Black Panther: Wakanda Forever OFFICIAL SPOILERS THREAD

Absolutely! It's so different from recent MCU movies. I was also really impressed with how much it managed to feel like an event film as well. Can't wait to see it again!
Much more serious and sombre than the average MCU film while still having the scale of an event film. I’m very happy aside from losing Ramonda from future films.

I don't understand the obsession with seeing this T'Challa age up all of a sudden. If the MCU is still going in 15 years or so, which is not impossible, then he can take the mantle.

Shuri is now the Black Panther of the MCU. It is what it is.
People and money people are impatient. They want T'Challa now, hence the recast movement and fear he might not come back to either play with existing characters or fear it would happen after they got "blipped"

The thing with Cassie is that the 5 year jump affected everyone who wasn't snapped. It wasn't done with the only purpose of age her up.
If they do something like this again, just to have a male Black Panther, that would be completely stupid IMO.

Now, I'm not saying this is the case with everyone. Some people have genuine reasons to not be convinced of Shuri as BP.
But I'm also seeing other kind of people who, it seems, just don't want a female Black Panther. We literally just saw Shuri's "origin story". Her character story has now really begun. And people are rushing to say "Well maybe M'Baku can now be Black Panther", "Well, there's the 6 year old T'Challa. Let's find a way to age him up for the next film so he's an adult".
We have a Black Panther. No need to find another.

She was very much the main character in this movie, beginning to end, and she did quite fine.

Can't wait for Black Panther 3 to continue to see her story, and her bond with King M'Baku.
With targeted time travel available due to the Ant-Man stuff I think the grand plan is to age up T'Challa the second to be an appropriate age to be with Storm when the X-Men get up and running.

I'm kind if in the same boat. After seeing the level of care they took to dedicate this film to him I'm fine with it. And I hope we get Jr, in an active role soon.

It would be nice if they cast an unknown for the role of Adult T'Challa Jr in the future. That would be a good way to create a new star and let the actor get some shine of his own.

I'm still firmly against recasting
But I do think there were better choices for who should've taken up the cowl

Ignoring the non zero chance of Wright having to be replaced, Shuri did make logical sense. However, it was portrayed very, very poorly in the film on why she took up the mantle.

Angela was against her death and i agree. She didn't need to die.
Angela Bassett Shares Concerns About Ramonda's Arc in Black Panther 2
She should have been the Black Panther, not Shuri.
It would be nice if they cast an unknown for the role of Adult T'Challa Jr in the future. That would be a good way to create a new star and let the actor get some shine of his own.

Eh. New star or famous, anyone should be cast if they fit the role.

Ignoring the non zero chance of Wright having to be replaced, Shuri did make logical sense. However, it was portrayed very, very poorly in the film on why she took up the mantle.

I thought they did it really well. Nakia was a no go because she's too busy being a mother. Ramonda is just too old.

This was better than the first movie. Namor might be my favorite MCU villain. Every scene with him was amazing. The visuals reminded me of the music video for Deftones - Sextape

I hate to say it as a DC fan, but the depiction of Namor’s people and kingdom was superior to Aquaman. Great job Ryan Coogler. I know Namor was first so he deserves it.

This is one of the best MCU movies, I haven’t stopped thinking about it. It was too long though IMO. They could’ve cut 30-45 mins off and it would’ve been more digestible. Maybe the runtime will feel less cumbersome when viewing at home.

The scene where Namor descends to his throne was arguably the coolest MCU scene ever.

Honestly, Namor calling himself a "mutant" makes little sense and is kind of forced. In the sense of "mutant" used by the X-Men comics, he's *not* a mutant, any more than T'Challa or Shuri are mutants. He's the beneficiary of a semi-mystical empowerment.

The thing with Cassie is that the 5 year jump affected everyone who wasn't snapped. It wasn't done with the only purpose of age her up.
If they do something like this again, just to have a male Black Panther, that would be completely stupid IMO.

Now, I'm not saying this is the case with everyone. Some people have genuine reasons to not be convinced of Shuri as BP.
But I'm also seeing other kind of people who, it seems, just don't want a female Black Panther. We literally just saw Shuri's "origin story". Her character story has now really begun. And people are rushing to say "Well maybe M'Baku can now be Black Panther", "Well, there's the 6 year old T'Challa. Let's find a way to age him up for the next film so he's an adult".
We have a Black Panther. No need to find another.

She was very much the main character in this movie, beginning to end, and she did quite fine.

Can't wait for Black Panther 3 to continue to see her story, and her bond with King M'Baku.

I dont think the age T'Challa Jr thing up is a nobody wants a female Black Panter thing. I think a lot of it stems from the controversy surrounding Letitia Wright herself and not wanting to see her as the new face of the franchise based on those controversies. T'Challa Jr just happens to the be the most ideal candidate to be Black Panther other than her. I wouldn't mind if some time shenanigans happened and he got aged up by Kang or something, personally. Would actually be interesting from a story perspective seeing the character learn about his roots.

Honestly, Namor calling himself a "mutant" makes little sense and is kind of forced. In the sense of "mutant" used by the X-Men comics, he's *not* a mutant, any more than T'Challa or Shuri are mutants. He's the beneficiary of a semi-mystical empowerment.
I don't agree with logic, because he was born with his abilities regardless of where his mother got the power. Whereas T'challa and Shuri were not born with their capabilities they acquired them. The one rule about being a mutant is you're born with your genetic mutation. So he is a mutant.

I don't agree with logic, because he was born with his abilities regardless of where his mother got the power. Whereas T'challa and Shuri were not born with their capabilities they acquired them. The one rule about being a mutant is you're born with your genetic mutation. So he is a mutant.

The only definitions I've ever seen specifically requires you to possess the X-gene.

The only definition I've ever seen is that a mutant in Marvel is defined by carrying the X-gene.

It makes sense to define it to that specific gene since in a general scientific sense every living being is a mutant.
Perhaps the MCU will streamline that definition? The single type of mutation to be "a mutant" while others with mutations are not could get dodgy for the general audience. Outside of Deadpool did the X-Men movies have those with mutations that were not mutants?

Perhaps the MCU will streamline that definition? The single type of mutation to be "a mutant" while others with mutations are not could get dodgy for the general audience. Outside of Deadpool did the X-Men movies have those with mutations that were not mutants?

What the MCU does of course remains to be seen, I was just commenting on a post that said that there's just one rule for mutants, and it didn't align with what I remember.

As far as I remember the only ones that are said to have mutations (at least regarding humans on Earth) in the comics are the ones with the X-gene, so I don't think there are any other people that are said to have mutations that don't have that gene.

I edited out my second sentence before your post came up because I realized it isn't very relevant and it touches on things that just make things complicated, but the point of that was just lightly touching on real mutations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"