Sequels Spider-Man Homecoming Sequel (2019) General Discussion

I just hope they keep going after 3 movies. Marvel seems to want to do no more than 3 solo films per character, but... it's Spider-Man... and Sony only gets money from the Spider-Man movies, so...

:whatever:
Scorpion/Kraven/Chameleon/Mysterio.

Any of those and I'm good.

Maybe not anything at this stage on Homecoming trailer but notice the poster in the background where Spidey confronts the goons wearing Avengers masks?

If you look closely you see the mans face on poster quite a few good clear shots however I got a slight tease when I saw the sentence below. We can protect you from identity theft. Maybe nothing but I'm not so sure!

Chameleon, Mysterio?

I just hope they keep going after 3 movies. Marvel seems to want to do no more than 3 solo films per character, but... it's Spider-Man... and Sony only gets money from the Spider-Man movies, so...

Sony is also able to make spin-off movies. So instead of making 'spider-man' movies, they could make movies that focus on Agent Venom etc.

Sony is also able to make spin-off movies. So instead of making 'spider-man' movies, they could make movies that focus on Agent Venom etc.
My guess is that Sony wants to make spin-offs so they can continue making money off of Spider-Man after 3 movies are up. Marvel may want to hold off on a second trilogy for a while and only use Spider-Man for their other MCU films.

If you look closely you see the mans face on poster quite a few good clear shots however I got a slight tease when I saw the sentence below. We can protect you from identity theft. Maybe nothing but I'm not so sure!

Chameleon, Mysterio?

I'm hopeful!

Would be cool if Zemo got his Bucky disguise from Chameleon.

To each their own, for certain. There's definitely potential there, I'm just not super excited about seeing Scorpion. I was way more excited when I heard we were getting Vulture than I would be to hear that tbh.

Scorpion's just always been one of my favorite Spidey villains and I think he'd be a great fit and make sense in the MCU. Tech based and it'd offer a change from the aerial fight scenes that we'll probably get with Vulture.

Plus I've never really enjoyed Mysterio and Kraven doesn't really excite/I] me. So if they decide they wanna use another villain that hasn't been used yet, I think Scorpion should/will/has been heavily considered.

Try again now. I know the entire site was down for a while yesterday but it's good now.

Because he played the character in a different franchise. It's confusing continuity wise and would be a little jarring.

Because he played the character in a different franchise. It's confusing continuity wise and would be a little jarring.
This has been done before. Judi Dench portrayed M in both the Brosnan Bond films, and the Daniel Craig rebooted Bond franchise. It might bother some people, but I'd welcome J.K. back with open arms! His casting is some of the best in CBM history. Each of the Raimi films were perfectly cast. For the most part... :sym:

I don't see how it would be jarring. It's just casting an actor in a role that suits him.

I don't see how it would be jarring. It's just casting an actor in a role that suits him.

It could definitely confuse the GA.

I'm neither for or against it. I love J.K. and he's the perfect JJJ, but I'd welcome a new take on the character as long as it doesn't suck.

It could definitely confuse the GA.

I'm neither for or against it. I love J.K. and he's the perfect JJJ, but I'd welcome a new take on the character as long as it doesn't suck.

If we have to have a new J. Jonah Jameson then Peter Capaldi should play him as a toned down, American Malcolm Tucker.

This will be the first movie following IFW, and if we keep it in real time means that Pete would in college. He's now 16 and this movie seems to immediately follow CW which could put it in the 2016-2017 timeline so 2019 would mean he's 19.

Maybe following IFW he prepares for college, then we intro Dr. Conners (not Lizard), if they're bringing in MJ or Gwen this would be the time. Also if they plan on using Harry this would be the place to introduce him as Pete's college roommate. Could see Silvermane working with Conners. Throw in some low level thugs, or Hobgoblin acting on the crime syndicates behalf. It would also be a decent time to try out Black Cat. King Pin would be awesome here at the end as a flash of what's to come.

I'd say they get one more with Pete as an undergrad or he could go for a masters. Kraven and some of the more bio engineered villians would come in as Pete gets his masters meaning Doc Ock etc. This is also where I'd put Green Goblin.

If there's a 4th that's when you bring in Venom. Maybe Pete is a PhD candidate.

Does anyone think Jon Watts will return for the sequel? Or will they go with a different director?

I guess it depends on the reception of SMH. But if they got a different director, who would you guys prefer? I wouldn't mind Joss Whedon coming back to do a Spider-Man film. He's had a break from the avengers now and this would be a smaller project in comparison for him. Otherwise, Sam Raimi coming back would be a dream.

Would be cool if Zemo got his Bucky disguise from Chameleon.

I actually kinda had a similar idea after seeing Civil War. it could certainly be an interesting time to add someone like Chameleon.

:woot:

Chameleon should definitely be considered for the future. It may be telling that he was skipped to go to Vulture but I love Chameleon and hope he can be used eventually. If not in the films, definitely whatever Marvel, Sony and Insomniac are working on for their Spider-Man PS4 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"