Bryan Fuller and Amblin TV Revive "Amazing Stories"

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2015/10/amazing-stories-remake-bryan-fuller-nbc-universal-tv-1201592586/
‘Amazing Stories’ Will Be Retold By Bryan Fuller & Amblin Duo
by Erik Pedersen

It’s been 30 years since NBC debuted the Steven Spielberg-produced anthology series Amazing Stories. Like nearly every other ’80s film and TV series, it seems, now it’s coming back. Hannibal creator Bryan Fuller is set to write and executive produce Universal TV’s remake of the 1985-87 series for NBC, giving the network a player in the reinvigorated anthology genre. Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey also are EPs on the project. Spielberg is sitting this one out.

The original Amazing Stories got an initial two-season order but didn’t click with audiences and was canceled. The series won five Emmys, including one for guest actor John Lithgow, and earned Spielberg a directing nom for the memorable World War II-themed episode “The Mission.”

NBC cut Hannibal in June after three seasons. There were efforts to find another home for the series, and fans railed on the network during the show’s postmortem panel at Comic-Con, but Fuller defended his former home. “Hey, NBC let us do some crazy **** for three years,” he said after NBC was booed at the event. “They deserve our applause.” He now is working on the upcoming Starz drama American Gods.

E! Online had the Amazing Stories news first.
When Bryan Fuller is involved, my body is always ready.

Wow I remember that show, it was a Twilight zone like but not as good .

Well it will probably last as long as the original did but I will still watch it ;).

Where's Hannibal Season 4 Fuller!!!!????? -shakes fists angrily at the sky-

Would he even have time for this while also doing The Vampire Chronicles?

I'd appreciate it if these f***ers looking to get into the Bryan Fuller business would stop trying to change him. Either you want him or you don't. Decide ahead of time.

At this point I think Fuller needs to make sure they understand who they are hiring before signing on to a project. He needs to make sure they know how he operates or else dont waste his time and ours.

I'd say Amazon should call him up for their Lord of the Rings show, but they'd probably just fire him too.

27752269_10156230996351617_1299117981580856942_n.jpg

I didn't want to believe it before, but maybe it is Fuller's fault. Three shows in a row is a pattern. There's obviously an issue of miscommunication here, and perhaps Fuller has unrealistic expectations about what he wants to do.

I guess it's lucky that Fuller signed on to that Anne Rice show or he'd be unemployed. Hadn't even heard of that announcement, so something to look forward to. Hopefully that one will actually happen. It's looking like a minor miracle now that we even got season 1 of American Gods.

Yeah, he'll work on the pilot, provide feedback on the first season arc and bolt.

Maybe he can work on that Silence of Lambs limited series now.

cant keep blaming the studios 3 shows in a row he has been kicked from oh i am sorry i mean ...
tenor.gif

he may be the problem

Three projects in a row is a definite pattern. Considering his very distinct style and obvious artistic eye I'm beginning to think he may be a bit too demanding and unyielding for the average studio. An artist that knows what they want and everyone and everything else including budget be damned. It would certainly explain why he keeps leaving projects.

It's not just him, though. On American Gods, they cut Michael Green loose too. And with this...
Updated: Hart Hanson, who had partnered with Bryan Fuller on Amazing Stories, has also exited the anthology as Apple and producers Universal Television are now searching for a showrunner.
I mean, I'm sure he's uncompromising to a pretty decent degree, but I think it's on the networks/studios too.

Well this is Apple. Their business practices and their "our way or no way" mentality can be pretty unyielding and damn frustrating. If that's how they try to run their film and television productions it's going to cause problems with directors and showrunners and production crews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"