Black Panther: Casting Update

How do they plan to fit Cage/Panther/Ant-Man, Fury and Cap America all by 2010? Someone has to bit the dust... I think Ant-Man and Fury will bite the dust... I don't think an Ant-Man solo would make anything so save his character for Avengers... and if Fury as a cameo in IM what's the point of a solo...

Ejiofor can pull off Black Panther. He was GREAT in Children on Men - a truly great movie that everyone here should see. I know Hounsou is the fan favorite, but this guy is ten years younger, and an extremely talented actor. I'd be more than satisfied if he got the part.

I wouldn't mind if they could incorporate Djimon as T'Challa's father King T'Chaka, and important role, since his death spurs T'Challa to become the next king..

they should incorporate the scripts from R. Hudlin's recent run, some very nice character moments for king T'Chaka attending the 'G-8' summit..

Some of you gus called this waayyyy back.....

This guy is such a talented actor. He's quickly become one of my favorites. He's excellent in "Children Of Men" and "Inside Man" and tore it up in "Serenity". And if you ever want to see an actor put on a master's class on acting way outside of your comfort zone check out "Kinky Boots". He devours that film as a gay drag queen and he does it so convincingly and with so much charm and style that it's just mesmerizing to watch his performance. His next film is called "Red Belt" where he'll be showing off his jiujitsu skills to the max. He's a great actor and I wouldn't be disappointed at all to see him take on the roll of T'Challa. I like Himonsou as well. Either of them would be great.

jag

Oh, i saw that! Yeah, this guy definitely knows what he's doing. Marvel would be very lucky to get him for Black Panther. :up:

How do they plan to fit Cage/Panther/Ant-Man, Fury and Cap America all by 2010? Someone has to bit the dust... I think Ant-Man and Fury will bite the dust... I don't think an Ant-Man solo would make anything so save his character for Avengers... and if Fury as a cameo in IM what's the point of a solo...

It'll be Fury. I believe he will have cameos in many upcoming Marvel movies...no need for a feature film any time soon.

Nobody said all by 2010. Feige just said those were the 5 that they'd pull 2 from for 2009. Most likely 2 of the remaining 3 will be for 2010. However if Luke Cage or Black Panther is ready 1st then we might see a new 5 for 2010. Nick Fury will happen as will Ant-Man. When is the question...not if.

You know, I never would have thought about this guy or considered him for the role (probably because I can't say or spell his damm name), but he gave a great performance in Serenity, and I was impressed with him.

The man can do action, and he's a very good actor. He also plays Denzel's sidekick in the movie Inside Man. I'd say he's an actor who's star is on the rise, and the Black Panther might be a great role for him.

My personal pick all along has been Djimon Honshou, but I'll take Chiwetel Ejiofor for the role if he's offered it.

BRAVO! Exactly who I had in mind. ...Marvel always doing the right thing :o

ejiofor.jpg

Wait a minuate, what one motherf%^&*%$ minuate!!! When in the hell did Singleton get attached to BP? When did this happen? How and why did I miss this news? SWEET JESUS THIS IS TERRIABLE NEWS. I DO NOT LIKE JOHN SINGLETON. This man makes ghetto shyt. Let him direct crap about drug dealing street thugs like that new movie he's been promoting, or crap like Hustle & Flow that was so praised, which he produced. He has not made a movie that I enjoyed except for Boyz in the hood. Oh my god what is marvel thinking? If they want or have to have a black director and they don't need one, but Antoine Fuqua would be my top pic. The man is a good director, who has been saddled with mediocre to just entertaining scrips, but he is quite competent.

Oh lord my hopes for BP just when in the toilet. I suspect the news will get worse as this project moves along. I guess next we'll be hearing that Hudlin is involved in the writting duties.

On a positive note Chiwetel Ejiofor is a good choice for BP, but Lord i do not want Singleton on this project. Marvel please keep Chiwetel Ejiofor in mind for BP, but dump Singleton and her Fuqua.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is a very good actor. This man has been good in everything that i've seen him in. Just saw him in Talk to Me(good movie by the way) and he was great in it. Him and Don Cheadle had great chemistry. I never thought of him for BP, but he would be great. Just hope marvel dumps Singleton. Having Singleton on board is like any comic fim being announced to get the movie treatment, but the studio is FOX.

Eh?

The guy is a bit on the porky side. Look at his face!

He is a good actor though.

Porky???? This guy is slim, where did you see him porky at? Better get your glasses checked or get some. If anything he needs to hit the gym to put on some muscle.

Why on earth are they giving Singleton two adaptations to handle when he can't even get Luke Cage started? :confused:

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH SINGLETON ON BOARD THIS PROJECT????????
WHEN IN THE HELL DID EVERYONE BECOME SINGLETON FANS ALL OF A SUDDEN?

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH SINGLETON ON BOARD THIS PROJECT????????

