Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

Did anyone use YouTube TV to watch the Super Bowl last night and did your feed have to buffer a few times?

Did anyone use YouTube TV to watch the Super Bowl last night and did your feed have to buffer a few times?
Yeah. Dad used it and said it buffered once or twice, but it ran pretty good. Dallas affiliate here. I heard Locast did a great job.

giphy.gif

For those who don't want Sports or News this combo seems to be good. For around $35 a month you can get Philo and Locast and Channels DVR service. All you need is to subscribe to each service which is $20 for Philo, $5 for Locast, and $8 for Channels DVR. If you have a compatible Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, or Computer, you can download the Channels DVR Server onto your device. You can add more storage with an external hard drive if necessary to store your recordings. Go on your computer to add Philo and Locast as your sources and then you should have both on the same guide which you can record and fast forward through those pesky commercials. I'm considering this method if YouTube goes for another price hike. This also works with Tuners like HDHomerun and Tablo.

Channels — Channels Plus

For those who don't want Sports or News this combo seems to be good. For around $35 a month you can get Philo and Locast and Channels DVR service. All you need is to subscribe to each service which is $20 for Philo, $5 for Locast, and $8 for Channels DVR. If you have a compatible Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, or Computer, you can download the Channels DVR Server onto your device. You can add more storage with an external hard drive if necessary to store your recordings. Go on your computer to add Philo and Locast as your sources and then you should have both on the same guide which you can record and fast forward through those pesky commercials. I'm considering this method if YouTube goes for another price hike. This also works with Tuners like HDHomerun and Tablo.

Channels — Channels Plus
Worth noting here too that if someone doesn’t have a device to use as your Channels DVR server or doesn’t want to spend as much, you can pretty much do the exact same thing with Stremium for $5 a month using their cloud DVR service (it also combines the services into one guide).

I used to have a dedicated server and copied almost all of my blu rays to it. It was pretty cool because I didn't have to break out a movie if I wanted to watch it and load it into my player, but I never really worked out how to organize them and a movie can have multiple types associated with it. I think I just ended up losing interest for some reason.

Anyone do something like this?

I used to have a dedicated server and copied almost all of my blu rays to it. It was pretty cool because I didn't have to break out a movie if I wanted to watch it and load it into my player, but I never really worked out how to organize them and a movie can have multiple types associated with it. I think I just ended up losing interest for some reason.

Anyone do something like this?
I don't copy blu-rays, I just redeem the digital copies that come with them, lol. So my Vudu library is that equivalent for me.

now i can finally join this convo! what's your library up to now FC?
also, i hope you have MoviesAnywhere too
Oh I don't know, I haven't added many since we last spoke, lol. Probably only around 100. I do have Movies Anywhere, but they don't do TV shows, so Vudu will remain my primary hub for the time being, as they do both movies and TV. And let's be real, I re-watch the latter far more.

@InCali , I DO use my Shield as a Plex server to host various other video files I have. You can expand the USB storage using whatever size external drive you'd like, and Plex is nice because you can then stream your stored files from anywhere. I dunno if it would work with copied blu-ray files, though.

Oh I don't know, I haven't added many since we last spoke, lol. Probably only around 100. I do have Movies Anywhere, but they don't do TV shows, so Vudu will remain my primary hub for the time being, as they do both movies and TV. And let's be real, I re-watch the latter far more.
you should take advantage of Vudu's M2D platform if you're not. Vudu is my top service for sure but MoviesAnywhere is the closest that all the big players have to a hub (vudu, google play, itunes, fandango, etc) and when you link MA to your other accounts, most titles will cross populate across them. i think the only players that are more or less "exclusive" are Lionsgate and Paramount.
if you ever need or want another screen pass let me know lol

My Vudu movie collection is sitting at 1566 lol

you should take advantage of Vudu's M2D platform if you're not. Vudu is my top service for sure but MoviesAnywhere is the closest that all the big players have to a hub (vudu, google play, itunes, fandango, etc) and when you link MA to your other accounts, most titles will cross populate across them. i think the only players that are more or less "exclusive" are Lionsgate and Paramount.
if you ever need or want another screen pass let me know lol

My Vudu movie collection is sitting at 1566 lol
Oh yeah, my MA account is already linked.

And my digital copies collection is nowhere near that size. :funny: I only started redeeming them when I got bored during the pandemic.

Thanks, I would definitely like another Screen Pass from you at some point because there was something there I meant to watch and found the link was expired when i tried, lol. BUT not yet, as my viewing schedule is full at the moment. And same to you! Would always be happy to send one. Though you might have to tell me how to because I've never used that before. :O

Thanks, I would definitely like another Screen Pass from you at some point because there was something there I meant to watch and found the link was expired when i tried, lol. BUT not yet, as my viewing schedule is full at the moment. And same to you! Would always be happy to send one. Though you might have to tell me how to because I've never used that before. :O

only 937 of the movies i own are eligible to ScreenPass share though.

you can send 3 a month and they reset every month, so if anyone else wanted one, i could send to them too. pretty sure you find it under Profiles or Manage Profiles but i'd have to check to confirm.
i'm curious what it was you wanted to watch

only 937 of the movies i own are eligible to ScreenPass share though.

you can send 3 a month and they reset every month, so if anyone else wanted one, i could send to them too. pretty sure you find it under Profiles or Manage Profiles but i'd have to check to confirm.
i'm curious what it was you wanted to watch
I don't remember tbh, but it was an old black-and-white classic of some sort, lol.

Haystack + Pluto + Xumo + Peacock Free + Live Channels on Android TV = a pretty good lineup. Throw in an antenna and it's better.

Wish Stirr and IMDb TV were there to make it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"