Best Hellboy Movie

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Got all 3 of them on 4K now and been giving them a watch this week. I find all 3 under rated in different ways. The 2 GDT movies are still some of the best CBMs ever for me, especially Hellboy II, which just seems to be GDT unleashed. The action is awesome, the villain good and sympathetic, and Hellboy and Abe drunkenly singing Barry Manilow love songs is one of the most human scenes in any CBM. So that gets my vote.

I also think the new movie got too much of a hard time. It’s not good but Harbour is great in the main role, there is decent action and plenty of stuff from the comics, it’s a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

What does everyone else think?

Really like the first two (especially the first), and...

I also think the new movie got too much of a hard time. It’s not good but Harbour is great in the main role, there is decent action and plenty of stuff from the comics, it’s a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.
^^^ Ditto.

I am curious, what did you prefer about the first GDT movie?
The second one didn't really grab me. I don't know why. They were both great to look at but the story of the first one pulled me in more. I've had the urge to rewatch that one far more often than the second.

The second one didn't really grab me. I don't know why. They were both great to look at but the story of the first one pulled me in more. I've had the urge to rewatch that one far more often than the second.

Interesting, I used to flip flop on which one I liked more quite a bit, but watching them recently the 2nd movie just seemed to hold up so much better. But both are still great in their own way, and I really wish Del Toro got to complete his trilogy.

I’m game; not sure who I’d cast but I enjoyed the 2019 reboot.

Love that The Crooked Man is said to be the inspiration.

I like the 50s concept, but I'm very cautious when it comes to comic book writers writing movie scripts and the director attached to that is pretty terrible, so I don't really have any hopes for it.

Still not big on the director but Mignola writing is a good thing for me. He knows the character more than anyone.

I thought I had read all HB story’s, not sure I actually read The Crooked Man.

I’m surprised they’re attempting another reboot this soon after the last movie flopped. I thought the next reboot would be in a decade not in four years. I mean best of the luck to them but I don’t see that many people rushing to the theaters to see a new Hellboy movie. If you ask me an animated tv series is the way to go.

I know it was only half his fault but what Taylor did with Ghost Rider certainly doesn't inspire confidence. That movie wasnt great and they made changes to the lore they just didn't need too. Hopefully he has learned lessons from that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"