BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more people hate on Ben, the more I get the feeling that we'll be getting another Heath Ledger situation.

Seriously, what is with DC casting? Always wearing Marvel's worn over shoes.

James Marsden, Cyclops in "X Men".......Richard White in "Superman Returns"

Halle Berry, Storm in "X Men".......Patience Phillips in "Catwoman"

Ryan Reynolds, Deadpool in "X Men Origins:Wolverine.....Hal Jordan in "Green Lantern"

Ben Affleck....DareDevil.......Batman/Superman movie

Based on the release, it seems this Batman will be a mean-mother. He's older than Superman by a considerable ammount. He's seen and done a lot of stuff, likely put down numerous villains in his time. The release says he's wiser than Clark. So, Supe has the powers, but Bats is the mentor type thing it seems. Could be a decent ammount of condescending superiority, etc.
And if the rumor about him directing solo Batman films is true, then I'm stoked.
A solo Batman film with Affleck would be interesting indeed. I'd like to see it/them.

How Ben prepares for a role:

[YT]5Xy5C-0P0zs[/YT]

Dang just turned the channel and another Affleck movie is on! Too bad it's not the one I want!

Seriously, what is with DC casting? Always wearing Marvel's worn over shoes.

James Marsden, Cyclops in "X Men".......Richard White in "Superman Returns"

Halle Berry, Storm in "X Men".......Patience Phillips in "Catwoman"

Ryan Reynolds, Deadpool in "X Men Origins:Wolverine.....Hal Jordan in "Green Lantern"

Ben Affleck....DareDevil.......Batman/Superman movie

Because once you're in a Marvel film, YOU'RE MARVEL'S PROPERTY!

:whatever:

I have a question guys do you think they will have Ben Affleck play Bruce and Scott Adkins play Batman. Ben Affleck and Scott Adkins look like twins and Scott Adkins is a true bad ass. Anyone seen Ninja?? He pretty much plays batman in that film.

scott-adkins2.jpg

Adkins is a few inches shorter , but he could definitely handle the stunt work.

That MAY be true, but the fanbase, as a whole, was dead-set in vast panic to see Heath Ledger, a somewhat pretty-boy who starred in a Gay-romance movie, was ALL wrong to pull off the psychopathic Joker in TDK.

Point is, lets not jump the gun. The audience may not take to a new Batman, but if they were to accept, going from Bale to a big name like Affleck, a name the audience is use to, may be a smoother transition.

We shall see.

I'd give Ben Affleck the benefit of the doubt based on his work over the last several years. At least since his turn as George Reeves in Hollywoodland.

Anyone else find it strange that we have a cast, release date, but no official title? I thought for sure they'd announce the title with the Batman casting announcement.

"Batman versahs Supahman" :o

i dunno if this is a good idea or a bad idea, but its definitely an interesting idea. i love affleck as an actor, writer, and director. i dunno if this is the right gig for him, but it's definitely interesting. It'd be way more interesting if he were writing and directing the film. i might actually have some faith in it then.

Thank god that Josh Brolin and Jon Hamm didn't get the role.

The more people hate on Ben, the more I get the feeling that we'll be getting another Heath Ledger situation.

And every last one of them will be saying "I supported Affleck! I knew he'd be great all along!"

That's why it's very important to remember this and similar threads, and resurrect them when the film releases.

The primary difference here is that this isn't Chris Nolan's franchise. Snyder has misstep on casting before (most noticeably some key roles in Watchmen) while Nolan really never has. To be bluntly honest, Snyder is not as good of a director as Nolan is. I'm not saying Affleck will fail in the role but it's a huge left-field choice that leaves me puzzled.

Jeez. Forty pages in four hours.

The Bat Boards

"We don't **** around."

I would love to here he was simply directing the next Batman. That would should terrific to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"