Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

I don't know about ask, but it's obviously hard to find.

EDIT: Maybe not hard to find, but it sounds hard to me. You 2 might as well be speaking Latin. I have no idea what you're talking about half of the time. :funny:
It’s actually really easy to find. Literally every option we’ve discussed in here is cheaper than cable. The hard part is sticking with one because potentially better options keep cropping up, and unlike cable, you have no commitments, so you can switch as often as you please. :funny:

I mean, you don’t have to switch at all. That’s the beauty of it. You’re still doing better than cable regardless. It’s just nice to have the freedom of choice, and some of us like to embrace that as much as possible, lol.

Ugh so someone told me YouTube TV may increase again next month when the other Viacom channels get added. Can you confirm @flickchick85?

Ugh so someone told me YouTube TV may increase again next month when the other Viacom channels get added.
I really doubt that, as this price hike was steep enough for me to think it's accounting for the whole Viacom deal. I mean, I was expecting another $5 hike, not $15. If that's not enough per customer to cover them for Viacom channels, then those channels straight-up weren't worth it, and they got taken for a ride.

i would love to embrace a chance to watch more stuff. never have the time i'd like
Yeah. Some of us work a lot. Some us (ie me) are also lazy. Wait.....I think I just confused myself.

Sorry to all Yellowstone fans with Sling. They're moving Paramount Network to their Comedy Extra. I'll still get it cause I do the 4 extra deal for $12.

It looks like Sling is not increasing its base prices but moving channels to their extras to keep the costs low.

So I'm gonna drop Fitzy soon. I noticed that I'm watching my locals much more since I used it which is the only plus I can give it. But I don't like how glitchy the guide is and how channels will disappear or not load sometimes. The Fire TV app which from what I can tell is the OG is probably the best way to experience it.

So I'm gonna drop Fitzy soon. I noticed that I'm watching my locals much more since I used it which is the only plus I can give it. But I don't like how glitchy the guide is and how channels will disappear or not load sometimes. The Fire TV app which from what I can tell is the OG is probably the best way to experience it.

Much to your chagrin, this is becoming one of my favorite threads to visit. Two of my favorites talking about S*** I don't understand. What more could I want?

Y'all are making my head hurt. I think I'm going to just be taken advantage of and not worry about dropping Fitzy (didn't even know you were seeing Fitzy as it's none of my business) or whatever.

It's very entertaining to watch people go through this process.

Much to your chagrin, this is becoming one of my favorite threads to visit. Two of my favorites talking about S*** I don't understand. What more could I want?

Y'all are making my head hurt. I think I'm going to just be taken advantage of and not worry about dropping Fitzy (didn't even know you were seeing Fitzy as it's none of my business) or whatever.

It's very entertaining to watch people go through this process.
Pfft. Says the fan boy to a Scientologist. :p

So Fubo finally added Disney channels and unless you got an ABC owned affiliate, you cannot get ABC as a channel on the service. I looked my area up and both of mine are not included.

Ugh @flickchick85 now I want a Nvidia Shield just to make it into a Channels DVR server. From what I've seen, it's a more fluid aggregator and actually has access to Adobe's TV Anywhere, which means less glitchy guide and less trouble loading channels.

So I have Sling Blue+4 Extras+Hollywood Extra (for FXX and TCM) for $47 a month and Locast for $5.50 a month. That's about $52.50 before tax and if I want Channels I will need to add $8 for a Plus subscription (similar to Plex Pass), so I'm looking at $60.50 a month. I'm not sure if it's worth it since I may not use the DVR that often.

So I have Sling Blue+4 Extras+Hollywood Extra (for FXX and TCM) for $47 a month and Locast for $5.50 a month. That's about $52.50 before tax and if I want Channels I will need to add $8 for a Plus subscription (similar to Plex Pass), so I'm looking at $60.50 a month. I'm not sure if it's worth it since I may not use the DVR that often.

Spectrum. LOLOLOLOL.

Oh no. You're a Spectrum user? I knew it!

What gave it away? Was it reading Marx?

I'm fickle. I can drop stuff too. Like DTV when they raise my rates.

Of course the only way I'll be able to use this if I cast it with my phone. Damn when did Roku get so blacklisted. :funny:

So apparently when Amazon Prime went to $119 a year the price for Prime Video went $12.99 from $8.99 so it is of course still cheaper to sign up for Amazon Prime(plus all its other goodies) vs the monthly subscription. $55 vs $58 with Netflix, HBO Max, and Hulu/Disney+ bundle.

So King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond is finally on a streaming service that being Peacock Premium for $4.99 a month. So until Peacock and HBO Max gets to Roku I'll be keeping Sling for a little while longer.

Ugh @flickchick85 now I want a Nvidia Shield just to make it into a Channels DVR server.
giphy.gif

I love my Shield. Never goin' back to Roku.

But for real @flickchick85 that thing is $200.
The good Apple TV is practically that anyway. And that's 4 years old. And not only do you get that universally-hated remote with that, but you're also slave to whatever apps Apple wants to give you. Nvidia's Google/Android so you never have to worry about that. I deliberated a looong time between Apple TV and Nvidia, as I think they are comparable devices, but I ultimately went with Nvidia because A.) I wanted to use it as a Plex server with expandable storage, B.) in terms of free gaming, Nvidia Games >>> Apple Arcade, as they have actual major titles I'd actually heard of, C.) that 4k AI upscaling it has is genuinely impressive, imo, and D.) it's much more customizable to my preferences.

The good Apple TV is practically that anyway. And that's 4 years old. And not only do you get that universally-hated remote with that, but you're also slave to whatever apps Apple wants to give you. Nvidia's Google/Android so you never have to worry about that. I deliberated a looong time between Apple TV and Nvidia, as I think they are comparable devices, but I ultimately went with Nvidia because A.) I wanted to use it as a Plex server with expandable storage, B.) in terms of free gaming, Nvidia Games >>> Apple Arcade, as they have actual major titles I'd actually heard of, C.) that 4k AI upscaling it has is genuinely impressive, imo, and D.) it's much more customizable to my preferences.
Now I feel like a sucker for getting a Roku TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"