Black Panther: Wakanda Forever OFFICIAL SPOILERS THREAD

Angela Bassett owned this film. The movie came to a grinding halt for me once she was gone.

Yeah I cried as soon as Ramonda died because she didn't have to die but she went out like a warrior sacrificing herself to save Riri

With the change in origin for Namor, I was a bit confused how his "kingdom" grew to such large numbers. It seemed like in the flashback only a handful of people took part in being turned into "mer"folk. Could be they just didnt show everyone....or they just repopulate like bunnies.
I would go with they just didn't show everybody and possible later recruitment of cousins left behind while the colonizers were in the former homeland. Once in the sea with almost unlimited food resources and orcas guarding them from other predators, and vibranium tech and magic working for them like it does for Wakanda there is nothing to slow down any be fruitful and multiple desires

With the change in origin for Namor, I was a bit confused how his "kingdom" grew to such large numbers. It seemed like in the flashback only a handful of people took part in being turned into "mer"folk. Could be they just didnt show everyone....or they just repopulate like bunnies.

It's been like 500 years, personally didn't think the population growing that much was unrealistic.

- Now that Shuri basically becomes Queen of Wakanda after her mother Ramonda's death, then why would she leave Wakanda to surrender the throne? Especially when she should be the one ruling that country by sitting on the throne

- But with M Baku if he becomes King of Wakanda, then is he really willing to deal with all that comes with being king? He is going to have to sit in on meetings at the UN amongst other things and I don't think he's ever been outside of Wakanda if ever

- Toussaint what a powerful name well for his Haitian name but then naming him after his late father, T'Challa, I felt that was such a tribute to Chadwick by having T'Challa and Nakia's son named after him, but if T'Challa is being raised in Haiti, then what happens to the throne once he becomes of age?

- Her being next to the throne doesn't mean she's forced to take it. That's clearly not the path she wanted to follow.
- M'Baku fought in the first movie to have the throne. He's not against it. And world leaders don't necessarily have to show up at meetings and such. That's why embassadors and representatives exist.
- Once he's old enough, T'Challa can challenge the then King similarly to what Erik did. He has the right to by blood, but that's even IF he wants to.

So is Shuri just going to live out her days in Haiti like her late brother T'Challa did

She made a huge deal of the Black Panther being there to protect Wakanda in the final battle. And she IS the Black Panther. So no, she's not leaving her home.

Also, T'Challa wasn't living in Haiti. He was Wakanda's King. He'd just visit very often to check on Nakia and their son. And, presumably, that was only during the year after Endgame. (MCU is currently in the year 2025. Nakia got pregnant in 2018, after the events of Black Panther and before the battle with Thanos. She and T'Challa decide it's better if she moves to Haiti and has the kid there. T'Challa is snapped away and the kid is born during the blip. Makes sense Nakia names him T'Challa in his honor as he was "dead" then. T'Challa comes back, meets his son and introduces him to his mother. He'd visit often. By 2024, he learns of his sickness and prepares his family for what's to come. He passes away. One year later, we have Wakanda Forever).

And with Shuri becoming Black Panther, I wonder if she will pass the mantle on to her nephew T'Challa? Or what if Shuri ends up having her own kids because she could meet someone, fall in love and then what? Wouldn't her son or daughter then also be able to challenge for the throne

even if she has her own kids eventfully that might want the mantle, T'Challa jr., still got 6-7 years on them, so, he'd probably take the mantle first (once he is old enough) if they {her possible future kids} want to challenge him{once of age} latter down the line they can

an in the case of her getting pregnant she would probably temporarily pass the mantle to her nephew (or anyone else who challenge for it) while she is pregnant and probably a couple years after while raising the baby

but, Shuri is still young, I don't see her being in a rush to settle down and start a family anytime soon, anyway {probably not until this new T'Challa is of age)

T'Challa Jr or Toussaint with him being raised in Haiti away from Wakanda, I mean I get why Nakia did what she did but then again if Ramonda knew about her grandson's existence then why wouldn't she want her grandson taken back to Wakanda to be raised there? I mean wouldn't she have insisted on Nakia and the boy both coming to Wakanda with her?

