• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Black Panther costume thread

Hands down, one of the best superhero costumes translated from the comes i've ever seen! :eek:

black-panther-comic-origins.jpg

That could be T'Chaka's costume. That'd be really cool.

That costume is awesome! Hands down one of the best to concept art designs for a costume.

Oh don't worry about showing more of the face, be lucky if he has the mask on for more than 5 minutes in a row.
yeah! if freaking captain america cant keep his on for that long i seriously dont expect panther to have that full face one on for half of the movie! eventually i see Klaw blasting it off with his sound appendage!.. but i aint choosy!i will take what they give me( within reason... i dont want "STEEL" hahaha) :cwink:.. at least "4 minutes" to bask in the awesomeness of T'challa and that bad ass concept costume!

That costume is so godamned perfect..i really wouldnt mess with it..if anything. Just add some gold accents and that short cape for ceremonial purposes but thats it.

yeah! if freaking captain america cant keep his on for that long i seriously dont expect panther to have that full face one on for half of the movie! eventually i see Klaw blasting it off with his sound appendage!.. but i aint choosy!i will take what they give me( within reason... i dont want "STEEL" hahaha) :cwink:.. at least "4 minutes" to bask in the awesomeness of T'challa and that bad ass concept costume!

I hope Panther is the exceptipn to the mask rule.

Here is an idea, please don't bite my head off, but what if the suit is made with high tech cutting edge Wakandan tech, but is actually quite low tech? So it's got the vibranium weave thing going on, and the claws, he has a supply of V-Daggers... But that's it for the suit. No computer interface, no HUD, no thermo / infared vision built in? T'chall makes that work though. He's a genius that doexn't need an onboard computer, he does all the calculations he needs in his head. He has no need for night vision or the HUD because the herb has enhanced his senses. He himself has night vision and a sense of smell like a panther. He of course uses tech throughout the film and we may even see him invent some stuff, but the suit itself is old school. You could even have a convo with Iron Man about it.

IM: So... The mask doesn't have a heads up display? No sensors? No...

BP: Stark... It is not the weapon, but the man that wields the weapon that makes all the difference. As Captain Rogers has his shield so do I make due with my claws.

This could also be a distinction between the two genius characters. Stark drops quips. T'challa drops WISDOM.

Last edited:
please don't bite my head off,
WHAT!!! WHY HOW DARE YOU USE SUCH BLASPHEMY!:argh: why you should be STONED! hehe sorry bro i couldnt resist!:cwink:
but is actually quite low tech
i am cool with i like that man makes the suit not the other way around! only i want the country to be Technology civilization par excellence but his suit doesnt have to be!

Im also for low tech. I want a man and a vibranium weave suit. No computer tech stuff.

I want genius tchalla so im all in for some high tech stuff. Not everything though.

WHAT!!! WHY HOW DARE YOU USE SUCH BLASPHEMY!:argh: why you should be STONED! hehe sorry bro i couldnt resist!:cwink:
i am cool with i like that man makes the suit not the other way around! only i want the country to be Technology civilization par excellence but his suit doesnt have to be!

For sure. Wakanda should be a sort of "fifteen minutes into the future" type deal. Remote drones fly all over delivering food and packages. Kids arrive to school from remote villages via V-Tol air buses. Even the oldest looking woman dressed in traditional garb at the farmers market uses a holo display PDA/IPad/tablet device while haggling for the best price on genetically enhanced fruits and vegetables. Wakanda went electric with it's cars thirty years ago, ect.

All that would be a nice contrast to Panther still kicking it old school with the suit. It's Vibranium and so are his hand weapons, but anything high tech BP uses is external to the suit itself. Maybe Panther can even be like, "When my father was alive I told him all the new things I could add to his armor. Computer interfaces, sensors, particle beam weapons... He would have none of it. The King must be the example, he said. He thought the Wakandans would be tempted to grow soft in spirit if the reliance of technology were to become what it is in the rest of the world. I didn't understand then, because I was a prince... I understand now, because I am a King."

For sure. Wakanda should be a sort of "fifteen minutes into the future" type deal. Remote drones fly all over delivering food and packages. Kids arrive to school from remote villages via V-Tol air buses. Even the oldest looking woman dressed in traditional garb at the farmers market uses a holo display PDA/IPad/tablet device while haggling for the best price on genetically enhanced fruits and vegetables. Wakanda went electric with it's cars thirty years ago, ect.

All that would be a nice contrast to Panther still kicking it old school with the suit. It's Vibranium and so are his hand weapons, but anything high tech BP uses is external to the suit itself. Maybe Panther can even be like, "When my father was alive I told him all the new things I could add to his armor. Computer interfaces, sensors, particle beam weapons... He would have none of it. The King must be the example, he said. He thought the Wakandans would be tempted to grow soft in spirit if the reliance of technology were to become what it is in the rest of the world. I didn't understand then, because I was a prince... I understand now, because I am a King."

