By the Bristling Beard of Odin! The Thor Thread - Part 2

WOW check this sixth scale Thor out!
http://screenrant.com/thor-frog-sideshow-collectibles/
odlzuye.png

I am looking foreword to the new Ultimate Thor in a big way lol

Sculptors always make Thor's face so ugly. But otherwise that statue looks awesome.

here's part of the Thor Ragnarok Hasbro set. Thor looks like crap
BIVrlym.jpg

nUWVehM.jpg

HoLY CRAP!!! You guys aren't going to BELIEVE who the new WAR THOR is!!!

Yeah... I'm not a fan. I get it, and it makes sense narratively, but I don't think angst is a good look on that character. :csad:

Sculptors always make Thor's face so ugly. But otherwise that statue looks awesome.

Yes I've noticed that. Otherwise agreed that it's a great statue.

thanks for posting this.i wasn't sure if this board was aware.i messaged one of the mods about Brad.

thanks for posting this.i wasn't sure if this board was aware.i messaged one of the mods about Brad.

I'm friends with him on Facebook. So I figured I'd let the board know.

Sad, very sad to hear this. It would have beeen awesome for him to have seeen the latest movies. (Perhaps, sans Captain Marvel being overpowered).

I am an Atheist, yet, after seeing and reading Varthas posts, i have to say i wish it not to be the end. He will be around always. ****, Im getting old.

I am also an atheist but enough experiences with ghosts leads me to believe that there is something after what we call death. Just not what the religions teach and not involving omnipotent deities.

I'm working my way through some of the modern Thor stories. I have all of Straczynski's run, which I thought was...okay...

I plan on working my way up to where Thor is now. What are some of the good runs, and what should I be wary of? There have only been a handful of writers since Straczynski, right?

I'm working my way through some of the modern Thor stories. I have all of Straczynski's run, which I thought was...okay...

I plan on working my way up to where Thor is now. What are some of the good runs, and what should I be wary of? There have only been a handful of writers since Straczynski, right?

Yeah i mean, i liked JMSs run, its what finally got me into the character, with the 600th and the Iron Man beatdown issues being highlights... Kieron Gillan had a pretty good little run... Fractions Thor I wasnt a big fan of, though it looked pretty.... and then all of Aarons stuff starting with God of Thunder is well regarded, i guess depending on how you feel about JaneThor and Thor being unworthy

How was the Ending of Foster Thor? I haven't gotten my copy yet?

I thought it was dumb

They didn't even have the guts to finally let the character die, which means no sense of decent closure to the story. She's had cancer to the point of looking like a corpse the whole time and they still can't just let the character die

SPOILER ALERT!

Well, it looks like after a great Thor showing and a disappointing Hulk one IN infinity War, we will get a5 minute movie in Avengers 5, :

An Uber Overpowered, pissed off girl power bearer by the name of Captain Marvel shows up, changes reality, beats Thanos in about a minute, refuses to explain how to the Avengers,then beating them almost to death, easily and the credits roll!

Honestly, this route seems so unlike what Marvel has done it wouldn´t shock me if it is the beginning of the end. Sooner or later it´s bound to happen, and there is always a kickstart of sorts. I hope they don´t go the ridiculous route and break the chemistry, balance and need for each other the Avengers movies has shown so far, it would be disastrous IMHO. This is why The Last Jedi went 700 million bucks down, too stupid. Too much of amMaryJane!

yep, random speculation. Because Feige has said nothing of the sorts? Exageration? Now that would be accurate, guilty as charged. But who has ever heard of a superherohype forum going off subject? My goodness. Well, i do start talking about Thor, some credit there, please!

I thought it was dumb

They didn't even have the guts to finally let the character die, which means no sense of decent closure to the story. She's had cancer to the point of looking like a corpse the whole time and they still can't just let the character die

i just read the issue and yes it was horribly anti-climatic and lacked guts to let a minor character go.

I think what we lost instead of Jane makes it a much bigger deal, to be honest. Mjolnir's gone. Doesn't matter whether Thor's worthy or not anymore because the thing that defined his life for the past few centuries doesn't exist anymore. That's kind of huge.

I think what we lost instead of Jane makes it a much bigger deal, to be honest. Mjolnir's gone. Doesn't matter whether Thor's worthy or not anymore because the thing that defined his life for the past few centuries doesn't exist anymore. That's kind of huge.

I think Thor will create a new Mjolnir from the small Uru shard.

Just read a article. My guess is that Thor will fight to retrieve multiple hammers made from shards of Mjolnir until he can piece together his hammer back

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"