Bond Films

Yeah, I was never fond of Carver.

Felt like posting pics of the most under-rated, yet hottest Bond-girl ever;

CIGAR GIRL from TWINE.

cucinotta.jpg

maria-grazia-cucinotta-picture-1.jpg

normal_baselworld01.jpg

Elliot Carver.

TND was enjoyable enough (nearly not as bad as some people make it out to be), but Carver was such a waste of a character. The only cool thing about him was his death scene.

Every word he said had something to do with media and he was not menacing in the least bit. I actually liked the assassin doctor that killed Paris more than Carver.

Carver did suck

He's one of the few villains i can think of that actually did not pose a threat to Bond. He couldn't fight, he had no training in the military or anything, he was a media mogul gone bad like you said.

I'm trying to think of someone worse.....

The guy in The Spy Who Loved Me who pretty much sat at his table the entire movie eating was kind of lame. It was cool how he had people fed to sharks and played classical music while it happened, but he was nothing special as an actual villain.

Stromberg was interesting for the reasons you mentioned, and for the fact that he had this amazing undersea base that rose out of the water.

Carver was just plain......................boring. Acrime that no Bond villain should ever be found guilty of committing.

There is absolutely nothing else on tv, and it was in the DVD player. My roomate watched it today.

Ok, i really cant stand this anymore. Dr. No it is....

Hey, I got to the "i need a make on a white pimpmobile" line by Leiter. Thats good enough. Great line...

JoeDonBaker.jpg

Well considering he was Bond's ally in Goldeneye just a few films later, i'd say no he wasn't the worst villan.

My real worst villian was Jaws. Dumb, slow, never did anything great.

My real worst villian was Jaws. Dumb, slow, never did anything great.

He was ****ing huge and menacing-! He was a great visual and a genuine, immediate threat to 007 as soon as he appeared. Roger Moore is a big guy, and Jaws made him look like a midget's little brother. His smile used to scare me as a kid.

Look at his hands, they're huge!

MooreJawsWENN_468x343.jpg

OK I take that back he was fierce, but still too comical.

He was great in happy gilmore.

Carver did suck

He's one of the few villains i can think of that actually did not pose a threat to Bond. He couldn't fight, he had no training in the military or anything, he was a media mogul gone bad like you said.

No threat to Bond? He was a threat to the entire planet, he almost started World War III.

By your logic, Bruce Lee is more of a threat than Adolf Hitler.

Absolutely right Kevin.

Jaws was a great villain for Bond. What's the saying? 'A great hero is defined by his villains' or something. They have to be interesting.

As I've said before, one of the all too few good things about DAD was Xao. I felt he was a throwback villain much in the same vein as Jaws; he has potential.

Then they killed him. :csad:

Baron Samedi was a great villian, he just kept coming back to life. Spooky guy.

Absolutely right Kevin.

Jaws was a great villain for Bond. What's the saying? 'A great hero is defined by his villains' or something. They have to be interesting.

As I've said before, one of the all too few good things about DAD was Xao. I felt he was a throwback villain much in the same vein as Jaws; he has potential.

Then they killed him. :csad:

Yes but Jaws never had any back story given or explination as to who he was. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"