BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the big difference: Keaton and Heath didn't totally fall flat in a similar superhero/supervillain role previous to playing Batman and the Joker.

I look at it as roles and characters, not "oh he played a superhero before, this is how I'll judge him".

People made a judgement call with Keaton and Ledger, from Mr. Mom to Brokeback Mountain. Same deal here. Okay, maybe to some people Affleck made for a poor Daredevil (I thought he was alright, in fact, I don't remember really hating it or loving it), but I've never seen him as Batman. I've never seen a 2014 Ben Affleck play Batman, but I have seen him in a dozen other roles and have been impressed with what I've seen.

It's not like Michael Keaton and Heath Ledger were uber actors or something before Batman and the Dark Knight.

I'm betting that he is starring in Batman with a deal in place to write/direct/star in the next solo Batman flick.

He's creating his own Nolan-like influence on WB.

I'm going to say what I say to my little cousins that don't get their way.

Quit crying.

And Ben Affleck was directed by the d***head who also made Ghost Rider. Perhaps that had something to do with the movie's quality and his performance? Just a hunch.

You missed the point of my post.

Clooney/Kilmer prove a director alone doesn't decide if an actor fits a superhero role.

Even Steven Spielberg or Martin Scorsese couldn't make Kevin Costner a great Robin Hood.

Not all casting decisions are created equal.

Does this mean Affleck is gonna call up his BFF Matt Damon and ask if he'd be interested in playing a certain bald billionaire psychopath?

I'm going to say what I say to my little cousins that don't get their way.

Quit crying.

QG3Am5Y.gif

I dont understand the people saying they cast someone who can't act or isnt up to par when Marvel is hiring people like Liam Hemsworth and Chris Evans to play heroes.

i know a lot of people talked about Affleck being a terrible batman and everyone agreed on it. now people just wants to go with the flow and hope for the best. My problem is that Affleck always plays Ben Affleck. Even in his greatest movies he's still just playing Ben Affleck. So, like with Clooney, I worry that it won't be Batman on screen, but rather just Ben Affleck wearing a batsuit.
Seeing the announcement of him possibly directing batman at least is a silver lining considering he will be most invested.

And every last one of them will be saying "I supported Affleck! I knew he'd be great all along!"

That's why it's very important to remember this and similar threads, and resurrect them when the film releases.

I will gladly eat crow if he turns out to be awesome. I just can't see it, personally. To me, he's kind of like Brad Pitt: he might be a good or even great actor at times, but he's almost always just Brad Pitt in whatever he does. "Brad Pitt is a reverse aging Brad Pitt in Brad Pitt The Movie!" "Brad Pitt is a zombie fighting Brad Pitt in Brad Pitt vs Zombies!" "Brad Pitt is a vampire Brad Pitt in Brad Pitt the Vampire!"

Affleck strikes me as the same, but maybe he'll surprise me.

The amount of people viewing this thread right now is ridiculous.

ben-affleck-explains-why-he-turned-down-superman-470-75.jpg

Bruce Wayne

that pic brings some hope to me.
hopefully he is a lot more toned and buff and looses his mannerisms and voice/accent that he carried practically in his entire career,which doesnt fight bruce wayne/batman. But heres hoping

Is Daredevil really a radically different role than Batman?

C'mon, they have far more in common than anything else.

and Zack Snyder isn't exactly known for getting legendary performances from actors.

Zod was laughable in MOS.

All the batman roles in the 90's weren't really "radically different" from Batman...
you must see what you are doing.

And yes Snyder has gotten some great performances out of people, but this is a matter of opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"