• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever OFFICIAL SPOILERS THREAD

How do they handle T'Challa's death? I'm curious what the in universe reason is.

We see the moment he dies at the beginning (obviously never on screen) as Shuri is desperate to recreate the heart shaped herb in a last effort to save him, but it's too late. They never mentioned the disease, in fact, the news reports say the King of Wakanda is dead because of an "undisclosed disease".

But the way it was handled, their reactions and such ("my brother kept it to himself until he reached out for my help...and then it was too late") sounds to me it was the same reason than in real life.

After all, if Wakanda had the cure for it and never shared it to the rest of the world, that would make them really terrible people :shrug:

Also I'm only now realizing when she goes "There's something I need to tell you about your brother..." but never finishes because of Namor's interruption was her about to tell Shuri about T'challa Jr. Which is honestly a little confusing because she doesn't bring it up again and one has to assume it after the post credit scene.
I imagine it's just that once Namor shows up Wakanda is under threat so they immediately have to deal with that, and telling Shuri about it then could be a distraction when the royal family has bigger things to worry about. And after that they're never really alone together.

"Or you can use a suit, we got plenty".

...why would they have plenty of diving suits? He specifically says that Shuri is the first human from land to see Talokan. That was very weird.
Did he use "plenty" specifically? I don't remember exactly but I thought he said something like "we got several". It's the same suit the divers that found the vibranium were wearing, so I imagine they just took those suits with them as resources they could potentially use for parts.

How do they explain why Shuri doesn’t see T’Challa in the ancestral plane but Erik instead?

How do they explain why Shuri doesn’t see T’Challa in the ancestral plane but Erik instead?

She was actually "calling" Ramonda. She's terrified when she sees Erik, as he goes "you called me". She denies it and says she'd never do such. Erik lets her know the reason she took the herb was out of wanting revenge, just like he did, and that's what makes them "more similar than she thinks". He pretty much challenges her: "Are you gonna be too noble like your brother, or are you gonna do what needs to be done like me?".

Later on when she lets Namor live, she does see Ramonda briefly on the ancestral plane.

I imagine it's just that once Namor shows up Wakanda is under threat so they immediately have to deal with that, and telling Shuri about it then could be a distraction when the royal family has bigger things to worry about. And after that they're never really alone together.

Oh, that I understand. I meant, I thought it was pointless to add that scene where she *almost* tells her.

Did he use "plenty" specifically? I don't remember exactly but I thought he said something like "we got several". It's the same suit the divers that found the vibranium were wearing, so I imagine they just took those suits with them as resources they could potentially use for parts.

I remember him saying "plenty" but I could be wrong. But anyways, I thought it was a little too convenient. It's just nitpicking after all.

Variety review has a major spoiler in it.

JLD shows up and is Everett Ross’ ex-wife
I don't get why they kept her appearance under wraps. She had already shown up twice before this, I feel like there was less of a secret about Thanos showing up in movies pre-Infinity War.

She was actually "calling" Ramonda. She's terrified when she sees Erik, as he goes "you called me". She denies it and says she'd never do such. Erik lets her know the reason she took the herb was out of wanting revenge, just like he did, and that's what makes them "more similar than she thinks". He pretty much challenges her: "Are you gonna be too noble like your brother, or are you gonna do what needs to be done like me?".

Later on when she lets Namor live, she does see Ramonda briefly on the ancestral plane.

Oh, that I understand. I meant, I thought it was pointless to add that scene where she *almost* tells her.

I remember him saying "plenty" but I could be wrong. But anyways, I thought it was a little too convenient. It's just nitpicking after all.
Thanks. I guess I can buy that reasoning. Does Erik acknowledge T’Challas death at all?

Thanks. I guess I can buy that reasoning. Does Erik acknowledge T’Challas death at all?

Not directly that I remember.
Shuri does blame him for both T'challa and Ramonda's deaths ("If you hadn't burned all the heart shaped herbs he'd still be with us!")

I pretty loved it. They did A LOT of world building with Namor which I appreciated, this is practically this film as well. The beginning, middle, and end are beautiful and sad. What they did here between 3-4 storylines vs. our cousins....well...yeah.

I will say though...I do not agree with Shuri being successful as Black Panther right out of the gate of suiting up. I actually think her ultimately winning against Namor was one of the weakest parts of the movie. The fight was great but her heart was in the wrong place and her being as great of a warrior as T'Challa....stretch. Girl literally got impaled and they handwave it so fast.

Also I DESPISE those new suits that Okoye and Aneka were given and hope that we never see them again.

Aneka didn't really serve that much of a purpose to the point where we didnt need her introduced in the film.

