Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

Going back to VOD only is getting ridiculous. All I needed was Netflix and Hulu and my antenna to get most shows I wanted. Then Disney+ happened and caused this huge schism in content.

Now to get the same shows I watched I need Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Peacock, and eventually Paramount+ as I'm told Frasier and other CBS produced shows will move there. It's still cheaper than cable or cable replacement service like YouTube TV or Hulu Live, but damn things used to be simple.

Like I remember I was leaning to just using the big four (Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and HBO Max) with Locast for locals and sports along with ESPN+ and juggling Prime Video and Peacock when the budget allows it.

Now if I want my older family to cut the cord it's a little more complicated with stuff like Fox Nation and Discovery+.

That looks like a pretty crappy channel line-up for non-sports fans to me. No Viacom channels, no HGTV/Food Network/A&E, no BBC America/AMC, no Discovery/ID, no Hallmark/History/Travel Channels. Philo has a better line-up for 30 bucks cheaper, imo. But for those who only care about sports, I suppose it's solid.

sports fan here lol

i don't need any food channels. those shows don't interest me. BBC/AMC would though. and i don't know what channels are Viacom lol.
i'll mull this over tonight, most likely not getting it. it's not like i dont have 1500+ movies over here i need to see

The Viacom channels are MTV, BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, Logo, VH1, CMT Music, Nick Jr., TV Land, BET Her, MTV2, NickToons, TeenNick, Pop TV, Smithsonian Channel, and MTV Classic.

The Viacom channels are MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, Logo, VH1, CMT, Nick Jr., TV Land, BET Her, MTV2, NickToons, TeenNick, Pop TV, Smithsonian Channel, and MTV Classic.

those are part of the 30 bonus channels i think

CAamt0D.jpg

Now if they include those all the time for the same price, I'd say that's a darn good deal. :up:

I don't understand why they're not just including those in the plan, then?

EDIT: Oh I see, it's for T-Mobile/Sprint wireless customers only. That's a nice bonus.

Disney+ is going to be $1 more starting in March, but it doesn't look like this effects the bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ price.

Still only offering the same two OTA's (NBC and Fox) they've always offered in my area, unfortunately. If they had actually managed to add one or two more, they could be a lot more competitive, imo. As it is, this price hike only lessens their appeal. Oh well.
Not those. They're subchannels. They've added Heroes and Icons, Laff, and Grit.

New local TV streaming service Vuit.

If you get an AirTV Mini, it will integrate Sling, Netflix, and Locast all in one guide. For anyone interested.

For anyone who's interested in trying out Hulu Live when the ViacomCBS channels are added, make sure to check Monday for them. That's the current speculation time.

Thinking of getting another Android TV Box for my bedroom TV. What do you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennydavis
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"