Best DC/Marvel Movie Poster

Nadal_Fan

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if this has been asked/talked about but I wanted to start a thread where you could post your favorite DC and/or Marvel movie posters. Could be teaser poster or the final cut or even one from outside North America.....also please don't turn this into a DC vs Marvel thing lets all be civil now as there is an infinite amount of good choices.

My DC favorite has to be the Superman Returns poster with him above the Earth. The colors were spectacular and the look was perfect.

My favorite for Marvel has to be the Avengers poster with the team all together.

Last edited:
For DC my favorite is the simple, iconic Batman '89 poster, although the teaser poster for The Dark Knight Rises, with its callback to the teaser poster for Batman Begins, is a close second.

For Marvel my favorite is this Spider-Man 2 poster.

DC:

STM teaser (symbol poster)
Batman '89 (symbol poster)
SR (floating above Earth)
TDK x Many (Joker visage on the brick wall, Batman in front of the flaming symbol, Joker behind the frosted window... that whole campaign really)
TDKR teaser (Bane and the broken cowl)

Marvel:

Possibly Spidey 1 (him crawling on the building... though I don't care for the lighting scheme).
Spidey 3 (Spidey with the black suit reflected behind him).

I honestly don't think the MCU has any great posters. Same with MoS. Hopefully AoU and BvS change that. They're too big not to do something great for.

30mycdx.jpg

the Batman 89' teaser poster, the Avengers teaser poster and the GotG teaser poster. honorary mention for the SR teaser poster which was simple and effective. I just wish they would've settled for a slightly different S

ends1.jpg

captain-america-poster-c.jpg

Honorable mentions:

MPW-18587

18b149286ca6f2920e017bd5d2ffcbf5.jpg

Last edited:
My walls are covered in movie posters, and I usually rotate older movies out often. But I've kept that Wolverine poster up. I love the way it looks.

These days I usually prefer the teaser posters to the final ones. It seems practically every blockbuster goes for the same generic 'bunch of heads' look, like the above DOFP poster. For example, keeping with DOFP, I love the poster of Patrick Stewart with a blue x across his face and in the X is James McAvoy.

I loved the banners for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

Menbwp8.jpg

7dSCrlz.jpg

No contest.........

bP4zDyBRGoNOJMneBWUw05WGfka.jpg

The movie might have left some to be desired, but damn, this poster is badass!

3919428f00b56a2842548fd0b80a2795.jpg

Here's some of mine
Spider-man_3_poster.jpg

captain-america-winter-soldier-poster.jpg

thor_xlg.jpg

MV5BMTU3NzA5MjI0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTEwNzMzMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

batman_begins_teaser_b.jpg

Last edited:
I am surprised that nobody posted images of these yet, but here we go:

batman-movie-poster-1sh-89-michael-keaton-jack-nicholson-directed-by-tim-burton.jpg

batman-rise.jpg

And a few others I always liked:

desktop_redX_800.jpg

spider_man_three_ver2.jpg

iron_man_2__hi_res_textless_poster__by_ihaveanawesomename-d7xwauf.jpg

tumblr_mmal4zqkcn1qdl1hxo1_1280.jpg

Of course, other than V for Vendetta those other three movies were quite bad (though i also love the black suited Spidey in the rain). It shows the limitations of marketing. ;)

Also, I really wish Zack Snyder made a Superman movie as inspiring and hopeful as those posters and trailers. Judging how Superman is depicted in his BVS poster, I doubt it. I doubt it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"