Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

I blame Disney for this. All you oldsters needed was an antenna and maybe Netflix or Hulu and you were set.

Also I'm prepared for the YTTV price increase. I got my old Western Digital 1TB hard drive ready to plug into my Shield for my Channels Server recordings and Philo and Locast ready. $31 for the whole package with Channels yearly subscription. 115 channels.

So WGN is now NewsNation, but it still shows Blue Bloods and JAG. So it is a news network that shows reruns of other TV shows now. Also Hulu added Dabl and Start TV to its lineup. The former is a crafts, cooking, and home repair channel while the latter is pretty much Lifetime circa the early 2010s.

Disney+ is increasing all its prices by a dollar starting March 26.

Welp, I just logged onto Paramount+ and it's...CBS All Access. There's like, nothing different about it, lol.

tenor.gif

I got the ad free version. I hate commercials in general if it's from a service I pay, but overall I think it's worth the $4 a month if you grew up with Nickelodeon or Comedy Central, but I think their movie section could be a lot better... although there are a few gems that you can't find anywhere else.

I got the ad free version. I hate commercials in general if it's from a service I pay, but overall I think it's worth the $4 a month if you grew up with Nickelodeon or Comedy Central, but I think their movie section could be a lot better... although there are a few gems that you can't find anywhere else.
You mean Paramount doesn't have a large collection of good films outside Fast and the Furious and Mission Impossible? You don't say. :o

The wait for Viacom on Hulu is driving me crazy.

So my mom is freaking out cause her cable company plans to move to streaming only and has been giving their customers Rokus and new Internet bundles in preparation for the switch over. Essentially you pay like $90 plus local taxes and fees and an additional $10 a month for the streaming app.

She's looking at Hulu Live or YouTube TV as a replacement. She would probably prefer the former cause it has Lifetime and History. The only channel she will miss is Hallmark and AMC, which I can get Hallmark through Frndly. If Locast and Sling were to integrate with each other, then maybe we could try them too.

You can integrate them with Channels or Stremium, can't you? Philo also has those channels (and Hallmark & AMC too), and could also be integrated w/ Locast through one of those.

You can integrate them with Channels or Stremium, can't you? Philo also has those channels (and Hallmark & AMC too), and could also be integrated w/ Locast through one of those.
Ah but she requires Fox News.

My cable company Spectrum is both. I can open the app on my phone and stream stations OR go on the TV set utilizing the cable box. On-demand programming and DVR content I primarily utilize with the Cable box when not channel surfing. I can also switch to Chrome Cast when I want to stream content on my older TV using my phone as the remote when accessing ESPN+ or other stream based only services...

Cable boxes are still relevant and shouldn't be discarded. I'd switch cable company or even Satellite if they're primarily going streaming only.

Free Paramount+ On Demand For 30 Days For Prime Members!
Amazon.com Sign up for Prime Video

make sure it says you getting the 30 days free trial. You will see the on the second page where you select the plan
Will say "Choose limited Commercials $5.99/month after 30-day free trial" or can choose the commercial free version and pay the 99 cents for 30 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"