Burton's BATMAN 3 and what you know about it and theories and such etc.

Cagefighterkip

Mr. Golightly
Reaction score
Well?
Any news, ideas, things people remember hearing, rumors, theories POST AWAY!!!

-Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face
-Marlon Wayans as Robin
-Robin Williams as Riddler was mostlikely Schumacher casting (even if impossible because Williams is still bitter about him being a bait for Nicholson to be Joker), but Riddler was rumored under Burton's wing, with a potential question mark shaved on his head
-Rene Russo for the Chase Meridian part
-Following Forever plotline

Heck, here's the Forever photoshoped that Luke from batmannews.de started and I completed :
Tim_Burton__s_BF_UPDATED_by_GoldeneyeNeverDies.jpg

Here are some conceptual sketches I did on how could Two-Face and Riddler look under Burton's direction, see the comments on my deviantart for more info on my idea :

Tim_Burton__s_The_Riddler_by_GoldeneyeNeverDies.jpg

Tim_Burton__s_Harvey_Dent_by_GoldeneyeNeverDies.jpg

Tim_Burton__s_Two_Face_by_GoldeneyeNeverDies.jpg

I guess Batman333 will put up his stuff also ;). He has a whole site dedicated to rumors and everything. :hoboj:

http://www.geocities.com/burtonsbatman3/

Wo, I always knew those casting ideas, but when I see it all together it leaves me feeling slightly... Empty. Marlon Wayans as Robin is one of the worst choices i've ever heard of, why did Burton think it was ok to randomly substitute black actors in white characters? I get the whole race shouldn't be an issue argument, and it worked in Daredevil I think, but not here. Billy-Dee I could sort of understand, but Wayans?

Gosh....

Wo, I always knew those casting ideas, but when I see it all together it leaves me feeling slightly... Empty. Marlon Wayans as Robin is one of the worst choices i've ever heard of, why did Burton think it was ok to randomly substitute black actors in white characters? I get the whole race shouldn't be an issue argument, and it worked in Daredevil I think, but not here. Billy-Dee I could sort of understand, but Wayans?

Gosh....

Billy Dee Williams would have been a great Two-Face. I though he was, for his few minutes onscreen, a good Dent as well.

As for Marlon Wayans as Robin, bare in mind Burton's Robin would have differed substantially from the traditional version of the character. The more obvious problem is that Marlon Wayans is bigger than Michael Keaton. Six foot whereas Keaton is 5'10''.

Also, it's not a rumour or a potential casting; Wayans was actually cast as Robin for Batman Returns.

Billy Dee Williams would have been a great Two-Face. I though he was, for his few minutes onscreen, a good Dent as well.

As for Marlon Wayans as Robin, bare in mind Burton's Robin would have differed substantially from the traditional version of the character. The more obvious problem is that Marlon Wayans is bigger than Michael Keaton.
Indeed to all. Especially last sentence, quite wtf... quantity compensate quality in the actual cinema industry, sadly enough

Yeah, Billy was allright as Dent, not really much screentime but did the job, but seriously, Wayans as Robin? WTF? Not to start a war, but Burton seriously did just make the films as he wanted and didn't really bother with the comics.

Don't get me wrong, I think he got The Batman character just right, but he seemed to do the standard Burton-esque thing with everything. Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter now, all in the past!

-Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face
-Marlon Wayans as Robin
-Robin Williams as Riddler was mostlikely Schumacher casting (even if impossible because Williams is still bitter about him being a bait for Nicholson to be Joker), but Riddler was rumored under Burton's wing, with a potential question mark shaved on his head
-Rene Russo for the Chase Meridian part
-Following Forever plotline

Heck, here's the Forever photoshoped that Luke from batmannews.de started and I completed :
Tim_Burton__s_BF_UPDATED_by_GoldeneyeNeverDies.jpg

Here are some conceptual sketches I did on how could Two-Face and Riddler look under Burton's direction, see the comments on my deviantart for more info on my idea :

Tim_Burton__s_The_Riddler_by_GoldeneyeNeverDies.jpg

Tim_Burton__s_Harvey_Dent_by_GoldeneyeNeverDies.jpg

Tim_Burton__s_Two_Face_by_GoldeneyeNeverDies.jpg

I guess Batman333 will put up his stuff also ;). He has a whole site dedicated to rumors and everything. :hoboj:

http://www.geocities.com/burtonsbatman3/

wow
really good art man, you got talent, a real eye :yay:

oh wait, let me dig up the other 50 threads on this topic.

