Shazam Black Adam spin off with The Rock

JSA?

Where is my punchy boy Wildcat? Where is the Sandman? (no, not that one, no, not that one either eeeeeexit light, enteeeer niiiiight!).

Trailer was cool.

JSA?

Where is my punchy boy Wildcat? Where is the Sandman? (no, not that one, no, not that one either eeeeeexit light, enteeeer niiiiight!).

Trailer was cool.
My guess if the film is successful we’ll see them in a sequel or solo film.

Much better than the last two trailers IMO, but I still think Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate is going to steal the show which I am honestly very much looking forward to because its Pierce fricking Brosnan.

Aldis Hodge looks really cool as Hawkman too.

Much better than the last two trailers IMO, but I still think Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate is going to steal the show which I am honestly very much looking forward to because its Pierce fricking Brosnan.

Aldis Hodge looks really cool as Hawkman too.
Ya know for once honestly since he played james bond I am excited to see pierce in a movie. I would have never expected to see pierce and the rock fight in a comicbook movie

I don't care for Black Adam and have always found Johnson annoying (both in the only two movies I've seen him in and on talk shows and such), so I'm pretty much the target audience. :o

But trying to be as objective as I can, I will repeat what has been said 100 times, but the film still looks extremely generic. Like Shazam, ironically.
Visually it looks really clunky and stodgy. Ironically again, it actually reminds me of the Snyder Cut (I love the touch Snyder had on Watchmen but in his DCEU movies I feel like he lost his grip progressively...). It looks hollow, weightless. That X-Mansion shot (I've been actually asked if it was a Marvel movie when watching the trailer) is "rough".
On a more positive note, I agree that Brosnan's charisma still seems to shine, but that won't really be a credit to the film itself...

I have no idea of the commercial potential of this movie. I don't hang out with anyone who's a fan of the movie's star, on forums like here the anticipation seems a bit low and on online articles the movie seems to be getting bashed beforehand.
But for now, what I see comforts me in the idea that the genre may have come full circle, for the most part. I sincerely have a hard time seeing a substantial difference between a lot of thing released in the last 5 or 6 years (if not more) and movies like Fantastic 4 or Batman Forever. And now, this Black Adam already seems, to me, in that same category as Venom or Moebius. Projects that are more or less 20 years behind in this recipe of being vaguely based on a comic book property, in reality a pretext for the film stars antics.
Or maybe I'm just a young bitter old man... :funny:

In the last few hours,
I have seen people going Nuts on Youtube.
Because they believe that one line "There is no one on the planet who can stop me."alludes to Henry Cavill's Superman.
IF Henry is in this film, it's in a post credit scene, IMO.
Just my thoughts.

The line made me think Superman would be in it as well...but I highly doubt if Cavill was involved it would not have leaked already.

Early tracking is encouraging. This one has a potential to make as much if not more in China than domestic since there is a CBM drought in China thanks to an unofficial MCU blanket ban and The Rock.

For reasons mysterious to me The Rock is a huge draw in China. I won’t be surprised it makes north of $200m in China alone.

It's funny how from the very first look of this a year ago, I thought it had the potential to be the best thing the DCEU has offered since WW (2017).

After all the abysmal trailers though, I now have zero hype and probably won't bother to see it. It looks like a generic copy of any other CBM there (to even specific scenes copied over) with nil personality of its own.

Which sadly means it will be more successful. the majority of the audience wants homogenization...

Bought my tickets for an 10:00 am showing IMAX opening day.

I question how many casual moviegoers even know if this movie, EXISTS!
Yeah I have to admit there definitely doesn’t seem like there is any type of hype for this. Box Office is tracking decent enough though we’ll see I guess.

At Last, We Have ONE THING That We Can Say About Black Adam, Definitively.
Lorne Balfe Did His Job, AGAIN!
Check Out The Mission Impossible Fallout Score People.
That Music Feels As If , IT CAME TO LIFE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"