagreement over the winner. Should TDK get a couple of nods this time, I'll be happy and it will only further cement its position as a quality film. If not, no problem. The most you could say out of that is that TDK wasn't as good in those categories as other Oscar nominated films. But it does absolutely NOTHING to diminish the fact that TDK was amongst the highest quality and best reviewed films of 2008. Period.

Of course. The path of the poster who has nothing to say about the matter at hand. Let's try to insult someone by bringing up something which has nothing at all to do with what we're talking about.

Uh, no, it has everything to do with the matter at hand. Difference of opinion can be expressed in a much more civilized manner that doesn't demean those who think otherwise. Your position as a baiting anti-Nolan troll is well-known even before BB was release, "Aunt Petunia".

When's WB gonna greenlight Catwoman II? That coming out soon?

No, thank God.

How bout the sequel to TDK? Should be really good. There's no way it could be a dissapointment after TDK made alot of money. The hype surrounding his effort won't bring about unreachable expectations. I'm sure Nolan won't start to suck after accidentally making money off a perfect storm of viral campaigns and the unfortunate death of Heath Ledger. Especially since he's all but said he's burned out with Batman. His propensity for making sucky third reels won't rear it's ugly head like it did in his other movies : Crappy Train Sequence and Stupid Sonar Scenes. You know. Crazy "unreal" premises like the Microwave Zapper that doesn't kill people? That sort of thing?

Yeah, that sort of thing. Funny how all that absurdity worked for Nolan but Story eh? Guess everyone who loved TDK is a Batman fanboy now. :whatever:

But let's concentrate on the FF movie because my opinion about a subpar score that no one can hum one refrain from is prolly far from accurate.

It's a shame then that you are such a handicap at humming even the simple one and two note Joker and Batman motifs from Zimmer and Howard's score. :lmao:

Ok. I'll bow out of your Kangaroo Court since there's no chance in hell of any intellectual discourse.

You win. TDK is teh bomb!

Happy now?

Ok. I'll bow out of your Kangaroo Court since there's no chance in hell of any intellectual discourse.

You win. TDK is teh bomb!

Happy now?

Funny, you put it like that when nowhere in our "debate" did anyone even came close to uttering something like that nor demanded anyone to. Your powers of comprehension seems to be alarmingly messed up. Who fails at "intellectual discourse" now, pal?

Why even come to the board from a movie you didn't like at the first place..?

No! You are!

sl2mc0.gif

Why even come to the board from a movie you didn't like at the first place..?

I did like it. It just wasn't "Teh Greatest Evar"!

And if you'll notice in my earlier posts I was trying to discuss the lack of merits the score had. I didn't think it was worthy of a nomination. Since this thread was discussing the score in general, I thought I would enter the conversation.

And in case you haven't noticed it, this is the Superherohype Board. An all encompassing board that covers several movies involving superheroes.

When you hit the "New Posts" button it shows all the threads. Not just Batman.

And btw I've been posting here for quite some time. So don't tell me where I can or can't post unless you're a Mod.

And if you'll notice in my earlier posts I was trying to discuss the lack of merits the score had. I didn't think it was worthy of a nomination. Since this thread was discussing the score in general, I thought I would enter the conversation.

Actually, that would be the TDK Score Discussion thread:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=291862

I was under the assumption that this thread, as the title states, is for discussing the disqualification of the score, due to the technicality as the article states. In all honesty, this thread belongs in either the Score thread, or the Oscar discussion thread.

I did like it. It just wasn't "Teh Greatest Evar"!

my post it wasn't strictly aimed at your posts but.. yeah, it's the internets, people would fight you over any disagreement (I hope this post is grammatically correct)

my post it wasn't strictly aimed at your posts but.. yeah, it's the internets, people would fight you over any disagreement (I hope this post is grammatically correct)

It's not...

internetz is spelled with a 'z', duh :o

I'll fight you! I'll fight you to dead! :cmad:

:funny:

I'll fight you! I'll fight you to dead! :cmad:

:funny:

:lmao:

On topic though, looking back at the link with all the Oscar rules, it's crazy to see some of the stipulations they have. It's a wonder how anything ever gets nominated. LOL :woot:

I keep picturing the Academy people like old leper ghouls.. like those guys from 300

why are people bashing the academy and at the same time they want tht TDK is nomonated?
if you think that the oscars are crazy then it makes no sense to care if TDK gets nominated and if it gets oscars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"