Switch Bayonetta 3

I see nothing wrong with boycotting a game or a company that won't even pay the voice of their own franchise (a classically trained actress) more than $4000. If they are treating HER like that in spite of her status, what do you think they are underpaying and exploiting in developers who are likely crunching to get the game out on time?

Likely just an unreasonable emotional response from me, seeing it as a call to kill the series again.
It's one of my favorites as well. 1 and 2 are all timers for me.

That they got Hale, who's union, sounds like to me they just didn't want to pay Taylor, because they wanted a "name" for the role. I know this decision came awhile ago, but on the back of Babylon's Fall, this just doesn't look good from them at all. Makes me sad, because they are one of my favorites.

$4,000 for lead voice actor over a whole game seems like a complete joke. What would they pay people for minor jobs? $20?

$4,000 for lead voice actor over a whole game seems like a complete joke. What would they pay people for minor jobs? $20?

It does sound like Video Game voice acting, even unionized ones, is still kind of ****ty pay. I mean, hell, we just saw some weird pay differences in Inside Out 2.

I mean, as much as I love Bayonetta, she isn't Mario and Charles Martinet. I don't disagree that Taylor should have been paid more, but her calling for a boycott and claiming full ownership of Bayonetta turns me off.

I just found out Taylor is a religious bigot, a Trumper, TERF, Blue Lives Matter supporter, and Brexiteer. So she can **** off.

8pDZhwL.gif

On the flip side, Jen Hale:

Maybe she was an issue and Platinum, in classic Japanese fashion, tried to get her to leave by "insulting" her? Apparently she was offered a cameo (probably the Bayo that dies), so I think they had Hale cast even before they offered her that role. Honestly, I can't take a bigot's word on anything so unless she has some hard proof, I don't care.

Things still suck for VAs but damn, has all my sympathy went away for Taylor. She bad people.

I just found out Taylor is a religious bigot, a Trumper, TERF, Blue Lives Matter supporter, and Brexiteer. So she can **** off.

8pDZhwL.gif

Maybe she was an issue and Platinum, in classic Japanese fashion, tried to get her to leave by "insulting" her? Apparently she was offered a cameo (probably the Bayo that dies), so I think they had Hale cast even before they offered her that role. Honestly, I can't take a bigot's word on anything so unless she has some hard proof, I don't care.

Things still suck for VAs but damn, has all my sympathy went away for Taylor. She bad people.
What a dramatic turn of events... :hehe:

8pDZhwL.gif

I do think the number of Bayos was probably the key issue in negotiations.

Yeah, the union scale sucks. But, I get the impression that hasn't been what Taylor's issue has been. It has been about her specifically, which, given some of the other beliefs, yeah, I can believe she overvalued herself.

Yeah, sympathy is starting to really slip away. In no world is Bayonetta worth that.

Yeah, sympathy is starting to really slip away. In no world is Bayonetta worth that.

6 figures for a game that only exist because Nintendo knows it needs some form of adult entertainment on their console... nah fam.

There is something hilarious seeing people describe Bayonetta as a major franchise. I love the series, but come on.

It's a fair point that voice actors for other mediums receive residual payments but not for video games (which Bayonetta's former voice actress isn't even admitting to bringing up in the Bloomberg article).

Yong is also a voice actor himself.

Last edited:
Oh so this Hellena is not a clean cut victim as she is making out and also made misleading claims about how much she was actually offered. 3/$4,000 a session is very different to $4,000 overall. It’s a real shame how low voice actor pay seems to be for the ones who don’t have a profile, but I’m not going to spare any sympathy for her.

Revenue is also not profit. Profit is a part of revenue.

Ehh, the X amount franchise is marketing, and tends to use revenue numbers. At least for movies.

And apparently she wanted $250k and residuals. Ain't no way Bayonetta is worth that.

But hey, not surprising on her other beliefs that she gets bad info.

Can't see her getting another video game VO job anytime soon.

Can't see her getting another video game VO job anytime soon.

Its not like she had much of a career as a voice actor. So, the loss of the career isn't that big of a loss to her. Which is why she probably felt comfortable nuking her career to spike Platinum. Though, she probably also believed that there would be another game, and would have the leverage to force them back to the table.

Would be great if Platinum could get ahold of the dark magic that is RE Engine.

Still, likely runs better than Hyrule Warriors 2.

Watching some early gameplay and...

And they put an honest to god Sharknado in the game.

God bless you platinum, you crazy sun of *****es.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"