Far From Home Spider-Man Sequel General Discussion and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those same rumors also say she'll actually be Black Cat with Jessica's name (Which wouldn't be shocking, given Ned/Ganke). But they also try to claim that Feige lied and the movie actually takes place BEFORE Infinity War, which makes absolutely zero sense.
Just read those new rumors and :barf: Jessica Drew In Name Only as Peter's love interest... just no. That would be awful.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure they're fake. I mean, Rhino again? Why would they use Rhino and not the already established Scorpion? Seems unlikely.

I wanna see more of the supporting cast for sure. Who cares if they're only characters "In name only"? I sometimes feel like an alien here, the only one who doesn't give a crap if Sony and Marvel don't slavishly follow the comics/other media or make radical changes. It doesn't matter as long as it's written well and acted well. Idgaf if they cast Kevin friggin' Hart as Kraven the Hunter, as long as it's a great performance with great motivation, what's the point in complaining?

Just read those new rumors and :barf: Jessica Drew In Name Only as Peter's love interest... just no. That would be awful.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure they're fake. I mean, Rhino again? Why would they use Rhino and not the already established Scorpion? Seems unlikely.
Plus Aunt May hardly being in it doesn't ring true. She'll be in it quite a bit as we know from how May discovers Peter is Spider-Man at the end of Homecoming that Peter and his aunt will be the main character focus of the sequel.

Yeah, if Jessica Drew is in the movie then actually make her Jessica Drew. No need to make her an in name only character. We don't need another "Michelle" type character. Plus Jessica has stipulations in the wider MCU in other movies.

That leaked plot is definitely fake

Jessica Drew would be great in it, though I'd prefer some Felicia Hardy/Black Cat but either are good since they havent shown up in any of the past films.

latest
If it was still 2013, Tyrel Jackson Williams would've made a great Miles.

I wanna see more of the supporting cast for sure. Who cares if they're only characters "In name only"? I sometimes feel like an alien here, the only one who doesn't give a crap if Sony and Marvel don't slavishly follow the comics/other media or make radical changes. It doesn't matter as long as it's written well and acted well. Idgaf if they cast Kevin friggin' Hart as Kraven the Hunter, as long as it's a great performance with great motivation, what's the point in complaining?

I feel like they're going to read this and be like, "hmmm..." :csad:

Well, see my thread on Stan Lee praising Tom Holland got deleted. Meant it as a positive...

Anyway, sequel looks promising. If going to do Sinister 6 do it with each character being a major player. Including Shocker after way he was more of a B-Player in Homecoming with multiple people assuming role I think is inadequate.

Last edited:
Mysterio as main villain and Vulture returning in some way. Amazing.

Yeah, if Jessica Drew is in the movie then actually make her Jessica Drew. No need to make her an in name only character. We don't need another "Michelle" type character. Plus Jessica has stipulations in the wider MCU in other movies.
Yeah, Hardy and Drew are two completely different characters, they're not interchangeable.

This second set of rumors is slightly better, though Field Trip would be such a generic title.

DeJmp_kW0AAaHpH

Yeah, Hardy and Drew are two completely different characters, they're not interchangeable.

This second set of rumors is slightly better, though Field Trip would be such a generic title.

DeJmp_kW0AAaHpH

Stark Industries stuff again?! Screw that! Hope this is fake.

They can't seem to escape Stark in these movies.

Going to be disappointing now if we don’t get Sinister 6 by the 4th film.

DeJmp_kW0AAaHpH

All of this sounds plausible except
the source knowing about the fishbowl helmet. We got a similar plot leak regarding Vulture in Homecoming and it didn't say anything about his design iirc. Also didn't they already say that Stark wasn't going to be in this?

Last edited:
Stark Industries stuff again?! Screw that! Hope this is fake.

No!... more Stark connections..? :csad: If I hear Peter say "Mr. Stark.." one more time, I'm going to slit my own wrists.

The rumor has it that the events of IW will create an alt timeline after the 'time travel' behind the scene pics that have been posted online. Seeing as how the Spider-Man sequel will occur after IW2, we may get a slightly different Peter, a slightly different Spider-Man suit (without the black markings, built in tech, etc)..and minimum, if any, Tony Stark influence.

I agree with you guys. The Stark stuff made perfect sense for Homecoming as they needed to establish from bat that this Spider-Man is in that world. But I want this movie to be more standalone and independent from the Stark shenanigans. No involvement from Iron Man and Lean more heavily into the comic book Spider-Man mythology.

And I hope Doctor Strange is the guest character this time. It would beautiful seeing two Ditko/Lee characters teaming up and he could teach Peter more about his powers. Like honing in his Spider-sense to fight Mysterio

Last edited:
Didn't Feige say Spider-Man 2 begins a few minutes after the end of Infinity War Part 2? Not that we know anything but I have a hard time believing Avengers 4 ends with a press conference. I mean, it doesn't seem like a memorable way to conclude the first era of the MCU. Particularly since all three Russos films end with unique character moments.

So filming starts next month right? The rumors about the villain being mystero are interesting and i cant wait to find out for 100% if that is true and to see how he looks if it is. When never we start getting Spiderman news i start to get exceted.

So filming starts next month right? The rumors about the villain being mystero are interesting and i cant wait to find out for 100% if that is true and to see how he looks if it is. When never we start getting Spiderman news i start to get exceted.

Feige said it starts in July. We'll probably get more casting news throughout June.

Right? Kinda bugs me in a way.

Homecoming: trip to DC for the decathalon.

Infinity War: Was on his way to a field trip

Sequel: Possible field trip to London?

C'mon...

Decathalon wasn't a field trip, it was a national competition. So assuming that he's in London on a Field Trip (No matter how clearly utter tripe those rumors are, that is still a possibility) that's two field trips in two years of school. That's far from out of the ordinary for my tiny rural high school in the middle of nowhere, much less an elite specialty school like Peter's academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"