hat? This is the first thread i've seen about it. Not to sound bigheaded, but you shouldn't really be dissing this guy for starting an interesting and worthwhile thread.

hat? This is the first thread i've seen about it. Not to sound bigheaded, but you shouldn't really be dissing this guy for starting an interesting and worthwhile thread.

thanks man -
what id like to have seen in Burtons Batman 3? Batman and 2Face as the only new villans, with catwoman returning, and NO Robin... only intro to Dick Grayson, to him being Robin in "4"

Yeah, I always prefered Two-Face to Riddler, there's just so much more story there, hopefully The Dark Knight and the third film will do him more justic!

Catwoman returning would have been cool, especially if they kept Chase as well, a real triangle between Bruce's light side (Chase) and his dark masked side (Selina).

I think the intro of Robin would work though, but not as a street-wise punk kid, as an orphaned acrobat.

wow
really good art man, you got talent, a real eye :yay:
Thanks! Much appreciated! And yeah no Robin and more Two-Face (no rip-off Joker) would have been the way to go! Well, all we have to do now is wait for Aaron Eckhart, who will surely not dissapoint as much as TLJ...in fact, I have great faith in him!

I just had a thought, I wonder, if he was asked, what Burton woud say HIMSELF about the rumors and ideas he had (if any clear) on an eventual third part?? He slipped a word about it on the DVD commentary on the Returns SE, at the end credits. If I remember well, he said he could do something but in the end, he joked "fans must be glad I didn't make a third because they would have another DVD comment to hear from me then".

That's true, I wonder what his take on it would have been if he'd been allowed to keep the darkness of it? It would have been a hell of a lot more powerful, but also, Dent would have been so undeveloped because he has almost no part in Returns.

My guess is he would have pulled it out the bag though, even with his own unique take on the character!

Also, thank goodness for Eckhart. Hopefully we'll get a Two-Face we deserve, and from Nolan's comments it'll be a real corker!

Thanks! Much appreciated! And yeah no Robin and more Two-Face (no rip-off Joker) would have been the way to go! Well, all we have to do now is wait for Aaron Eckhart, who will surely not dissapoint as much as TLJ...in fact, I have great faith in him!

I just had a thought, I wonder, if he was asked, what Burton woud say HIMSELF about the rumors and ideas he had (if any clear) on an eventual third part?? He slipped a word about it on the DVD commentary on the Returns SE, at the end credits. If I remember well, he said he could do something but in the end, he joked "fans must be glad I didn't make a third because they would have another DVD comment to hear from me then".

:) yer welcome
eckhardt will be amazing, and its too bad tlj wasnt given stronger material to work with, cuz hes a great actor and could to so well with the role...

I think TLJ could have been awsome if given a good script and not made a prancer. He would have owned that role if given it properly.

Nothing is confirmed about anything. Burton didn't start developing the film past a few "maybes" at the meeting where he knew that WB didn't want him back. And the maybes are that which we do not know of.

All of this here is just conjecture and rumor.

Um, yeah, we know... Hence the title saying theories...

Two of the greatest movies never made; Burton's Batman III and Superman Lives!

Um, yeah, we know... Hence the title saying theories...

The title also reads "What you know about it." Also, it's not as if people are noting their words as theoretical.

You know it's all theory. Doesn't mean everyone else who'll read this thread does.

Two of the greatest movies never made; Burton's Batman III and Superman Lives!

B3, yes. SL? Perhaps. I don't know if I'd want Burton's vision of Superman canon on the big screen, but in a DTV? Yes!

Superman Lives would have been cool, just to see it done. Dunno about the casting choices though, it seems as if Tim Burton *lives* to piss off comic book fanboys.

it seems as if Tim Burton *lives* to piss off comic book fanboys.

No he doesn't. And anyone who knew the man wouldn't say that.

He just likes to put his spin on things, like any director does. But I never liked the idea of Tim Burton for a Superman movie. Rediculous.

He clearly does, he's quoted as saying that he would never read a comic book, i'm not bashing him here (I don't wanna start that again) I think Batman Returns is an incredible film, but none of his stuff stays faithful to the source material in any way. Not that BB does, there are some horrific breaks from continuity in there. But Burton does it more, Nicholson as Lex Luthor? He's just doing that to piss off the Batman people, it's blatant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"