Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

I didn't know people still post here. Congrats to BP for the win. I'm rooting for this movie to take home production design, costume design, original score and sound editing at the Oscars. I wasn't actively rooting for it to win best picture, but after seeing the unnecessary hate its getting from jealous fans I want it to win, just so I can watch them loose it. Lol.

I find it interesting that radio reports that covered the story this morning described the film as "A movie about a fictional African country grappling with its place in the world", leaving out the superhero aspect altogether.

Wxxqe16.jpg

:hrt:

So according to at least Angela Bassett’s husband, Killmonger will be in the sequel

Over the weekend at the SAG Awards, Angela Bassett was asked if everyone would be returning for the sequel, to which she said: “I would assume so.” Courtney B. Vance, her husband, then chimed in with: “Yes, just go ahead and say it, yes. Everyone will be there. Just yes, yes.” And finally, just to make absolutely sure everyone was on the same page, he added: “Including Michael B., yes.”

Michael B. Jordan Will Reportedly Return For Black Panther 2

I'm starting to think that if Black Panther had Infinity War's CGI or Fallout's action it would win Best Picture. Seriously.

Its gotta be tearing Feige up a bit huh?

So according to at least Angela Bassett’s husband, Killmonger will be in the sequel

I can see it. MBJ was a big part of the movie success, we didn’t see him get thrown in the ocean and honestly if Coogler wants it, no way in hell Feige says no.

I'm starting to think that if Black Panther had Infinity War's CGI or Fallout's action it would win Best Picture. Seriously.

Its gotta be tearing Feige up a bit huh?

I’m not too sure. The critics seem to care less about the CGI or action, and it’s getting the highest appraisals regardless.

Well, if Wonder Woman can bring back Steve Trevor in WW84, then I don't see why BP2 can't do the same for Killmonger. Besides, Coogler never makes a movie without his buddy, anyway.

Not really going to take Vance's word as he isn't involved in any way (that we currently know of, at least). But if Killmonger does return hopefully it's just flashbacks and/or him appearing in the spiritual realm.

I'm really not liking some of the "if it wasn't an all black cast, it wouldn't even be considered" takes I've been reading. The blackness of the movie is part of the story it's telling. The argument that if it were just a movie with white people means the story itself would be fundamentally different. I'm not arguing it should win or even have been nominated, but dismissing that it only got nominated because of the ethnicity of the cast is really downplaying its achievement.

You guys think they might cast more African actors/actresses in the sequel? Probably small roles; but still counts.

Could the plot involve more of Wakanda's neighbors or mention more of Africa itself?

He might be filming flashback scenes. If he comes back from the dead I'll have mixed feelings.

Character resurrections are always corny. I'd rather they kept him alive. Have him fall in a coma or something.

That being said, they can always explain Killmongers return as the power of the heart shaped herb keeping his body in some kind of life support stasis.

Also Killmonger has come back to life in the comics before so at least it's faithful to the source material

Technically Erik had the power of the Panther so I don’t know if that means his spirit would be in the nether realm along with the others.

I really don't want him back, but if Coogler wants killmonger back I trust he will handle it well.

Maybe have one of the Wakandan tribes resurrect Killmonger wanting him to be Black Panther after TChallas bad decision helping out his Avenger friends, which led to the deaths of many people.

I dunno but it will need a good explanation if MBJ comes back

I don’t believe Coogler would resurrect Killmonger but I could see him using Killmonger as a hallucination or a cameo in the Ancestral Plane.

I doubt MBJ is returning. It's just actors speaking freely. MBJ is busy with loads of projects.

Oscar gave Best Picture to Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan; it doesn't really give the award to the movie that deserves it the most. With that said, I think BP is about as deserving as any of them since it's nominated, but everybody knows that Best Picture will probably be given to Roma anyway.
Panther has at least one aspect that is objectively"not great"

This is why I think Feige is kicking himself. Because if you remove the obvious flaw....heck they might have just given them the oscar.

As of now yes Roma will win.

Black Panther was never going to win Best Picture. The Academy will never let a superhero movie win.

Should win:
ROMA, A Star Is Born or The Favourite.

Should NOT win:
Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody :loco:.

It's predicted that Green Book will win.

Black Panther was never going to win Best Picture. The Academy will never let a superhero movie win.

Should win:
ROMA, A Star Is Born or The Favourite.

Should NOT win:
Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody :loco:.

It's predicted that Green Book will win.

The pickin's are slim this year if Black Panther does win it wont be as upsetting as most people think. Hasn't been any movie that is far above the pack this year.

So, what are the cast up to before the sequel starts filming next year. I saw Chadwick has a cop film out this July.

Winston Duke and Lupita Nyong'o are in that Jordan Peele horror film, Us, that comes out in a couple months. I want to say Danai Gurira is doing a play this year, and John Kani and Florence Kasumba are in The Lion King.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"