I hope this doesn't get turned into a "race" thing, like the Black Panther comic book. It's insulting to both blacks and whites (and every race and ethnicity) to take a hero with general appeal, and try to put him in a niche, simply because of the color of his skin.

Now I'm fine with Luke Cage being done that way, cause it's part of his character. Luke is an african american. T'Challa is an african. HUGE difference.

I'm primarily of german ethnicity, but it doesn't mean they should make a movie about a german guy who sits around his parents house in the suburbs, posting on a superhero board.

I hope this doesn't get turned into a "race" thing, like the Black Panther comic book. It's insulting to both blacks and whites (and every race and ethnicity) to take a hero with general appeal, and try to put him in a niche, simply because of the color of his skin.

Now I'm fine with Luke Cage being done that way, cause it's part of his character. Luke is an african american. T'Challa is an african. HUGE difference.

I'm primarily of german ethnicity, but it doesn't mean they should make a movie about a german guy who sits around his parents house in the suburbs, posting on a superhero board.

The Black Panther should be involved in global issues of a political nature. I don't want to see him involved in racially themed issues. The only exception I would make is if it were somehow connected to the South African thing. However, Wakanda is not close to SA, so that's unlikely.

The Black Panther should be involved in global issues of a political nature. I don't want to see him involved in racially themed issues. The only exception I would make is if it were somehow connected to the South African thing. However, Wakanda is not close to SA, so that's unlikely.

Yeah...Black Panther should be involved with global issues, and fighting Ulysses Klaw. Pure and simple.

My first choice was also Antoine but I wouldn t say John Singleton is a bad choice. hustle and flow was ok. And something tells me that he did only thugs movie because that what he was offered. Maybe with black panther he ll have the opportunity to prove otherwise.

After I first saw Serenity, I've been a big fan of Chiwetel. He's got great range, real talent, and I'm 100% onboard with him being Black Panther.
Physically, I think Djimon Honsou would be better, and he was my first pick, but after this I think I prefer Chiwetel.

My first choice was also Antoine but I wouldn t say John Singleton is a bad choice. hustle and flow was ok. And something tells me that he did only thugs movie because that what he was offered. Maybe with black panther he ll have the opportunity to prove otherwise.

I don't think Singleton will do a BAD job. I think he'll do a good or at least adequate job with the properties if he directs them. And I use the word "if" purposefully, because he's been doing an awful lot of producing lately and I half wonder if he'll hand off the directorial reigns to someone else on this and/or Luke Cage when it's all said and done. Fuqua would be a great choice, btw.

jag

Four Brothers was great too. Singleton could do fine with either. Black Panther is a more difficult job than Luke Cage though.

Four Brothers was great too. Singleton could do fine with either. Black Panther is a more difficult job than Luke Cage though.

Four Brothers was very well done, but I've avoided bringing it up because some people are complaining that Singleton only knows how to do gritty, urban films and that film sort of falls under that category. Luke Cage fits pretty well into that mold, really. Panther is a whole different story. I think he's capable of it if he wanted to do something bigger and more epic like Panther is really meant to be.

jag

Directors when given the opportunity can make great strides in their career. Raimi was just known for his horror films before Spidey.

Nothing I've seen from Singleton gives me any faith he can do a proper Black Panther film.

Luke Cage, maybe, but only if he'd quit his childish man-crush on Tyrese Gibson. That guy can not act, and is not a good choice in the lead role.

Fuqua, Proyas... there are much better choices for BP out there than Singleton.

Dear lord in heaven, people are actually making excuses for Singleton. This project is doomed. The final nail in the coffin is gonna be when they announce that Reginald Hudlin is on board to share in the scripting duties, and Singleton knows him to.

My god I hope marvel reads these boards and drops Singleton, and Hudlin, although not involved(yet) is a terriable writer. He made BP about race, turned doom into a racist, and took away Storm's regalness, and turned her into a Beyonce. I can't in some instances what passes for black talent these days in the entertainment industry.

John Singleton is an awful choice to direct a BP film. Maybe i'm being to hard on him, but i've not liked a movie from this man but Boyz in the Hood. Four brothers was probably his best 2nd film that I wasn't turned off by, but that still wasn't a good movie. It was midly entertaining. Why does marvel feel they need a black director? John Singleton doesn't know anymore about African culture then a white director. He's american. I'm also not convinced that this man will get T'Challa right. I don't want to see a BP film where he's talking racial issues or trying to get some racial messages across. Hey those films are needed sometimes and I'm one to stand up against racism and is for black issues, but i don't need to see it in a Superhero film. This is what i fear singleton will do, and not to mention the man just isn't a good director. Well in my opinion anyway. I think he's capable, but his mentality seems to stem to more urban shoot em mentality. His latest film that he's producing is some type of drug and shoot em urban film with latinos in the lead. This man is just wrong wrong wrong.

Please marvel get us Antoine Fuqua or Spike Leee who is an excellant director, but only if he is made to see that he can't go off into racial issues and understand what BP is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"