Bond Films

Best/Worst deliver of the "My name is Bond...." Line:

Best

Dr.No - hands down; Connery with the cigerette in his mouth.
LALD - when Bonds first meets Solitaire.

Worst:

TWINE - Bond introducing himself the Christmas Jones as they escape from the mine. This has got to be the most embarrassing delivery in the franchises long history! :cmad:
OHMSS - Lazenby. Nuff said.:o

Best/Worst deliver of the "My name is Bond...." Line:

Best

Dr.No - hands down; Connery with the cigerette in his mouth.

LALD - when Bonds first meets Solitaire.

Worst:

TWINE - Bond introducing himself the Christmas Jones as they escape from the mine. This has got to be the most embarrassing delivery in the franchises long history! :cmad:
OHMSS - Lazenby. Nuff said.:o

Oh, damn straight. That is the best, and benchmark for all. :up:

I love CR to death, but Craig's delivery sounded a little forced to me. Can't wait to hear him say it again in November.

I don't think it was forced, I thought it was perfect. Let alone the right time to say it.

I love CR to death, but Craig's delivery sounded a little forced to me. Can't wait to hear him say it again in November.

Him saying his name? Bond, James Bond.

Well yeah. Is it not supposed to be? I mean he says it like that to be forced to make a point. I am so forcing my name on you so you will remember it. I even say my last name twice.

So yeah forced all the way.

Him saying his name? Bond, James Bond.

Well yeah. Is it not supposed to be? I mean he says it like that to be forced to make a point. I am so forcing my name on you so you will remember it. I even say my last name twice.

So yeah forced all the way.

Not sure what your trying to say, but when i say 'forced' i mean it wasn't delivered as suave as Moore or Brosnon have delivered it, in the past.

Not sure what your trying to say, but when i say 'forced' i mean it wasn't delivered as suave as Moore or Brosnon have delivered it, in the past.

I mean most times Bond says that line - Bond, James Bond it has always felt forced as that was the intention of the character anyway.

He sounds strained because for half a second he's considering using his alias rather than his real name. He could have introduced himself as Beach, Boldman or Bond.

He sounds strained because for half a second he's considering using his alias rather than his real name. He could have introduced himself as Beach, Boldman or Bond.

That's not what I meant. His projection is strong and clear. He is not talking to a lady he wants to screw. He says it forcefull at that moment as he has the main bad guy at his feet and he wants him to know his name.

Hence the rather lovely tie in to the song.

Nice excuse. But when he and Vesper first arrive at the hotel, he doesn't hesitate to use his actual name.

Nice excuse. But when he and Vesper first arrive at the hotel, he doesn't hesitate to use his actual name.

Yes which is why my explination makes sense. He sees a girl he wants to bang. Why be gay and give her the line?

The worst fight scene I have seen in a Bond film was Sean Conery v the old lady with a knife in her shoe.......

Really lame

It wasn't lame...it was very realistic and a classic encounter in the Bond mythos.

As for the name introduction...James Bond has always gone out of his way to declare his real name, which is rather odd yet ballsy.

When Goldfinger has Bond strapped to the laser bench, he calls him 007 and Bond immediately states that his name is James Bond...despite the two of them meeting a few times before in which they both exchanged their names.

...anyway best my name is Bond lines

Sean Connery in Dr.No as he lights up cig
Sean Connery in GF when he first meets Jill Masterson in Miami
Daniel Craig at the end of CR.

P.S. OHMSS wasn't and is not a lame Bond movie and despite only doing one film, Lazenby did a pretty good job...at least he was more believable as Bond than the likes of Moore, who is imo by far the worst of all 6 actors to portray Bond.

It wasn't THAT good, when compared to other show downs that occur in Bond movies but simultaneously, it wasn't THAT bad neither...imo of course.

It wasn't THAT good, when compared to other show downs that occur in Bond movies but simultaneously, it wasn't THAT bad neither...imo of course.

I really like the gold finger fight with Oddjob.

haha, it wasn't much of a fight. It was more of odd job throwing Bond all over the vault.

However, many Bond fans consider the klebb shoe-knife fight one of the best and popular scenes of FRWL.

I think Moore had the worst Bond fights. One of the funniest fights was Connery at the gypsy camp in FRWL and Grelinko and his men storm the camp and Connery is randomly shooting peeps and in one scene pushes 2 guys fighting into a stream. It was completely unnecessary and that's what makes it so amusing.

Moore's fight with Jaws in TSWLM was classic.

The worst fight scene I have seen in a Bond film was Sean Conery v the old lady with a knife in her shoe.......

Really lame

LOL, well it's not really supposed to be a fight. Obviously Sean Connery, in his prime, versus a small elderly woman....not really a contest. The point of the scene is that 007 thinks she is a maid in the hotel and doesn't realise she simply needs to kick him once to kill him. It's a classic tension scene, it's a thriller scene. Bond and Klebb have a stalemate so it's up to Romanova to decide which side she is on. It's a great scene, it's a classic thriller scene, and it's absolutely not some sort of choreographed punch up - if you try and look at it that way, you'll never appreciate it.

Plus this movie had Little Nelly one of Bond's greatest gadgets! Great movie!

Sure having the james bond theme in the background was cool but now I notice the imperfections like the models and connery behind a projection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"