Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the guy who gave you this before the reviews:

And this (Suicide Squad):

Comes this:

WB made a mistake giving this a limited release. The WOM will be like poison till January. Affleck prbbly got his first flop, both commercially and critically.

Last edited:
Damn, doesn't sound good for Ben. ( 3 disaster movies in one year?

And we still don't know if he can direct big budget movies. But some people here want him for the Justice League sequel.

I'll believe it when I see it.
But you do you and trust your twitter preachers.

Last edited:
All movies get some bad reviews. One person's word doesnt count for anything.

Ben deserves a winner as of late, hope that's just a bogus opinion and not an extension of everyone else's thoughts

This is the dumbest thing to assume based on one twitter opinion, it's jarring.

Ben deserves a winner as of late, hope that's just a bogus opinion and not an extension of everyone else's thoughts

He's not stupid. When he tweets things like this, it means he talked to a few critics he knows. Industry personas are all about reputation. He knows this can bit him in the ass if he's wrong.

Except there's also been good word of mouth for Live By Night from other people, so unless the movie is one of those "some people will like it, some people won't" types, I'm withholding my judgement.

Except there's also been good word of mouth for Live By Night from other people, so unless the movie is one of those "some people will like it, some people won't" types, I'm withholding my judgement.

So, like any other movie, TV series, song, book etc. then ? :oldrazz:

Actually I've read that Live by Night is Batfleck's weakest directorial effort yet and he himself said in a conference that, Live by Night is more of a commercial vehicle for him.

That's one persons opinion

Zero chance Live By Night has less than a 75 on Rotten tomatoes. Which is what Black Mass got, I believe

Last edited:
Actually I've read that Live by Night is Batfleck's weakest directorial effort yet and he himself said in a conference that, Live by Night is more of a commercial vehicle for him.

That might be telling.

Also, sorry for going off-topic for a bit, but I love your Moana avatar, Blitz.

That might be telling.

Also, sorry for going off-topic for a bit, but I love your Moana avatar, Blitz.

http://www.thewrap.com/p1351744/

“This was not a movie where I was like, ‘C’mon, we’re gonna win Best Picture,'” he said in a Broadcast Film Critics Association Q&A that followed the screening. “This was a more crowd-pleasing movie … that could have been made in the ’70s, or even the ’40s.”

As for writer-director-star Affleck, who was praised effusively by Goldenberg and co-stars Chris Messina and Sienna Miller in the Q&A, he could well be right to think this is more a commercial play than a big awards movie (though his last film, “Argo,” showed it’s entirely possible to be both).

As for the Avvy compliment, thank you bro. :D :D

Which makes the prospects for his Batman film worrying (if these early rumors are true). Clearly he'll be delving more into the mainstream fare with that project.

Some directors just don't translate well to bigger spectacles. Man, the DCEU is just full of surprises! :funny:

Blimey, people's wishing & will for DCEU to fall is ripe again :argh:

Blimey, people's wishing & will for DCEU to fall is ripe again :argh:

Calling it now that some people here will turn on Affleck and disregard his previous directorial works if Live By Night is actually this bad. :o

Calling it now that some people here will turn on Affleck and disregard his previous directorial works if Live By Night is actually this bad. :o
Not really unexpected. That's the way of the game in Hollywood. No matter your past credentials, in this business you're only as valuable and good as your last product.

That's one persons opinion

Zero chance _______ has less than a __ on Rotten tomatoes. Which is what ________ got, I believe

If I've learned anything in the last 3 years, it's that this can be a very cruel game to play.

Translation: this is for the fans.

Anyway, let's wait and see. If things aren't so bad, then no big deal, every director has weaker movies. There's plenty of luck and chance involved in it, sometimes stuff just don't work as intended. If the movie is a total disaster, I hope it doesn't affect Ben too much, since he has plenty of work to do next year. Massive responsibility both as an actor and as a director.

From the guy who gave you this before the reviews:

And this (Suicide Squad):

Comes this:

WB made a mistake giving this a limited release. The WOM will be like poison till January. Affleck prbbly got his first flop, both commercially and critically.

:huh: I wonder if there's any truth to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"