Can you see this? The Invisible Woman thread.

Her role was literally listen to music, type things, and stand around.

I dont think Kate was miscast... she did her best and sadly, her role was not just written very well.

If this reboot ended up well I imagined Kate and Miles would have gotten the praises for their acting.

Oh well I can still watch her in The Martian.

Having actually seen the movie fully now, I feel like she didn't do much of anything...she should've went on the expedition with them instead of being regulated to being the one who just so happens to get caught in the aftermath of its wake to gain superpowers as well.

While her powers are always cool to see in action, she still didn't ever have a chance to deliver anything truly memorable.

I prefer the look of Jessica. She dyed her hair but it still looked good. I honestly didnt know she was wearing a wig in the 2ND film but thats probably due to the contacts. Those things were frightening.

Last edited:
Having actually seen the movie fully now, I feel like she didn't do much of anything...she should've went on the expedition with them instead of being regulated to being the one who just so happens to get caught in the aftermath of its wake to gain superpowers as well.

While her powers are always cool to see in action, she still didn't ever have a chance to deliver anything truly memorable.

Would she even let those three or them go to Planet Zero without supervision? I dont think so.

yeah, rightly or wrongly, I think her not going was a character based decision.
As you said, she did her best with what she was given, which wasn't much .

Not that she was given a choice. Her character was simply marginalized and reduced to a half baked idea about pattern recognition that was so laughably inept and led up to a moment that simply felt as though it was simply riffing on similar moments in other movies, but handled poorly here.

Not that she was given a choice. Her character was simply marginalized and reduced to a half baked idea about pattern recognition that was so laughably inept and led up to a moment that simply felt as though it was simply riffing on similar moments in other movies, but handled poorly here.

I want to know how someone whose specialty is pattern recognition is therefore qualified to design and manufacture environment suits for the trip to planet zero.

I want to know how someone whose specialty is pattern recognition is therefore qualified to design and manufacture environment suits for the trip to planet zero.

She can design the pretty patterns for the suits. :o

I dont think her pattern recognition had something to do with her designing suits. She is a skilled and smart scientist so she isnt limited to her pattern recognition skill. Anyway they just used that skill of hers to track down Cptn N3m0.

I dont think her pattern recognition had something to do with her designing suits. She is a skilled and smart scientist so she isnt limited to her pattern recognition skill. Anyway they just used that skill of hers to track down Cptn N3m0.

The point I was making was that they stress her ability for pattern recognition, rather than focus on the fact that she's a genius level biologist/biochemist -- and that's her strength.

It's like they threw in the "i can read patterns" just so she could be the one to track down Reed and make her useful beyond getting force shield powers.

Man she was the most boring character in this film. And in this movie, that's saying a lot.

I kind of felt Ben was more boring than her honestly.

Well I at least enjoyed Ben's anger at Reed (that was later dropped), and I liked his design and he got a good punch in on Doom.
Sue Storm was just boring to me, and her powers were somehow portrayed to be almost as lame as Reed's, even though hers should've been awesome.

I agree that his character was boring and flat as well though.

The problem is they made Sue & Ben look like third and fourth wheels of the group. All the focus went to Reed, Johnny & Victor. That's fine, they just should have made sure Sue & Ben got the same amount of development. With Ben, I'll cut some slack since they firmly established his relationship with Ben.

But with Sue, they didn't ever try to give her anything significant to do. And by they I mean Trank, who seems to have something against female superheroes.

I mean, why else would he purposely make her character the weakest with the current shortage of female superheroes on the silver screen?

I disagree, I thought Johnny was the least developed, with Sue being the second wheel and Ben as the third wheel. And besides, I think after Reed, she had the most interaction with the cast (including Papa Storm and Victor).

They're all tied for least developed. The most developed character in the movie was Agent Mole.

I disagree, I thought Johnny was the least developed, with Sue being the second wheel and Ben as the third wheel. And besides, I think after Reed, she had the most interaction with the cast (including Papa Storm and Victor).

Nope. Johnny had a real pre-existing relationship with Victor as we can see from their interaction and he also had qualms with Franklin. Whatever inner conflicts Sue had, they weren't touched on like they did for Johnny, Reed & Victor.

I do agree they all needed more development but there's no way Sue's character was more developed than Johnny's.

She barely even interacted or had a connection with the man who's supposed to become her future husband.

I'm ticked that we never got to learn Sue's plan. When they were fighting Doom, she says "I have an idea," then turns invisible and runs off. Doom seems to know she can turn invisible, for some reason, and asks "Susan, where are you?" then throws some rocky dust around with his telekinesis until she turns visible again. I'm betting the plan was going to be something really awesome, like turn invisible, sneak up on Doom, and punch him.

The problem is they made Sue & Ben look like third and fourth wheels of the group. All the focus went to Reed, Johnny & Victor. That's fine, they just should have made sure Sue & Ben got the same amount of development. With Ben, I'll cut some slack since they firmly established his relationship with Ben.

But with Sue, they didn't ever try to give her anything significant to do. And by they I mean Trank, who seems to have something against female superheroes.

I mean, why else would he purposely make her character the weakest with the current shortage of female superheroes on the silver screen?

I still kind of wonder whether Trank tried to write Sue out of the script. A few of the rumors almost sort of point in that direction.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did...which would be completely asinine and further proves he's full of crap when he says he wanted to tell an authentic story about the team. :o

Trank strikes me as a *****ey dude bro who doesn't give a crap about how women are portrayed in films.

^ Basically. Going by what's been confirmed as well as the other rumors still floating around, it's like he specifically had it in for Sue. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why that is.

Maybe because he really didn't want Mara in the role for whatever his reasons were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"