Switch Bayonetta 3

The reverse boycott is on! :D

On the plus side, the game looks great.

Definitely some sacrifices being made in terms of the visual designs of the enemies and environments, in order for the action to go crazy. The new systems look very fun, a great marriage of Bayonetta and Astral Chain. I do wonder how much of Scalebound's DNA are in this and Astral Chain.

And luckily, my covid shot didn't incapicitate me, so I am now off to pick up my super special copy.

I did not expect the special edition box to be as big as a Switch box.

Why lie to yourself. :o

I would be lying if I said that there are things that seem to be a step down from 2. Enemy detail seems be a bit down, though the new enemies are designed that way. And the environments are a lot simpler textures. And the color scheme they go with lessens the brightness of the screen. A lot of this is definitely in service of the actual combat, as the battle areas are larger, and you are tossing huge monsters into the mix.

I will say, after playing through the prologue, getting my first feel of the game, it feels more of what I would have liked Astral Chain to play like. Astral Chain experience will definitely help with you managing your summons. And combat still feels good. The summons a little less, as the commands are slow in being executed by you summons. I look forward to when I can play Viola.

And since Hellena Taylor is a garbage person, supporting garbage "charities", I strongly suggest you support not-Nero's VA.

Thankfully, Alrune, the whip from Bayo 2, is back and hidden early on. And some light testing, as awesome as ever. Pity about no more mixing and matching hand and feet weapons. Would have loved to have whip and yoyo combos. But dear god, so far, basic whip attacks feel like umbran climax whip attacks.

Okay, first level playing with Viola down. Definitely a learning curve with her. My big complaint with her is putting her block, which is needed parry to trigger witch time, is not the same button as the dodge button for Bayonetta. It messes up some of your muscle memory. It really doesn't help that the essentially training 'heim is just really frustrating in terms of enemies if gives you to fight. Should not have had one of those ****ing canons in there.

Still, I love Viola. Such a ****ing dork. I love her.

I should probably apologize to Bayo and Jeanne for believing they could produce such a dork. Still, a obvious as her parentage is, still rooting for the Bayo Jeanne theory in at least one of the universes

Also, Gh()st is a top tier battle theme.

Did not expect to see a call out to Thriller and the 5th Element diva scene in the same level.

This freakin game, man.

And I see Kamiya's already trolling about Bayo 4.

I think I would prefer Astral Chain 2 first.

The recent Wha Happen helped shed some light on Bayo 3's development. And my big takeaway is that Nintendo understands the franchise better than Platinum.

Also, Kamiya should probably stay away from the story.

Finished the game. Yeah, story is crap, but man, still a Bayo game.

It just suck, because the game just kind of ends. You have some good mini stories in the 3rd and 4th world. But then, its sudden end boss time. And the infamous ending.

Bayonetta 2 is still the best story.

And now, the decade long wait for Bayo 4 on the Switch 2.

Some small spoilers shown in the video.

It is a wonderful performance, but man, is it bizarre to have this as the end credits song. And, uhh, lets just say the dancing Bayo as you usually gets just adds to the weirdness of a gospel/faith hill pet adoption guilt song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"