Sequels Spider-Man Homecoming Sequel (2019) General Discussion

Great news for what will be the best Spider-Man film franchise. I hope they cast J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson again.

Sony & Marvel have a lot of faith in the MCU Spidey thats for sure.

A July 2019 release date would make this the first film to get released after Avengers 4 (May 2019).

'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Set for 2019
Sony has set Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 for a July 5, 2019 release date.
Aaron Couch said:
Tom Holland stars as the Marvel hero in Spider-Man: Homecoming, which hits theaters July 7, 2017. Holland, who made his debut as the hero in this summer's Captain America: Civil War, has a six-picture deal to play the webslinger in three solo movies and three other appearances in Marvel Cinematic Universe films (such as an Avengers film).

The July 2019 release date for the Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel currently is the furthest date for the MCU, which also has an untitled Avengers 4 is set for May 3, 2019.
'Spider-Man': Tom Holland Reveals How Many Marvel Films He's Signed For
Aaron Couch said:
Holland says he's on board for three Spider-Man solo movies and three appearances as the web slinger in other Marvel Cinematic films. So far, he's already shot two of those films — this summer's Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

He'll probably extend or renew his contract before his 6 movies are even up.

No JK Simmons. As much as I love his portrayal of JJ, Marvel will not keep him around. Expect a new actor.

I wonder if there is a way to do Kraven well. He's the only member of the sinister six that hasn't appeared yet I think. Oh except Mysterio. Ah Mysterio. Now if they could pull him off go for it!

Of course there is a way to do Kraven well.

Scorpion/Kraven/Chameleon/Mysterio.

Any of those and I'm good.

I would love to get a villain like Kraven, mainly because it would involve a lot of close-up hand-to-hand combat. More of what we got with the final battle in SM1.

I really want to see villains that could make for some cool fight scenes. I never liked giant sandman in SM3 because it made him feel less threatening. I wanted more of him in his human sized form fighting Spider-Man, but the two main fights with Sandman were so short. Maybe we'll see this villain again, but probably not unless they go for Sinister Six.

I really want to see villains that could make for some cool fight scenes. I never liked giant sandman in SM3 because it made him feel less threatening. I wanted more of him in his human sized form fighting Spider-Man, but the two main fights with Sandman were so short. Maybe we'll see this villain again, but probably not unless they go for Sinister Six.

What I want to see is Scorpion as the big bad in this one. Imagine a Spidey/Scorpion fight scene in the snow :hmr:

Maybe have Smythe in there as well, I wouldn't really be a big fan of seeing the "Spider Slayers" but Smythe could serve some kind of role, unless they just use J. Jonah.

I got shot down for saying Scorpion would be a Lizard ripoff but I honestly don't see what would differentiate them besides the mechanical appendage. As for the look, I hope they lean closer to Ultimate Scorpion:
Scorpult.jpg

I like Scorpion, but I'm not clamoring to see him on film.

Rather have Mysterio for sure.

Scorpion has a much different backstory, and his mechanical suit gives him different abilities from that of Lizard.

If you're doing Lizard, it's all about the Jekyll and Hyde complex, and the idea that he has a family he cares about.

With Scorpion, I would totally go the route of involving him with getting created by J. Jonah Jameson.

Scorpion has a much different backstory, and his mechanical suit gives him different abilities from that of Lizard.

If you're doing Lizard, it's all about the Jekyll and Hyde complex, and the idea that he has a family he cares about.

I think he just means the optics and fighting.

Green tails and a lot of the same combat that lends itself to a Spider-Man/Lizard fight, visually.

Scorpion, in a way, could be a mix between Lizard and Doc Ock...sorta/kinda. Fighting style wise.

Scorpion is much more tech based, obviously and I wouldn't want to see them go the experiment route with him.

The P.I. angle would be sort of cool to see too.

To each their own, for certain. There's definitely potential there, I'm just not super excited about seeing Scorpion. I was way more excited when I heard we were getting Vulture than I would be to hear that tbh.

I think they should stay away from the mutated scientist / scientist in robot armour trope. Too many spider-man villains that have been seen in movies use that. Green Goblin, Dr Octopus, The Lizard, Electro.

Especially for the general audience, these villains seem repetitive. I think there are a lot of villains that could be used / adopted in such a way that they are refreshing. Judging by the trailers, Adrian Thoomes will most likely not be a mad scientist, which is good.

There have been a lot of good suggestions for future movie villains (Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Chameleon) which I think are great ideas. Some I haven't heard yet but would love to see: Hydro-man and Morbius.

Mysterio is an interesting villain that should be done, and I think he will be. We haven't seen anything like him in the previous Spider-Man movies or the MCU in general, so I think he could be really fresh.

My only fear with Mysterio is that the fight scenes will be mediocre and the focus will be on imagery. I would hope that this villain would conjure something up that will give Spider-Man some cool fight scenes.

We had Jekyll and Hyde with Green Goblin in Spider-Man and Lizard in ASM. I'd lean more towards the Wolfman for Lizard if we ever see him again, which I always felt was a better fit for the character.

Some I haven't heard yet but would love to see: Hydro-man and Morbius.

I'd only wanna see Hydro-Man if they plan on skipping Sandman. Morbius, however, is a villain I like so I'd love to see him in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"