Well, you are thinking of a situation where Wakanda is further along the tech tree than the rest of the world. This isn't entirely the case, Wakanda has advanced tech, but it is on a different path from the rest of the world. It won't necessarily have tablets and drones etc

Well, you are thinking of a situation where Wakanda is further along the tech tree than the rest of the world. This isn't entirely the case, Wakanda has advanced tech, but it is on a different path from the rest of the world. It won't necessarily have tablets and drones etc

It will have the equivalent of such things in a modern CBM I suspect. I am not expecting T'challa's Time Frog or the like in this. People have put out the idea of it being presented like an even more technologically advanced Japan, with it's traditions and culture mostly intact but with tech that's further refined and integrated into normal life than 95% of the rest of the world. That sounds right to me.

I dunno, I don't want to see Wakanda just be Earth in 15 years. If Wakanda developed isolated from the rest of the world until now, they would have a lot of different technology going on.

I think Wakanda should draw heavily from the likes of Nairobi and Lagos, like the framework and general structure of those cities, but imagined with infinite wealth and resources, thrust forward from the developing world to the peak of advancement while still feeling authentically African. I don't think "advanced" should mean it becomes like Japan or wherever. It should feel both futuristic and authentically African.

I dunno, I don't want to see Wakanda just be Earth in 15 years. If Wakanda developed isolated from the rest of the world until now, they would have a lot of different technology going on.

But it can't be so different as to have no point of reference for the audience, other wise nothing would have any meaning. Even 15-30 years advancement could be huge. Nano tech, meta materials, cybernetics... Wakanda could be decades ahead but people in the audience would easily get it.

I think Wakanda should draw heavily from the likes of Nairobi and Lagos, like the framework and general structure of those cities, but imagined with infinite wealth and resources, thrust forward from the developing world to the peak of advancement while still feeling authentically African. I don't think "advanced" should mean it becomes like Japan or wherever. It should feel both futuristic and authentically African.

Well... Those cities you mentioned are like any city in the modern world, not so different from an American or Japanese city. And Japan is a society that is over flowing with tech. But the real point of comparison is the culture. A culture integrating new and old. Like in my example, Wakandans go down to the farmers market like they've done for centuries, but the farms grow robust, genetically enhanced fruits and the average grandmother going there to buy uses Wakandans made PDA/tablets to find the sellers with the best deals ect. The clothing, the tech, all made in Wakanda and reflecting the Wakandans culture. I am confused that any of this would be at all controversial. If you think you'll be getting a direct adaptation of Panther's early appearances in the FF, I am sorry to say, my gut tells me you will be disappointed.

I don't know why people use Japan as a reference, they openly traded and were influenced by Europeans from the 1850s and even before they still traded slightly with England and the Dutch East India Company and studied various western books. And they only had mild progress it wasn't till postwar they started to catch up with the west in terms of industry and technology.

Also Krypton I get what you mean with enhanced crops and such, I just don't know if I want to see them using tablets or mobile phones or anything like that, it would seem kind of an easy way to go to just advance tech 10-15 years and leave it at that.

IM: So... The mask doesn't have a heads up display? No sensors? No...

BP: Stark... It is not the weapon, but the man that wields the weapon that makes all the difference.

That would be a really, really cool exchange.

I would want BP to have the Kimiyo Card though. As you said, external from the suit but still BP should be wielding some tech.

Last edited:
Change nothing. That is perfect!!:hubba

That would be a really, really cool exchange.

I would want BP to have the Kimiyo Card though. As you said, external from the suit but still BP should be wielding some tech.

I think that some sort of in story justification helps to explain why a dude as brilliant as Stark isn't himself walking around with lasers and mini missiles ect. on his own suit? Why? Cause of Wakandan tradition, the legacy of his father and cuz T'challa is just that badasss. That works for me. Wakanda will be brimming with tech, Panther's military should figure in too and we should see T'challa working on crazy tech at some point in the movie as well, so. I know that he will be surrounded by enough to get across the sci fi angle inherent in the BP idea.

I do wonder if they will go with Wakanda always being so far ahead or with T'challa himself taking their already high standard of living and bringing it to the next level?

First off, finally one of my favorite heroes is getting his own film so kudos to MS for making this dream come true. The suit looks absolutely perfect and I hope they don't change a thing.

Just wanted to pop in and say I love the costume they went with in the concept art, and I hope the practical version is very close to that.

Perfect doesn't even begin to describe this design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"