Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Considering the reactions I am seeing for the teaser (which was beautifully done and I cannot rave enough about Ms Bassett), I really think people are going to show up and show out for this.

On another note, it really warms my cold heart to see this many talented black women take center stage and lead in a major Hollywood CBM. It’s unfortunate that it took losing Chadwick Boseman for this to happen, but it’s a sight to behold.

I cannot wait for November.

Based on the trailer, the film doesn't look as bad as I thought it would when Chadwick died.

Also, when Queen Ramonda said that she was without her family, I would assume that Shuri is more "missing" than dead.

I mean, it's the Multiverse saga. If they really wanted to they could bring in another T'Challa from another universe down the line.

They finally confirm Namor, but won't confirm Werewolf by Night for some reason.

Prologue music...? I haven't followed the MCU stuff for over a year now (stopped after the first episode of Loki, not out of dislike, it just wasn't capturing me to compel me enough to finish) with the exception of seeing Shang Chi, but I didn't know we're adding music to the list of canon media.

Either that's Shuri in the suit or Nakia at the end. Really hoping it's the latter....
Ditto... But we'll see. I have no idea what if any MCU developments have gone down that I need to be aware of going into this, so if an alt-world T'Challa is possible at this point, I don't know. If it's Nakia I'd be quite pleased; Shuri's my last pick but if they can make it make sense then tentative sure.

Considering the reactions I am seeing for the teaser (which was beautifully done and I cannot rave enough about Ms Bassett), I really think people are going to show up and show out for this.

On another note, it really warms my cold heart to see this many talented black women take center stage and lead in a major Hollywood CBM. It’s unfortunate that it took losing Chadwick Boseman for this to happen, but it’s a sight to behold.

This really had me in my feelings; obviously they've never had to deal with a situation like this, but it was a very poignant trailer and I think very beautifully done. Regardless of whether I think killing this version of T'Challa was the right move, the grief is about to be too real. Hearing that opening song just hit me...

I mean, it's the Multiverse saga. If they really wanted to they could bring in another T'Challa from another universe down the line.

This is potentially a big spoiler...

I heard a rumor that Nakia will reveal she had son with T'Challa by the end of this film. If that's the case, I'm assuming they'll pass the BP mantle to him when he's older.

Confirmation that T'Challa will be killed off in BP2. Really think they're making a mistake by not having T'Challa in the MCU. Feels very limiting for them for future films.

It would be limiting to assume they'll be limited at all. I think leaning into the tragedy and how much T'Challa (and Boseman) meant is absolutely the right play to have made. I think the reactions for that trailer only prove that point TBH.

Confirmation that T'Challa will be killed off in BP2. Really think they're making a mistake by not having T'Challa in the MCU. Feels very limiting for them for future films.

T'Challa has a lot of history, lessons, and arcs in the comics, that would be lost for a while.

I mean not having him meet F4 would suck.

I know Shuri took on the mantle for a while, in the comics.

Though in this MCU, these story arcs could be passed down to the next in-line character. See Falcon as an example.

Idk, it's a bold and risky move. But hey! No guts, no glory imo.

I think this is a similar sentiment that is shared, in a twisted way, with those that wanted the role to be recast. Because it was important to have "black male role models". But.. that was never the intention of Black Panther, and Boseman understood that. It was about what it meant to be black, black culture, and the black men and women that came before. The first movie was praised for its strong black women, Okoye became a fan favorite, the Dora Milaje, the villain, all of it. The women of Black Panther, of Wakanda, were front and center in Black Panther. I remember Boseman pointing that out and highlighting that on the press tour too. So yes, Black Panther will probably be passed down to a woman in this movie, but why can't black kids, regardless of gender, feel that a strong black superhero is someone to look up to? Even if they are a woman. Thank god for the strong women I looked up to as a kid that helped raise me. I might be miswording the point I am trying to make here, but women being highlighted here is not because Boseman has passed, they were shining from the beginning. And young boys & girls can look up to them just as much as T'Challa.

The trailer was nice. Can see how it could stir peoples’ emotions.

Certainly advertises that the film will be a more epic sequel. But, the lack of T’Challa really lowered the excitement I normally would have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"