Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

Better get on that Vudu library. Rumor has it Vudu may not be here much longer.

i've heard Walmart is looking to sell, but i wonder what that means for the stuff we already own on there? i have 1255 movies on there alone, and about 200 tv seasons

i've heard Walmart is looking to sell, but i wonder what that means for the stuff we already own on there? i have 1255 movies on there alone, and about 200 tv seasons
The brighter option is that the new owners will keep your movies or let you download copies to your device or drive to own. :shrug:

Something tells me AT&T purposely did everything they could to chase away cord cutters or scare some back to cable with the inflated pricing of AT&T TV Now.

The brighter option is that the new owners will keep your movies or let you download copies to your device or drive to own. :shrug:

i finally started doing digital so i could clear out and get rid of some of the physical media i don't "need"

ugh

i finally started doing digital so i could clear out and get rid of some of the physical media i don't "need"

ugh
Remember this is if they sell scenario and that's the good future. The bad future is they will give you credit for similar titles on their platform or credit you for the movies to buy other ones.

Vudu was Walmart's attempt to compete with Amazon Prime Video anyway, so this was bound not to end well. I predict similar fates to their Onn TVs, Roku Box, and Tablet lines which were created to compete with Amazon Fire TV and Tablets.

which sucks because i prefer vudu over pretty much all the other sites. i dont use itunes that much, and i'll watch a movie on Vudu before Movies Anywhere.

Ugh. Sling lost the Simpsons library in their on demand section. That was a major selling point for me.

So now I know why The Simpsons is gone. Sling shuffled the channels around after adding BTN, Fox News, Nat Geo, and FXX to its lineup. I lost FXX on demand which is now under Hollywood extras and the prices went up $5 for the standard packages.

So I lost a channel for Fox News. I'm so ****ing pissed off.

Now I know your pain @ComicChick. I'm considering dumping Sling for just Netflix, Hulu/Disney+, and Prime Video now.

So I heard a rumor that Sling/Dish will be possibly renegotiating with CBS Viacom to include CBS channels on Sling.

If they decide to add All Access they'll really be dope slingers.

So Sling as ABC News now, but not ABC.

Wow that's pretty damn good.

There ya go @ComicChick . Comcast may own it.

Not sure how I feel about what's happening to Netflix which I was debating on dropping.

So I'm going to drop Netflix after I finish Grace and Frankie. I don't see the point other than Stranger Things and maybe Paul Rudd's show.

So AT&T TV Now actually cut their prices to ya know normal. $55 a month for a pretty great channel lineup before it was almost $70. $80 for their Max package which includes HBO.

Fubo TV is offering a 14 day trial period for new customers.

I've heard good things about Youtube TV but haven't tried it myself. I have Netflix, but I'm growing pretty tired of it after all the hours I've logged on there recently and the fact that it recommends the same stuff over and over. It's too bad Fox News is such a kicker for them. I'm surprised they don't have their own streaming platform, but that's maybe for the best given the nonsense they've been pushing lately.

March saw a crazy boost in SVOD sign-ups across the board. HBO Max and Peacock are just on the horizon. Quibi launched with 300,000+ installs.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-02-at-2.02.05-PM.png

i finally canceled cable with my move. kept the internet

i currently have Vudu, Apple TV and Movies Anywhere, but am not paying for any streaming services right now. I never have time to watch them anyways

Alexa works with Sling! Now my mom can bum off it.

Any Apple users here use a Nvidia Shield for streaming? I want to get a higher-end streaming device than my current Roku. Comparing the Shield and Apple TV makes Nvidia seem like the better device to me, but I've never used Android devices so I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"