Well, all I remember is there was that one disgruntled VFX artists who leaked the concept art of Doom from the movie a few months ago and many took that as confirmation he was in it. Guess that art was bogus then.

Its not even necessarily bogus. Its just. . . well, its in the name: "*Concept* Art". Which is to say, its part of the earliest stages of development when the writers and director and producers are hashing out what they even want to try and create. Concept art existing does not mean something must be in a movie, or even existed at all at any of the many stages post-concept art.

Its not even necessarily bogus. Its just. . . well, its in the name: "*Concept* Art". Which is to say, its part of the earliest stages of development when the writers and director and producers are hashing out what they even want to try and create. Concept art existing does not mean something must be in a movie, or even existed at all at any of the many stages post-concept art.

Yeah and you know Doom probably WAS in the original plans until Coogler had to rework the film. I think they made the right call keeping him out, because these days when a movie comes out all fans talk about is the post credit scene (See: Black Adam) and a Doom post credit would have taken away from the film was really about ands undercut the emotional mid credit scene. It was absolutely the right call to let audiences sit with that instead of bringing in this other thing.

I just gotta say, the first fight between Okoye and Attuma and then the Shuri vs Namor fight were HARD HITTING.

So intense.

Those opening credits were a touching reminder. :csad:

Man they were wrong for that. Was not ready for the whole cold open to just give us T’Challa’s passing.

I cried my eyes out.

I mean, that happened about 450 years ago, that's a lot of time to reproduce. Especially since the average Tlalocan is physically superhuman and probably doesn't have to worry about dying from anything but old age. *pulls out calculator* Even just starting with two people, if you assume that they have three kids after 20 years, and this continues onward ( ignoring inbreeding, natch )? In 400 years, those two starting people would now be over 6,600. Note, that would just be the count of the current generation, not all the people from the past few generations still alive. And the Tlalocans definitely started with more than two people, have had more than 400 years of time, and almost certainly averaged more than 3 kids per couple. Hell, if they averaged 4 kids per couple each generation, in 460 years even just a single starting couple would lead to over eight *million* people in the current generation.

And with Shuri becoming Black Panther, I wonder if she will pass the mantle on to her nephew T'Challa? Or what if Shuri ends up having her own kids because she could meet someone, fall in love and then what? Wouldn't her son or daughter then also be able to challenge for the throne
I am pretty sure anyone can challenge for the throne though. It does not just go by blood lines, since M'Baku challenged in the 1st movie.

T'Challa Jr or Toussaint with him being raised in Haiti away from Wakanda, I mean I get why Nakia did what she did but then again if Ramonda knew about her grandson's existence then why wouldn't she want her grandson taken back to Wakanda to be raised there? I mean wouldn't she have insisted on Nakia and the boy both coming to Wakanda with her?
T'Challa probably wanted it that way plus he wouldn't have near a normal life. Wakanda is always target due to the vibranium, add in 2 attacks within a year with Killmonger then Thanos, and losing T'Challa. It just wouldn't be the best place for him at the current state.

Man they were wrong for that. Was not ready for the whole cold open to just give us T’Challa’s passing.

I cried my eyes out.
Seriously emotional, but also felt like the right thing to do to me.

T'Challa probably wanted it that way plus he wouldn't have near a normal life. Wakanda is always target due to the vibranium, add in 2 attacks within a year with Killmonger then Thanos, and losing T'Challa. It just wouldn't be the best place for him at the current state.

Again good point but the Wakandans are bound to find out about him and then what? He's going to be expected to be king

Again good point but the Wakandans are bound to find out about him and then what? He's going to be expected to be king
Or would they? In our world royalty has no real power but here in Wakanda they do. And it is awarded in trial by combat to boot. A young royal, bigger and stronger than the king but not fit to be a national leader, Killmonger just did that in the mass of peoples lifetimes. As long as King M'Baku is doing a good job who would want to see that scenario play out again?

Maybe Wakanda didn't have the concept of having M'Baku sitting as Regent until the Princess thought she was ready as the people presumably don't know the Prince exist.

T‘Challa will most likely be a part of the Young Avengers and the some weird timejump stuff may happen, so he‘ll be of age in BP3 to take the throne (and marry Storm)

flashback was over 500 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"