I really enjoyed it, that is how you do a sequel that just focuses on building the story for the franchise and not the big picture MCU story. I hope Coogler sticks around and does more, 2hrs 40 min maybe long for some but I preferred over the fast MoM and L&T but those stories felt empty IMO.

I think the introduction for Namor's people maybe one of the best in all of Marvel. That was creepy and suspenseful. I like how Namor was dealt with, he is not a true blue hero he was best by BP but yielded for a bigger goal. Wakanda has something the world wants and they will need Namor and his people help. If they keep asking too that will probably let Namor gain more power. I was pleased they didn't have someone pull strings or Attuma was not a villain yet like the comics.

The Wakanda stuff was well done, before the movie I was saying how I am likely going to have thoughts of what would it be like if T'Challa was around? I didn't think that much in this. Bassitt did so damn well every scene she had was amazing. She will for sure be missed in these movies.
Okoye is my favorite, funny and I felt for her when she was stripped of her title. I don't care for the new Predator looking get up though.
M'Baku in his limited time was good.
Loved seeing Nakia back Lupita looks amazing.

T'Challa Jr was a nice addition and lets us know they will recast. It will also probably provide the T'Challa that marries Storm since X-Men have not been introduced. Whatever happens in the Avengers movies will probably create another time jump.

In theory, you don’t need a time jump to age up someone. Not talking about the wonky age up/down machine in Endgame but the real life theory of interstellar time dilation. It takes some extreme gravitational conditions where no living being should survive but there is always this vibranium as protective material against the required gravity. One brief tour to a planet under the right conditions, he is back an adult on Earth (of course it is still 20 years for him on the other planet).

He does acknowledge that he died, but Shuri stops him from saying anything since he is negative.

In theory, you don’t need a time jump to age up someone. Not talking about the wonky age up/down machine in Endgame but the real life theory of interstellar time dilation. It takes some extreme gravitational conditions where no living being should survive but there is always this vibranium as protective material against the required gravity. One brief tour to a planet under the right conditions, he is back an adult on Earth (of course it is still 20 years for him on the other planet).
Well yeah if they go to Quantum Realm or some realm, but I don't think the planets have drastically different time and gravity. I think we have enough MCU planet material with GOTG, CM, and Thor to where it seems like that is not the case.

Interesting. So far all her appearances have been to get someone into the Thunderbolts.
Though I don't think this will be the case. Neither Shuri or Riri would accept.
She didn't really move much of her story I guess besides
being very happy if America got all the Vibranium. I guess the Thunderbolt movie or 3 BP will be all out war for the vibranium.

Edit to say actually it is the other way around, the earthlings are aged up when he returns according to the time dilation theory.

Last edited:
One thing that annoyed me a little.

"Or you can use a suit, we got plenty".

...why would they have plenty of diving suits? He specifically says that Shuri is the first human from land to see Talokan. That was very weird.
Probably took a bunch from that ship they attacked so they wouldn't be left for other soldiers. May strip them for parts.

I read a very accurate leak in July - I don‘t remember if it was 100% right, but it has a lot of things, that happened: Shuri meeting N‘Jdaka at the ancestral plains, Ramonda dying, M‘Baku being king in the end…

As a post credit scene it has Val saying something about an operation at the Antarctic (US Agent also being involved). So this could be indeed the plot of Thunderbolts - getting the vibranium from Savage Land, but it was cut in favour to the ending scene.

I read a very accurate leak in July - I don‘t remember if it was 100% right, but it has a lot of things, that happened: Shuri meeting N‘Jdaka at the ancestral plains, Ramonda dying, M‘Baku being king in the end…

As a post credit scene it has Val saying something about an operation at the Antarctic (US Agent also being involved). So this could be indeed the plot of Thunderbolts - getting the vibranium from Savage Land, but it was cut in favour to the ending scene.
The leaks are actually proving quite accurate so I imagine the ones about Quantumania are going to be the same way.

edit

No spoilers for upcoming films in this thread. Strictly Wakanda Forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
M‘Baku is not king, Shuri is just still not healed yet. She's bp and we dont if she wants to be queen yet. It's left open if she wants to be queen. Shuri still not 100% in good mental health yet. Loved Shuri's arc ,well written. Can't watch to watch it again. Good film that's directed and unlike most MCU films not shot like a sitcom.

M‘Baku is not king, Shuri is just still not healed yet. She's bp and we dont if she wants to be queen yet. It's left open if she wants to be queen. Shuri still not 100% in good mental health yet. Loved Shuri's arc ,well written. Can't watch to watch it again. Good film that's directed and unlike most MCU films not shot like a sitcom.
That's what I figured too. I think M'Baku is there as placeholder ruler of Wakanda until Shuri is ready.

Did anyones Preview Night have a special event or things being done? Once I got out of my showing there was a band doing African tribal music it was amazing. I didn't stay too long since it was a long day already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"